Find
Notify
Tools

Email from BTE
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted
I appreciate BTE giving the update, as well as the discount.

Thank you reading my email. I want to share an update on what we are doing at BTE now and for the remainder of the year. At the end of this text, there is a discount code available (20% discount) that is good for the next two weeks!

I know your time is valuable, therefore I will keep this message brief:

2021 is looking to be our best year yet - a tremendous thank you to everyone who has trusted us with your racing needs.
2021 has also been a continuation of a new, challenging world in which we all live. Supply, labor, materials, kids in school or out of, natural disasters, and more have put pressure on us all, but we remain committed to this passion we share.
We will soon be stocked up on some of the more recently scarce items including Powerglide transmission housings, assembly kits, and component parts that have been difficult to source this year.
I have an update on pricing, Black Friday, and 2022.

We had a (single) price increase earlier this year, but our competition and most of our suppliers have put out increases more than once - in the last week, I received two surcharge notices from major suppliers in the same industry (clutches) - 15% for everything they ship us. Adding this to everything we do - steel/aluminum purchasing, shipping costs, labor cost increases - things are getting lean even in light of our success.

We will not introduce any product price increases for the remainder of this year, however:

We will increase our free shipping policy to $300 for small package, standard ground shipments immediately.
Commercial freight LTL charges go to a flat $175, and residential deliveries to $225 - nationwide.

Black Friday will commence again this year, with order acceptance starting in early November. We will NOT increase prices before, but we will be making some slight changes in terms of product availability:

Racers and standard customers can buy complete transmissions and torque converters on our Black Friday promo with the standard 20% discount and also receive 20% off all our products on our website over the Cyber promotion weekend.
Wholesale accounts will still receive their special pricing on assembled units and converters for the promo, but only on select component parts.
Items we have in solid inventory amounts will be eligible for discounts, but those that have been problematic will be exempted. (Powerglide bands, seals, gaskets, and other items have been almost impossible to keep in stock this year)
If you have any questions about availability and the promotion, don't hesitate to contact us directly at 1-800-626-1828!

On January 1, 2022 we will enact an across the board price increase of 6% on most BTE products. We encourage you to take part in our holiday sales to beat this price increase.

On behalf of everyone at BTE in Mount Pleasant, MS, I thank you for supporting us after all of these decades. We remain one of the last independent, non-venture capital owned family businesses in racing automatics - and plan to do so for the future. Also, thank you for reading this email - use code BTE2021 for 20% off your next order online at BTEracing.com (code expires at the end of the month).

Kind regards,

Brandon Barrentine
President
BTE Racing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post