DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    400 million guns in the US. So?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400 million guns in the US. So?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
I am told in the United States there is something like 400 million firearms in private ownership.
The political left is appalled by those numbers...seeming to believe that each gun represents a potential homicide or even mass murder.

However, I am one who is fairly well immersed in the "gun culture", and go to a lot of gun shows. I look at those 400 million arms as being greater than 99% "safe queens", that are rarely ever fired for sport or even borne for personal protection!

Lol, in my opinion one of the reasons that the US has by far the greatest number of guns per capita is because.... we can simply afford them!
The US probably also has the highest number of television sets per capita....the greatest number of cars per capita.....

There are many people who individually own many, many guns, as they're collectors, hoarders, what have you. They often strive to have one copy of every possible variation of some particular model of arm. And that really adds up.

Remarks?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bad Nusz,

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That means there are a lot of people (68% of adults) that don't own guns.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
so 32% of 330,000,000 have firearms. Man we need to get more people to buy guns.

So how many of those numbers include non registered sales and so called ghost guns?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post