DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    POS Democrats won't pass the bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POS Democrats won't pass the bill
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
No one will read them, but if you REALLY want to know what's in the bills, and not just what you hear on the internet, the full texts are available here:

Democrat's House bill: https://apps.npr.org/documents...1-Updated-House-Bill

Republican's Senate bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/...enate-bill/3548/text

I posted these on Facebook, and the replies ranged from outrage (without reading them) to "Do you have the short version?"

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
There's no telling how long the House Demon-0RATS have had their "wet-dream-bill" written just waiting for a piece of Legislation that has to pass to attach it to!
Hopefully the reasonable members in Congress won't get weak kneed and pass this debacle this time?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 10999 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
These Provisions Have No Place in an Emergency Bill

A House-proposed draft circulated today includes the following measures that would do little to address or mitigate the crisis:

Reduce student loan debt by $10,000 per borrower

Permanently expand Affordable Care Act (ACA) premium subsidies

Forgive all the U.S. Postal Service's debt

Make the Child Tax Credit (CTC) fully
refundable for the next 6 years

Increase the size of the CTC by $1,600 for children under age 6

Bail out multiemployer pension plans that were failing prior to the crisis

Temporarily expand dependent care tax breaks

Meanwhile, the Senate-proposed bill released last Thursday includes measures to:

Weaken base-broadening enacted in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), retroactive to 2018, including limits on interest deductibility

Enact unrelated technical fixes to the TCJA related to the "retail glitch" and repatriation payment refunds

Creating a new $300 above-the-line deduction for charitable giving in 2020

In general, these proposals will do little if anything to address the current crisis. While some are sensible policies on their own, they should be enacted through the regular legislative process and with adequate offsets.

They should not be tacked on to emergency legislation, particularly if the measures are permanent or the costs come at the expense of needed emergency spending.

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/thes...place-emergency-bill

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
No one will read them, but if you REALLY want to know what's in the bills, and not just what you hear on the internet, the full texts are available here:

I posted these on Facebook, and the replies ranged from outrage (without reading them) to "Do you have the short version?"

Pretty dry reading Michael.. But in what little I did read the most interesting thing was the Table of Content of both bills.
The democrat bill talks about every thing under the sun and little in helping the economic issues of the people and or business, while the republican bill is more specific about the current crisis and what it will provide economically for the most part..

What I did read, will likely pizz off people or make them happy depending on what side of politics you fall..

BUT, having said that, the repub side is definitely attempting to address the issue at hand while the dems are all about politics.. My opinion of course.

Last thing.. The people who are against this bailout of industry are not thinking beyond their nose.. What will the employee's do if after all is said and done they go back to work only to find the shop has closed and will not reopen, because they used what cash is available to them in paying for rent, machinery, utilities ect...?

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:

First I have never been big on read super long anything. At 1258 pages this applies to super long on steroids.

How the hell does anyone or any 50 right such a long bill in anything less than 6 months? Why would you need something htat long unless you where trying to hide 10 tons of fat in it?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see all the pork/BS they added to this bill.
After all, the solar panel companies need free money too.
WTF

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
The justice I see is the big cities (read sanctuary cities) are the ones hit the hardest.

It sounds like the so-called "poetic justice". Ironic that those hardest hit are the ones who brought this upon themselves. Tsk tsk.

I'm very anxious to see what happens come next election for new Congress critters; the suspense is eating me alive! ;^)

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post