New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expensive Burnout
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good reason to go big money bracket racing IMO...damn sure wouldn't pay that fine...thats entry and buyback to a million race somewhere!

Burnouts in the pits not recommended but possibly permitted depending on how late and how drunk?

Just kidding on burnout in pits.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rules are for everyone yet we live in a time where some think they are above the rules. There is a lot of knuckleheads that do what we do. Fair and just punishment.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Dang I thought the damage I did to trans month ago that ended testing and basically two burnouts and one leave costing me 400 bucks was expensive. LOL

As for the fine I think temporary suspension of a any points would be better.Then if you are as desperate for money as NHRA is said to be?

Hey I love burnout as much as anybody and could build a mount off parts I have broken doing them when younger. There is always a chance of something stupid happening and cause harm to others. ALso if one guys does it and nothing happens it will become norm real quick.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I read Cody Lane's reply to all that and he said what they did was wrong and they accepted responsibility. Not like some folks nowadays who play the victim all the time.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I read Cody Lane's reply to all that and he said what they did was wrong and they accepted responsibility. Not like some folks nowadays who play the victim all the time.

Nice to see someone own up to their actions.

Who wants to bet alcohol was involved?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Nice to see someone own up to their actions.

Who wants to bet alcohol was involved?

What a gas motor could be involved? Why everything blamed on alky?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize when I posted this.Should have been expensive burnouts (plural).

They are trying to get $7500 in fines.Will they all pay,or do they all appeal and get off?

http://www.nhraracer.com/conte...eid=72010&zoneid=132

http://www.nhraracer.com/conte...eid=72009&zoneid=132

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post