Bracket Talk
POS Democrats won't pass the bill

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/74360152/m/6237039296

March 23, 2020, 11:26 AM
pentastarrail
POS Democrats won't pass the bill
CRAZY,
The DEMS are holding up the senate bill to SAVE AMERICAN LIVES, to get aid for masks, ventilators, etc BECAUSE they want solar panel rebates and airplane emission standards and other NON RELATED items added to the bill.
REALLY
And they just sit there and laughed and smiled on national TV and said unless they get their way they won't vote for the bill.
Since there are 5 republican senators out due to the virus the dems have the majority votes.
WTF

All the nurses and doctors should say, NO MORE, I'm done until the bill passes.
Mad

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA
March 23, 2020, 11:32 AM
Canted Valve
Liberals Know-How-to-Win! Conservative don't stand a chance. Politics/ideology trumps all, it was 100% NO for the dimms across the board (if their own step out of line they will knife them just a vicious as anyone else, and they know it)! The justice I see is the big cities (read sanctuary cities) are the ones hit the hardest.

Illegitimi non carborundum
March 23, 2020, 11:34 AM
BP758
Pelosi and team are trying to pull a fast one pushing sneaky bs through.. I agree Frank!

Raceless in California!
March 23, 2020, 11:34 AM
DragRaceResults
“As Leader Schumer continues to hold up the desperately-needed relief package, the last-minute list of demands from Pelosi’s and Schumer’s ideological wish list are coming into focus,” the aide said.

These include new collective bargaining powers for unions, higher fuel emissions standards for airlines, and expanded wind and solar tax credits.

www.dragraceresults.com
March 23, 2020, 11:51 AM
Bucky
Well, the Dems are balking also at money for large corporations. Why not split that off into another bill if that is what has a bee in their bonnet? Get rid of all that bu11sh1t from both sides, and have a simple bill with money for Americans and their families? Get that passed and move to the next thing. They make these things so large and encompassing, that you know they end up with pork in there somewhere. That's our money folks. Stop ****ing around with it. Planned Parenthood has no place in this bill. Solar has no place in this bill. Fuel emissions? Come on! It's childish games. I'll admit. I hate to throw money into corporate bailouts. Start with a bill for the people then let's all look at the need to save some markets.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 23, 2020, 12:30 PM
RPROGAS
You now know what is more important to the Democratic Party. Airplane emissions, vehicle fuel mileage and the well being of Labor Unions is far more important than the lives of your Family.

Remember that when you vote in November, if you're still alive.

Bob
March 23, 2020, 12:31 PM
442OLDS
Actually,this is how both sides play games.As they argue back and forth,they tend to tank the stock market.

Then,instead of negotiating,they place their orders for desirable stocks that will benefit from their legislation.

Then,they finally will reach a "deal" and the market will rise.

They then sell their stocks and the viscious cycle continues.Most of them are all crooks.

That is how Nancy Pelosi is worth over $120 million.
March 23, 2020, 01:02 PM
vetman
Yes everyone has the freedom of speech but this thread should go to political section SCOTT! GOODBYE ALL AND GOOD LUCK

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid
March 23, 2020, 04:08 PM
Trans Lady
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

I hate to throw money into corporate bailouts. Start with a bill for the people then let's all look at the need to save some markets.

I don't like or agree with bailouts. But I do see the need to help some of these companies so workers have job to return to when this settles down.

I agree to start with the people first.
March 23, 2020, 04:10 PM
Trans Lady
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Sure looks like Ozzy was onto something.
[/QUOTE]

Wink
March 23, 2020, 04:20 PM
wideopen231
guess its easy to not care if airlines go belly up when you can always get a government flight if need. Wonder how many here could do that. Sometimes bail outs are just stupid ad hell and only benefit those who are at the top,but some times they save a much needed industry.

I agree there is BS added on to any bill that goes thru Washington. No matter which side rights it. I bet it would pass the house with flying colors if it said free abortion for all who never learned that sex can lead to pregnancy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
March 23, 2020, 05:13 PM
wideopen231
Pretty simple. If bill is passed and it helps with crisis then it makes Trump look better and thats the last thing they want. If you suffer so what they are trying to keep Trump from being reelected because they are affraid the American people might do something crazy and vote using their brain instead of BS democraps want to to believe.

March 23, 2020, 05:14 PM
maliciousintent
^^^^ you and your logic has no place on this board. I think its time the American people mobilize, storm the capital and demand that these F'ing politicians do their job. Other wise send them packing.
March 23, 2020, 05:22 PM
wideopen231
Not sure if thats^^^ aimed at me or someone else. If its me I would like to hear what part.

March 23, 2020, 06:07 PM
BP758
Every time the country faces a crisis, real or perceived, there is a rush in Congress to pass massive bills that go far beyond responding to the matter at hand. So much bs tied to the original bills.

Raceless in California!
March 23, 2020, 06:47 PM
67TSCHEVY2
The ones bytchin over not getting a government check like they should are the same ones that bytche over people getting welfare and food stamps ....irony at its best
March 23, 2020, 08:51 PM
maliciousintent
Wideopen 231, that was sarcasm.
March 23, 2020, 09:04 PM
DragRaceResults
I don't see this as politics, I see it as an American issue. Sorry if it ruffles anyone's feathers but the issues at hand are fairly critical right now and people need to be informed no matter what your party affiliation is.

SL...

www.dragraceresults.com
March 23, 2020, 09:18 PM
Curly1
It is major and it needs to be discussed.

As for Big Government they are always looking for a crisis to tax us more (take money from people) or pass more laws (take power from people)

I tend to believe it is a bad no win situation but what pisses me off is instead of fighting to eliminate it and trying to get economy back on track the Democrats are fighting to make it and the deficit worse so they can try to get rid of Trump.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
March 24, 2020, 07:53 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Every time the country faces a crisis, real or perceived, there is a rush in Congress to pass massive bills that go far beyond responding to the matter at hand. So much bs tied to the original bills.

Yes!! I would rather nobody get anything than they pass all the garbage in that bill. These bills need to be simple and singular in their approach. So much is hidden in them now.

And frankly, the entire lockdown thing is to some extent not needed. The cities are the epicenters of this deal. They could lock down 5 Illinois cities, and leave the vast majority of the State to go on. Sure leave the schools closed, and limit restaurants to takeout. And continue with as much social distancing as possible. But basically, get out of the way. Infections and spread are not a big problem out here.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo