New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monetary fines.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Counterfeit? What is with that, I can't imagine a racer thats so poor or crooked that he has to do this.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Dont they give these out at National event with your entry?

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Non for profit organization???

Dang!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are right I think Big. I haven't been for awhile but the last time I went I had to pay extra and got a sticker. But I like the idea and don't understand how 2 or 3 people at the same race would stoop this low----counterfeit sticker, damn.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Someones printer/s are working over time. . whats the actual cost? $10? With insurance. Anyone know what event this was at?

http://www.nhradiv1.com/2018/2...icleRegAgreement.pdf

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don’t be surprised if you see more fines being handed out this year, and for a variety of reasons. You might want to recheck the validity of your pit scooter decal, especially if you are going to a National Event.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not know if the tag was expired or what the gory details of the situation but it appears to me that the NHRA is doing everything they can to run off racers. I mean with what little we know about the deal that seems like a severe punishment for a simple deal.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Oh lawd forbid following a established guideline that everyone competing has to follow and punishing the ones that do not follow the rules . Heck forget even punishing someone for cheating or anything else .....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I understand rules and punishment but this sure sounds extreme and like another NHRA money grab. $1500 because you did not ask (pay fee) to NHRA to use your golf cart? Were they given a warning? Is that such a serious offense that it requires a $1500 fine?
I really do not think we should be required to register (Pay FEE) to use our golf carts at races but if we are required and people do not then I would think 4 times the fee would be a fair penalty and even then I would give them a warning. Unless your goal is to run off racers (paying customers)

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
While I think this deal about golf carts is another NHRA money grab I do agree with swift and severe punishment if caught cheating. They are not the same. Most racers probably average spending $200 a day to race between tow truck gas, race fuel, entry fees etc. and if you have even 50 racers in that class it is a lot of money invested just to race. If you are cheating in my opinion you are stealing from everyone and should be punished severely.

That is not the same as driving your golf cart around the pits with out paying the NHRA toll.
Just my opinion.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion you are stealing if you don't pay the same fees and follow the same guidelines as a paying customer but I really don't like to defend theives either so there is that .

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
$1500.00 for a bunk golf cart sticker? They can f off...how about the pros speeding thru the pits during eliminations so they get turned around by the next round? I mean spectators are at serious risk by some of these guys actions??? The liability involved in an accident such as what can happen is far more serious than a bunk golf cart sticker they get 10 bux for?

It must be part of the experience, racers still show up with regularity...none for me thanks.

Big Money brackets look more intriguing by the second! Glad to have ya and pay far better. NO golf cart sticker required...clearly a money grab by NHRA. The recognition the NHRA gives for racing with them is not worth the reward IMO.

Speaking of money...I won the TS division 4 title in 2007...paid the same $1,500.00 as when my brother
won the same title last year in 2017. Fees, fines, Nhra salaries go up and everything is more expensive and payout is still the same for $100,000.00 plus TS cars and the payouts the same 10 yrs later? WTF?

Sold the TS car went big money bracket racing and they can have all the national and divisionals they want...I for one will not chase it...

Soapbox closed for the day...got a race next week to prepare for in Dallas that will pay more in one day of racing than you could win racing for 4 days at a national event to win 1 race...Mo fun, Mo racing, Mo money!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^on that, just saw a foot brake car win $50,000 this morning at Carolina. Same car was in 2 finals in Michigan 2 weeks ago---bet he don't have 1/4 as much in that operation as you had in the T/S car.......and no golf cart sticker clapping

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I go to one NHRA Division event a year, just to remind me to not go to a second. I have not been to a NHRA National Event in decades for the same (even more expensive) reason. The average Racer (90%) has zero chance of winning enough to even cover his/hers entry fee. The really bad news is that the winner’s purse won’t begin to cover the weekend expenses when you consider all that it took to get there.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Everyone of the guys knew just what they were doing! Play the game and pay the price.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Everyone of the guys knew just what they were doing! Play the game and pay the price.

Cheep Bahstads! Prob have more money than all of us...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
why any sportsman racer shows up to this dictatorship organization to race is beyond my understanding

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
why any sportsman racer shows up to this dictatorship organization to race is beyond my understanding

Well, I don't know about dictatorship. They have to have rules and have to enforce them. The golf cart thing seems kinda stupid to me. But then it probably wouldn't if someone in a golfcart ran into my car or if they were seriously injured somehow. So it is what it is. And these guys were photocopying the stickers? Isn't that a little hard to defend?

Now, why any sportsman would race at these events......I dunno. I guess the super classes and TS and TD....if that's what you race and enjoy, it's kinda the biggest event you can go to I suppose. It's not my thing by any means. I have a friend that hits them in SS. The amount of money you have to spend and the time you need to dedicate to racing ONE race to me is crazy. But if that is your get away or whatever...more power to them. I couldn't do it at this place in my life though. I could spend less and race more at local big bucks bracket races. But that is bracket racing. Not what they are doing.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Anyone that is still racing NHRA events after all the BS they have put the racers through over the last 2 decades deserves what they get.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post