New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric Cars
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Has anyone given any thought to HOW this Country intends on charging all those millions and millions of electric cars when the present electrical grid can't handle the current demand?

I predict blackouts that last for months, not hours with motorist stranded everywhere at charging stations, or worse miles from a charging station. Just look at the time it currently takes to fully re-charge an electric car.

You do the math. We live in a land of short sighted morons.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We live in a land of short sighted morons.

It's an agenda, reality has nothing to do with it. The more they wreck America the more successful they are.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Has anyone given any thought to HOW this Country intends on charging all those millions and millions of electric cars when the present electrical grid can't handle the current demand?

I predict blackouts that last for months, not hours with motorist stranded everywhere at charging stations, or worse miles from a charging station. Just look at the time it currently takes to fully re-charge an electric car.

You do the math. We live in a land of short sighted morons.

Bob

We just took a trip from L.A. to Pheonix a couple of weeks ago and my daughter and her husband drove their Tesla out there. They had to stop halfway there and recharge for 2 hours each way...
Tesla's are VERY cool cars, But I decided right then a Tesla wasn't for me.
When they first came out they said they were going to have "service stations" along the road that you just pull in and they exchange the battery in and out of the bottom in about 5-10 minutes and you were on your way. I quess they kinda forgot about that idea...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Do a Google search ofthe "electric car recharging time" for every vehicle model. The results will clearly indicate that it doesn't happen in a few minutes, or in most cases a couple of hours.

Now...picture just 20,000,000 cars all being charged at the same time (remember the population of the United States is 327,000,000 people). Next figure out how that will impact the electrical grid in the United States.

Then .........just for laughs:

(1) Predict the panic a "electrical black out" would create? Electric cars stalled everywhere !

(2) I'm trying to figure out where we GET all this electricity from ?

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post