New
Find
Notify
Tools

chassis cert.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
unless you are doing PDRA, or some type of class racing are they really needed I know as for resale it's good to have but what's everybody opinion.

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You just take the builder or previous owners word that they didn’t use muffler tubing to build the car? I get im being drastic here, but you get the point

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MGeorge:
unless you are doing PDRA, or some type of class racing are they really needed I know as for resale it's good to have but what's everybody opinion.
and its a name brand dragster.

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have never had someone look at a chassis tag other than in NHRA Top Sportsman tech. (Which I hear does not exist anymore)

I wouldn't buy something that isn't previously cert'd. I'd buy something with an out of date tag as long as it has a Build #/Chassis tag from a reputable builder that is powder coated over.

The reason I say powder coated over, is because it would be way too much trouble for a scammer to go through sand blasting and re powder coating just to scam me.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
You just take the builder or previous owners word that they didn’t use muffler tubing to build the car? I get im being drastic here, but you get the point

I was doing chassis certs at Memphis several years back and had a guy bring his car straight from his "chassis guy". Tubing was supposed to be mild steel, sonic tested at .111.
He left mad as he11 for his chassis guy.

As far as only needing them if you are doing class racing. The rules dictate 6.0 and quicker.
But, as we all know the track managers and their tech (?) people do not check and even if they did it's unlikely they would know what they were looking at. Or at least that has been my experience.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post