DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Online payment collection options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online payment collection options
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to sell a transmission and in the event that an interested party is from out of my area, what are my best options for receiving payment?

Does Paypal protect the buyer or the seller in most transactions?

I'm looking at around $850 or so.

Thanks for any info you all can provide.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure on limits but we been Pay Pal, Cashapp, and you could Walmart to Walmart that $850, their limit used to be $900

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Shane:
Not sure on limits but we been Pay Pal, Cashapp, and you could Walmart to Walmart that $850, their limit used to be $900

I think there limit is $1500 but could be wrong. The Walmart to Walmart transfer is a great option, plus there is no fee to the seller, buyer pays the fee as it should be. I sold a rear end that way and it was simple other than both having to go into Walmart

Posts: 2408 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys!

Has anyone used Payments in Messenger/Facebook?

David Deming

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I had someone pay me with Walmart to Walmart this year. Hadn't even heard of it before, but looked it up and its legit. No problem. Like Steve said, very easy other than having to set foot inside a Walmart. Wink

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who lives in the same town as the person interested in purchasing. Sounds like I may be able to have the buyer just pay my friend cash directly before I ship the transmission.

If that doesn't work, I'll try the Walmart to Walmart option and if that doesn't work the buyer will be out of luck.

Thanks for the feedback!

David Deming