DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Drag race logging phone apps...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag race logging phone apps...
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mezmorized
posted
These apps are far and few between. What are you using for logging runs? I've had "Track Buddy" on my phone for a few years, but since my budget is in the crapper these past few years, I haven't used it yet. I was going to upgrade it once I started using it, if I liked it. But now, the app site is no longer so I can't buy the full version.

As I said... What are you all using?

Thanks! Big Grin

Posts: 22 | Location: Pontiac, Québec, Canada | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Dr.Dial In here...I like it.

Posts: 36 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Until all tracks have working Wi-Fi,I'll stick with my Jeg's logbook.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mezmorized
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Until all tracks have working Wi-Fi,I'll stick with my Jeg's logbook.

The ones I've been using don't require a connection.

I used to have a PC program called "Black Book" and I really liked it.

Posts: 22 | Location: Pontiac, Québec, Canada | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering when they are going to barcode the time slips and sell a program that you can scan the info in and stop all this writing crap lol...

Posts: 31 | Location: Roxboro NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Dixon:
I've been wondering when they are going to barcode the time slips and sell a program that you can scan the info in and stop all this writing crap lol...

I figured,by now, that tracks would eliminate time slips and tell you to go online and see what you ran.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not worrying about WiFi at the track. Heck I would settle for a speaker system that works and or radio that works so you can hear when they call you.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with a pen and a log book. I'm with Curly, have a PA or radio system that works and a timing system that works with a printer where I can read the time slip and have all of the incremental times and I'm good.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
the app site is no longer... I used to have a PC program...

One thing you can hang your hat on is programs and especially phone apps will come and go like the weather. So your formats and specific info will forever be in a state of flux and very hard to compare. Smile I do like the go on line for your time slip concept.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
NHRA used to have the wireless timeslip transmission that would integrate directly into Crew Chief Pro (for you and everyone else), but I don't think they liked outside entities profiting from it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I am not worrying about WiFi at the track. Heck I would settle for a speaker system that works and or radio that works so you can hear when they call you.

X100

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post