New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stop The Carnage
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Every year thousands of innocent people, men, women and children are killed on America’s freeway by wrong way drivers and every year our Politicians do nothing to stop the carnage. Their answer is to install “Wrong Way” signs Freeway at the entrances and increase Patrol coverage. NEITHER of these methods have proven totally effective, the carnage has only gotten worse. Drunk drivers never read those signs and a Police Officer on the other side of the road is powerless to stop what they know is about to happen, a devistating head-on crash.

One simple, intelligent, effective and inexpensive method is to install directional spike strips at the enterance to freeway on-ramps. Flattening all four tires would in most cases prevent a wrong way driver from ever reaching the end of that on-ramp and entering traffic while headed the wrong direction.

The Financial Cost:

Funding. The cost on installing directional spike strips represents a fraction of the expense Police, First Responders And Medical Personel face in the resulting carnage created by these head on crashes. Every year American citizens pay more and more in gasoline taxes and vehicle registrations so funding is not a deterring factor. Our State Officials control that money but elect to use it for worthless pet projects with complete regard for public safety. Those failing to act responsibly should be removed from Office.

The Human Cost:

Losing Family members and friends is devistating, but obviously it seems to be UNIMPORTANT to State Officials who hold the power to stop the carnage.

The ONLY entities that profit from this carnage are the TV News Departments, they sell advertising and develop income in the process. These folks never feel the human impact, never feel the pain or suffer the loss of a family member, and they never visit survivors in the Hospital, they comfort no one.......it’s all just business. They live by the moto “If it bleeds it leads” that is until it becomes one of their Family members.

There is a simple effective way to stop the madness, all it takes is WILL POWER and ACTION!

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3061 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every year American citizens pay more and more in gasoline taxes and vehicle registrations so funding is not a deterring factor.

Are you serious? I don't need the heavy hand of the government installing one-way spikes! I've never seen anyone driving the wrong way on a freeway. That is treating the symptom and not the cause. If you want to stop drunk driving then don't have parking lots at bars and liquor stores for beginners. Oh, and don't sell alcohol in convenient stores.

You want government to add more tax to a gallon of gas? Federal gas tax hasn't been raised in 25 years, although they are talking about raising it 0.25 per gallon to pay for infrastructure. This wouldn't happen without the federal government being involved and we're $20.6 Trillion in debt. Many states (including your beloved state of CA), in violation of their constitutions, are hopelessly in debt. So yes funding is a BIG problem. Spending becomes a problem when you have to pay for it instead of printing and borrowing money.

Oh, and lastly. I've only seen one person, knowingly, drive the wrong way on one-way spikes thus flatting all four tires. Where was I, California!!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Where we live it happens just about every week, three more this morning. In the past three years the number of people killed by wrong way drivers in San Diego County alone is approaching 60. Three years ago it was 10 in one week and they were not all drunk drivers.

Please don’t even try and tell me it never happens, check any San Diego News Station or the California Highway Patrol.

And about the funding issue. Our gasoline tax in around .90 per gallon, our vehicle registration fees were raised by about 30% this year so money isn’t the issue.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3061 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey, I wish you all the laws, regulations, taxes and expenses you can stand. Current gas tax and registration fees are not indications of financial solvency. If I were guessing they are over spending and in the red and trying to catch up.... but never will. If that's so then there is a funding problem.

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Another one killed this morning, (CBS Channel 8 News, San Diego).

It never ends.

Bob

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
You do realize they list it a drunk driving fatality even if the driver that was at fault was stone cold sober?
Just like gun deaths and man-made global warming they skew the numbers to fit their aims!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 10999 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I see what ya did there and I like it!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is normally something you watch on the evening news, until it involves someone you know or worse, a Family member then it becomes relevant.

That was my point, last week it became personal.

Bob

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
You do realize they list it a drunk driving fatality even if the driver that was at fault was stone cold sober?

I'm sure I understand your point. A person still died.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Another one this morning in Solana Beach (San Diego North County).

The beat goes on and no one, other than the victim’s Family, gives a rat’s azz!

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sympathy and empathy are fine emotions but the fact remains it's an inherently dangerous world and people are going to die. If you don't want the risk then don't drive. We live in an ocean of laws which has everybody breaking the law everyday one way or the other. Legislate that which is fair and effective, otherwise you're going to have to take your chances.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And yet another one this morning, and the beat goes on, and on. The count from the past 6 or 7 days is 6 dead ......all wrong way drivers. At this rate the final count for 2018 could approach 300 dead in just San Diego County alone. Imagine what the State count will be.

Governor Moonbeam is toooooo busy spend tax money protecting Illegal Emigrants and
Legalizing drug dealers to be bothered with the carnage on our Highways.

Two new Laws being proposed in the California State Senate.

(1) To extend the closing time on bars from 2:00 am to 4:00 am. That should make the morning commute to work more interesting.

(2) If a waitress offers a customer a plastic straw with their beverage without being asked she/he faces a huge fine and possibly 5 years in prison.

A gang of imbiciles.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The count from the past 6 or 7 days is 6 dead ......all wrong way drivers.

Augh, this really isn't a big problem for responsible coherent licensed adults. You may want to look elsewhere for the root cause. I'm thinking they're drinking the "wrong-way" (in more ways than one) kool-aid.... provided by the state government of course.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post