New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excessive Heat
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s a job and it’s call work for a reason! don’t accept it if you don’t want to and can’t perform the requirements.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Everyone has a right to an opinion. That’s one of the things that makes this country great.
Even if they are an Ediot they are still entitled to an opinion. Just keep in mind you can argue with an idiot all day long and at the end of the day they are still stupid.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Lots of people work long hours out in the hot sun all day doing landscaping, construction, etc

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Again, Americans are soft, fat, dumb and happy yet biotch about migrants taking "their" jobs, jobs they deem are beneath them, jobs that require physical work, long hours, working outdoors in the heat and cold. jobs that require they show up everyday at the crack of dawn. Jobs that don't pay why they think they are worth in their delusional minds.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And to think I picked oranges from daylight till dark for $4.00 because there were not enough Mexicans. I was glad to get it.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As you know, that work ethic largely doesn't exist anymore in this country and as you can see by some of the replies here, being a reliable hard worker is no longer a virtue, no longer considered a measure of one's value, no longer traits that our workforce look to achieve, aspire to. People today rather collect unemployment, welfare or some other financial assistance aka a handout rather than work, no mind work hard, outdoors in the heat.

Me, I've been working since I'm 12 and have worked outside in the heat and cold most of my life. I wasn't skeered then and I'm still not skeered. I can out work many younger people no mind most my age. I'm all about getting the job done, not stopping for a break, food, etc. while complaining it's too hot or it's too cold.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
As you know, that work ethic largely doesn't exist anymore in this country and as you can see by some of the replies here, being a reliable hard work is no longer a virtue, no longer considered a measure of one's value, no longer traits that our workforce look to achieve, aspire to. People today rather collect unemployment, welfare or some of assistance handout than work, no mind work hard, work outdoors in the heat.

So, please enlighten us with specifics about our work ethics; you can start with me. I'd like to hear what you think you know. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
broke dyck's frail ego is bruised because he thinks my comments are about him. Laughing very hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...you can start with me. I'd like to hear what you think you know.

You have lived off of other peoples taxes all your life. "with being retired military I have my monthly pension & disability compensation." You are milking the system, I've seen it done before by two of my former neighbors. First the military then double dip in the military industrial complex. You will live well in retirement not because of enriching the lives of others (being productive) rather collecting tax dollars. If you are truly disabled you wouldn't be drag racing. You ask for an opinion, I would not have responded if not. I am a former draftee and endured your kind for my country. You see I was forced to serve and I was forced to pay taxes all my life. And now you continue to live well off of my tax dollars. JMO

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping

Quoted for the truth...

quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
please enlighten us with specifics about our work ethics; you can start with me. I'd like to hear what you think you know. Wink

You have lived off of other peoples taxes all your life.
quote:
with being retired military I have my monthly pension & disability compensation.

You are milking the system, I've seen it done before by two of my former neighbors. First the military then double dip in the military industrial complex. You will live well in retirement not because of enriching the lives of others (being productive) rather collecting tax dollars. If you are truly disabled you wouldn't be drag racing. You ask for an opinion, I would not have responded if not. I am a former draftee and endured your kind for my country. You see I was forced to serve and I was forced to pay taxes all my life. And now you continue to live well off of my tax dollars. JMO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You have lived off of other peoples taxes all your life. "with being retired military I have my monthly pension & disability compensation." You are milking the system, I've seen it done before by two of my former neighbors. First the military then double dip in the military industrial complex. You will live well in retirement not because of enriching the lives of others (being productive) rather collecting tax dollars. If you are truly disabled you wouldn't be drag racing. You ask for an opinion, I would not have responded if not. I am a former draftee and endured your kind for my country. You see I was forced to serve and I was forced to pay taxes all my life. And now you continue to live well off of my tax dollars. JMO

JMO,

I also retired with 30 years of service, but I didn't go active till I was 32. I now collect a army retirement and disability.
I paid taxes prior to joining the Army, and paid them while in the Army, still pay them on my retirement and my SSS. So I guess I'm only living partially off of others taxes.
I wasn't drafted, because I joined (I am a Vietnam era vet as well)
I don't see the point in denigrating Kings decision to serve and draw a retirement from it. Just as I believe I am entitled to mine.

As to disability pay. Almost see your point as I too see a lot of retired milking the system. But then speaking for myself, when there are weeks at a time I can't get out of bed or walk because of my service, a little may be deserved.

Again JMO

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So working in military means you didn't work Hard?

I Have spent most life working on construction on form or the other.Air Balance for most my life and general contractor for 22 years.Not typical contractor and just hire job done. I have done most of them. With all that i would say that working under someone else rules and schedule would be hard as hell no matter the work l load.

Only posted that to point out how one works may seem easy ride to others but they are no doing it.

Now if point of how one has effect their heat tolerance levels.Air-conditioned vs pushing walls up in hest. I don't see what work ethic has to do with racing in the heat ,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You have lived well in this great country & have your freedoms because of the sacrifices made by you & the different branches of service. I'm lucky like many other service members. It's the ones who gave their lives, whether forced or volunteered that made the ultimate sacrifice. Now, you can hate on the military, but they are forced to pay taxes also. Again, the not so lucky died paying their forced taxes. So, get over your pity parties for yourself(s), shut your suck h...ole(s) & stop your crying.

Now, for my work Ethics. I've worked in the weather extremes since around ten years old farming. Joined the Air Force, 26 years (retired), went to work for a major defense contractor 15 years. I invested my earned money wisely & retired early. Now, I continue to work in the weather extremes & going to MI. to cut would in the heat.

Now, for your opinion(s) that's your rights & you follow right along with Kamala. So, that puts you all in good company.

You still haven't addressed my work ethics, only your Hate for the Military.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2517 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Worst clueless post of the year!
We’re talking about Brian not your fn neighbor. Fault him for being smarter ?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought you a holes had more class than that!

Have another drink.

Jealous !

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^Scared P..USS..Y, you are good for one thing; being a #1 Forum B1tch! Wink^^^

quote:
Another fucing physical mess ^^^ complaining about the heat that ain’t done shyt nor has shyt worth taking about

quote:

broke dyck's frail ego is bruised because he thinks my comments are about him. Laughing very hard

Wrong again #1 forum B1tch/Loser & Quitter. I've told you before about your fascination with dyk(s), keep your lifestyle to yourself. Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
STFU broke dyck loser

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Shi$$ing all over us lowly Military folks is a new low for sure. Guess its a reflection of our patriotless society these days.

We paid taxes as we served this country, whether drafted or volunteering. Some of us collect disability for being blown up or shot in Iraq or Afghanistan. But I guess since we volunteered it does not count. Some of us also volunteered as contractors later only be be blown up or shot again in Iraq or Afghanistan. But apparently we dont deserve anything as we are "milking" the system. Apparently some don't understand we paid taxes as well while serving. Well we did get our pay tax free while serving in a combat zone, we even got a couple hundred bucks extra for our trouble. But hey we volunteered so that makes it an offense to some.

I guess we could discuss the low pay we received for the jobs we did, many of them in harsh conditions, but likely those same folks don't care since we volunteered. After all I don't know of many who don't think serving in the military is a sacrifice no mater how you got there. the low pay is just one shining example of the sacrifices made while serving this county. I have moved 48 times in my life, all but three of those moves were thanks to the military, oh wait the tax payers footed the bill to move the goods so I suppose that makes me a leach again. Oh wait it has cost us money EVERY time the military made us move. But we volunteered. My father didn't as he was drafted and wounded as well, like my grandfather before him, that WWII thing. But great grandfather volunteered to as did my great great grandfather but he was fighting for that slavery thing.

So on behalf of generations of my family as well as myself, my wife and my oldest daughter we thank you for you opinions. While we will choose to disagree with those opinions we were happy to have helped provide the freedom with which you can state them. Its clear now how certain folks look at us lowly military folks and our sacrifices for this country...

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings about that government service. In many unmilitary jobs you get payed plenty because of the danger, not a degree. I was a Marine for 4 years and saw no danger. I also worked for a State Dept contractor for a few years in Vietnam from 66 to 69 and got shot twice. Didn’t even get a Purple Heart. But I got paid plenty for the dangers I faced. Anyway I see military service as taking a chance on dying, in return the govt takes care of you. No matter if you farm, shovel sh it, build houses, or drive a bus, you get paid for what you do. Ask Mikey!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I expected a **** storm, certainly wasn't disappointed. Spoke with my stepson just the other day, he's a fine young man, after 10+ years. He and his wife are lieutenant colonels in the USA. He told me of the million+ dollars he expected to get in retirement. Less for the wife because she is just in the reserves. If a retirement program, funded by other peoples taxes, makes one a millionaire just seems a little excessive, I could be wrong.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post