Find
Notify
Tools

Excessive Heat
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Me and high temps don't get along very well. When I was younger, it didn't bother me nearly as much as it does now. Even when I stay hydrated, I'll get migraines that are horrible. So it wouldn't affect me as much when I'm racing, I got a cooling vest. Best money I've ever spent. Other than that, unless I'm doing something to the car, I just stay out of the sun until it's time to go. Heat won't stop me from racing or doing what I need/want to do. I just have to pace myself a bit differently when it's hot.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

Keyboard gibberish/dribble. Razz

What part of the FACTS and the TRUTH don’t you like? You’re a mess, your car is s POS and your trailer an even bigger POS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The fact is, you don't race P..USS..Y. Let's hear your excuses about that!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2498 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
that ain’t fine shy not hit shyt worth taking about

You were so pissed, your fingers couldn't type right & you had to correct it. F...ING IDIOT!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2498 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says a clueless nobody BROKE DYCK^^^ who after 30 years of claimed bracket racing has nothing but JUNK and not 1 big check, not 1 Wally, not 1 championship! Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Says a clueless nobody BROKE DYCK^^^ who after 30 years of claimed bracket racing has nothing but JUNK and not 1 big check, not 1 Wally, not 1 championship! Laughing very hard

neither do you....your stepson does. So STFU pit grunt Laughing Hard

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Back to the subject.......

Here in N. Central Florida (or anywhere in Florida) the heat and humidity have always been oppressive in the summer, plus you can pretty much count on rain every day. I used to just go race and have fun, and sweat my azz off or get rained out, no matter what it was still fun! Now that I'm older I CHOOSE not to race this time of year, could I, sure but it's really just not fun for me anymore what it's miserable outside. If it's not fun, why go?

That being said when it cools off a little, I'll be back at it. Meanwhile I'll be out enjoying my boat.

Whatever choice you guys make to race in this weather or not, remember it's all about fun, if you can have fun in the heat, go for it! If not stay home, go to a movie, go bowling(!) or whatever floats your boat.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
neither do you....your stepson does. So STFU pit grunt Laughing Hard

Wrong douche bag on all points. 2. He’s my son. 2. I’ve got the checks and Wally’s and 3. make me and trust me you can’t!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
My son douche bag

Why would you call your stepson a douche bag? Without him you'd really be a nobody. Did you find a pillow big enough for you to sit up in that dragster yet? Maybe go to Target and buy on of those booster seats for other little kids. Laughing very hard

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah you’ve got NOTHING douche bag!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The fact is, you don't race P..USS..Y! Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Broke dyck the fact is you haven’t raced your POS in competition in nearly 2 years and when you finally do, it will be short lived. Laughing very hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I’m 58 and the heat is worse to me than it used to be. Mostly because the last 15 years I’ve worked in a climate controlled building instead of a non air conditioned machine shop. That said, if I want to race I race. In a door car with full -5 fire suit gloves and full face helmet. When at the trailer I park my car under a pop up tent. I have another to sit under. Our home track has paved pits and grass areas. I park in the grass. I promise you it’s at least 10/15* cooler there than on the blacktop. If I’m not staging the car I will have a bottle of water in hand. Keep some fresh fruit and pickles in the cooler with your water to help hydrate. I race mostly in central/ South Georgia and north Florida so summer is usually humid and miserable hot. Just be smart and be prepared don’t over exert yourself.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
The heat used to not bother me. Now it does so I go through 12 to 15 bottles of water on race day. Overall does not really seem hotter. Doc says TMB (too many birthdays) makes it more of an issue.

With all the current madness, I will continue showing up.

Posts: 3078 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For me it’s usually the Sun. I can tolerate some pretty good heat if I can find shade or if it is pretty cloudy like it was yesterday.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6362 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just shut up and race or stay the fuc home, no one that is racing cares what your excuse is, no mind those that are WINNING!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The heat is on
On the street
Inside your head
On every beat
And the beat's so loud
Deep inside
The pressure's high
Just to stay alive
'Cause the heat is on
Wooh!
Oh whoh oh ho, oh whoh oh ho
Caught up in the action I've been looking out for you
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
The heat is on
The heat is on
The heat is on
Oh it's on the street
The heat is
On
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
The heat is on
(Yeah!)
The heat is on
(Oh yeah)
The heat is on
(Burnin', burnin', burnin')
It's on the street
Woo... hoo
The heat is
On
The shadow's high
On the darker side
Behind the doors
It's a wilder ride
You can make or break
Can win or lose
That's a chance you take
When the heat's on you
When the heat is on
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
Tell me can you feel it?
The heat is on
Yeah!
The heat is on
Oh yeah
The heat is on
Burnin', burnin', burnin'
It's on the street
Woo-hoo
The heat is on
I can feel the fire
The heat is on
Flames (oh-oh) are burnin' bright
The heat is on
Baby can't you feel it?
Yeah it's on the street
Woo-hoo
The heat is on
I can feel the fire
The heat is on
Flames are burnin' bright

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Got uo this m orning got loaded tied dwon and headed to track. Found out they opened later than thought Temp was 92* at 12:30. Thought about it and now back at the house. No reason to torture myself to make maybe 3 hits on very questionable track( test-n- tune zero prep) and fight to keep from suffocating . Plus driving down track with head spinning because of heat just seems like bad ide.

To those who enjoy it with the heat. Have fun.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4169 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
just shut up and race or stay the fuc home, no one that is racing cares what your excuse is, no mind those that are WINNING!

Ed, STFU! Your kid won one race in a year and that doesn't give you the right to criticize others.
Super Angry

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FUC YOU! This ain't about my son who has won 2 races, $60K already this season and runner up'd another! You ain't ever won shyt old man!

You don't get this sitting home complaining about the heat! Spitting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,