DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
 Login/Join

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I like pretty things.

Try some 110 grain hollow points in the .06. You will be surprised.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:

Yes, true, but the shooting only lasted a couple of days.

LOL, true.

But a lot of ammo and other supplies were used in the run up..

My engineer Bn even did a gunnery with their CEV's in country..

Saying all that if we can't manufacture it because of a lack of raw materials or a manufacturing base (facilities and/or manpower)then in the end we are hosed..

And, as I see it the government is being short sighted (stupid) in both area's.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many Army Depots there are, but there is one near Texarkana, Texas named Red River Army Depot. It is un-Godley how much stuff there is there. I have done road work inside the place a few times.

I saw one building as large as 2 or 3 football fields completely full to the 30 foot ceiling of truck tires. The depot man I remarked about this to told me the Army maintained at least three sets of tires for every vehicle they owned and completely replaced every tire more than 5 years old whether they had been used or not.

I once saw a 30 acre parking lot (there are many) completely full of Abrams tanks. Other lots full of APC's, Bradleys, 5 ton trucks, and 3/4 ton 4 x 4 chevy pickups.

Mind boggling. This is a WW2 facility that has hung on. Wright Patman from Texarkana was a very powerful Congressman on the Appropriations Committee. He has been dead 30 years, but his ghost must still haunt the Capital.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Also, there are hundreds "igloos" out in the woods full of bullets, grenades, arty shells, rifles, and slingshots.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Don't do 30-06 any more.100 gr hollow point in 7mag makes a mess out of a crow. poof black feathers everywhere.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I stopped shooting anything I won't eat long ago. Stopped shooting anything some time ago when I had my heart surgery.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
I don't know how many Army Depots there are, but there is one near Texarkana, Texas named Red River Army Depot. It is un-Godley how much stuff there is there. I have done road work inside the place a few times.

I saw one building as large as 2 or 3 football fields completely full to the 30 foot ceiling of truck tires. The depot man I remarked about this to told me the Army maintained at least three sets of tires for every vehicle they owned and completely replaced every tire more than 5 years old whether they had been used or not.

I once saw a 30 acre parking lot (there are many) completely full of Abrams tanks. Other lots full of APC's, Bradleys, 5 ton trucks, and 3/4 ton 4 x 4 chevy pickups.

Mind boggling. This is a WW2 facility that has hung on. Wright Patman from Texarkana was a very powerful Congressman on the Appropriations Committee. He has been dead 30 years, but his ghost must still haunt the Capital.

Fort Bliss isn't your ordinary run of the mill arsonal either! During the time I was running my truck they had doubled the size of it and we delivered fuel tanks in there. We went through the main gate and drove to the other end of the base and it seemed like a good hour. I've pulled a lot a military equipment out of there also with most of it going to Fort Irwin over in Barstow CA.

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Jerry better keep that quite the liberals will be attacking it for having all of those mean killing weapons.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No worries, the libs love the government and anything it does. They just don't want individuals able to resist.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
They only love gov. when it profits them or is licking their butts.Fortunately for them they are happy99% of the time.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Cartoon Fever Eyes

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
First understand the meaning of "shall not be infringed"

Then read this...

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post