DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    has big money bracket racing gotten out of hand?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

has big money bracket racing gotten out of hand?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that after paying employees,track rental and all the other fees? Even if it is all of these promoters have earned everything that they make

lol,never said it wasn't deserved!! nothing but respect here,that man put together a great race and an excellent paycheck for himself

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I dont know the short list...some are up to the challenge of racing house cars with drivers that simply have nothing to lose (my team included). While I dont agree with the house car "thing" I cant control that...I can say with confidence they "promoters/house cars" can't control the scoreboards each lap. We as a team have control of our abilities to race...And for those reasons we will continue to race...

JMO

Has it gotten out of hand? Time will tell...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
That being said,any race that requires winning at least 6 rounds to get your entry fee money back,is crazy in my opinion.

In the SFG 525 if you paid the special $1100 price for this race when announced in 2018 and the special $400 price on Thanksgiving Black Friday 2018 for the two $50k races you only needed to win 4th rd in the 525 and 3rd rd in each of the 50k to have received more than what you initially paid. Read the Flier.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TORQIN:
I dont know the short list...some are up to the challenge of racing house cars with drivers that simply have nothing to lose (my team included). While I dont agree with the house car "thing" I cant control that...I can say with confidence they "promoters/house cars" can't control the scoreboards each lap. We as a team have control of our abilities to race...And for those reasons we will continue to race...

JMO

Has it gotten out of hand? Time will tell...[/QUOTEI

I feel the mind set is different though....

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I feel like anyone who thinks promoters make a pile of money every time they have an event is free to do their own race...if you don't guarantee the payouts you still have to lay out a bunch of non-refundable money up front...if you do guarantee the payouts you are on the hook for big money...when you ring the bell you have no idea what your car count will be...

I have nothing but respect for promoters who put their money on the line to bring us big money racing...if they live up to the posted payouts I hope they make a chitpot full of cash...to me this ensures the event will most likely continue...I am a bottom bulb racer so big money events are somewhat limited to me...I can only make just so many 10 hour tows per year...

I am extremely thankful that Coalburg has announced a $100K to win footbrake event for next year...biggest payout in history for the bottom...it is a 10 hour tow but I have entered already...I hope they get 600 cars...how long will this trend last?...I have no idea but I am so glad it is going on at present...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post