Find
Notify
Tools

Monetary fines.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Of course and I’m being a honest person means nothing

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
Anyone that is still racing NHRA events after all the BS they have put the racers through over the last 2 decades deserves what they get.

I dont know, I raced my first NHRA divisional race in 22 years a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Definatly no shortage of racers at this race. Seems to me if they would of paid the $10 for the sticker and not photo copied one, and or if they didn't have a incident with there golf cart then there would be no fine and no decussion about fines. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Steve, I quit chasing the divisionals due to the expense involved and stupid prizes they call pay outs...have fun with it while you like it.

I found making 30 to 40 laps in 4 or 5 races a weekend in one car for real money was far more fun for me without a single fine possible.

It all in what you like/prefer...You going to run Tommys race next weekend to show a comparison by any chance?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not defending anyone but when you go to a national event you get one golf cart/ scooter pass there is not a option to purchase a pass for $10.00. So if you have a golf cart and a scooter I would guess that they copied their pass which has a number on it that is registered to your name and stuck it on one or the other. This is not right but they are not thieves stealing from other racers, I'm sure anyone of these racers would buy a sticker if NHRA would sell a extra one JMO.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

It all in what you like/prefer...You going to run Tommys race next weekend to show a comparison by any chance?

Chris,
Not wanting to turn this thread into a NHRA verse bracket racing thread but...
Thats pretty much it right there. Its what you like or prefer. My point was there was 300 plus racers that prefer racing NHRA that weekend and the many different classes that's offered, not just box or no box like bracket racing offers. I said I would never race NHRA again but here I am, I have always wanted to race Top Dragster or a class like it and is simply not offered at bracket races, when the Q16 went a away locally I just decided to make a change. Will I regret it in the future, maybe so but I got a rush going 227MPH last weeked with an engine I personally built myself that I cannot get bracket racing.
No on Tommys race, I raced it last year and many others like it so there is nothing to compare.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
All good Steve and your decisions are respected.

Relaxing

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Looks like all three got exactly what they deserved. I’m not seeing the controversy here.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
ooks like all three got exactly what they deserved. I’m not seeing the controversy here.

Dead on with a zero!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
quote:
ooks like all three got exactly what they deserved. I’m not seeing the controversy here.

Dead on with a zero!

Correct. I'm curious to hear the racers' side of the story, but these aren't passes that you can purchase. Each event entry receives one sticker, for free. It is an effort to reduce traffic at the events.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post