DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Veteran's Benefits
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veteran's Benefits
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57:
I know Jerry, There is nothing like a good **** joke. Your intelligence is staggering!!! Are you 5 years old? Idiot

Hey Bag Boy I didn't post it...so why don't you "blast" WO...NO BALL$ BuuuTT it was funny as "shyte" Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
What the REPUBLICANS should begin every answer with is "if the FLEEBAGGER Senate had not violated the CONSTITUTION for five years there would be no need for a "continuing resolution" we would have a budget!!!!!
IF the REPUBLICAN leadership in the House was not so spineless they never would have let the Senate VIOLATE the CONSTITUTION over and over and over and over and over!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
What the REPUBLICANS should begin every answer with is "if the FLEEBAGGER Senate had not violated the CONSTITUTION for five years there would be no need for a "continuing resolution" we would have a budget!!!!!
IF the REPUBLICAN leadership in the House was not so spineless they never would have let the Senate VIOLATE the CONSTITUTION over and over and over and over and over!!!!!

Hum "Riddle" me that Dupee's

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandma:

Gpa

My dad WWII Naval Vet and Korea Marine Vet is probably flipping over in his grave over this POS!!! That must be the "rumblings" I hear coming from the Veteran's Cemetery in Boulder City Eyes

Jerry Mock

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea I bet he would be thrilled the clowns shut the government down because they changed their minds on a law they voted for before. Now the repubs are scrambling trying to pick and chose important programs to start back up because they know they screwed the pooch. They won't show it on Fox but the repubs are taking a real beating from citizens outside the capital as they walk in.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nothing, and his twins, Zero and Blank.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

WWII Memorial Barricade Wired Shut

US shutdown closes iconic D-Day cemeteries in France

Military keeps Camp David open,

Obama has spent just 78 days at the retreat, choosing instead to spend his weekends in Washington and hitting military golf courses, which are also being kept open during the government shutdown.

cuts NFL, baseball coverage to troops overseas

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The repubs are pissing in Osama's Wheaties and like a spoiled brat he's trying to make it look like it's "our" fault!!!

Jerry Mock

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Grandma,
Have any cartoons that show the 60 or so house members signing the document where they agree to shut down the government and then trying to say now the democrats did it? That would be a hoot. How about one showing how a law gets changed by congress? That would inform the kids. We have to get past the hate. Love your stuff.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Baggy, You've been watching CNN again? You know the Clown News Network!! Laughing

Jerry Mock

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57:
Hey Grandma,
Have any cartoons that show the 60 or so house members signing the document where they agree to shut down the government and then trying to say now the democrats did it? That would be a hoot. How about one showing how a law gets changed by congress? That would inform the kids. We have to get past the hate. Love your stuff.

Why did they sign a document to shut down the government?? To stop Obama care, The Liberal news media is NOT telling the wh ole story. They're like little kids, "I didn't lie mommy, I just didn't tell you the who le story!! Obama Care you know Obama's ACA you know the program that's killing job's because employer's are cutting employee's work hours so they don't have to pay employee's health insurance!! But, I'm waiting because I know, I KNOW you WILL spin it...okay I'm sitting down and waiting on your response Rolling

Jerry Mock

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A post from Allen West,

Woke up this morning to the sounds of whining coming from the White House: "President Obama has to cancel his trip to Asia because of the government shutdown." And of course those mean ol’ Republicans are to blame. I suppose this rates right up there with FLOTUS not being able to 'tweet' as much. Could it be the impeccably technologically savvy Obama administration has never heard of Skype? Sorry Mr. President you have to stay here with us sappy Americans and not trek off to Bali or Indonesia. Quite sure the leaders of those countries would be happy to tele-conference with you. How about this, just repeal the medical device tax and ensure Obamacare is a law that applies to all Americans -- no waivers, exemptions, and delays for some -- and we promise you can go out and play, little fella.

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
The "totus" regime is putting up conertina wire to keep vets from visiting the WWII memorial at the same time they've told immigration officers to back off doing their job?????
Shouldn't the fence be on the border instead of denting our veterans?????

bow bow not worthy not worthy

Jerry Mock

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Allen West is and always will be a joke.

I am amazed that even the clowns actually listen to him.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The "totus" regime is putting up concertina wire to keep vets from visiting the WWII memorial at the same time they've told immigration officers to back off doing their job?????
Shouldn't the fence be on the border instead of denting our veterans?????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Now they've locked the gates at the cemetery on Normandy beach in France????? WTF???
This TYRANT is like a spoiled BRAT...He needs a good A$$ whoopin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Mock

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall

NBC's affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That's when police came and moved everyone out."

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is a black granite outdoor wall on which the names of the 58,272 service members who died or were unaccounted for during the Vietnam war are inscribed.

It takes more manpower and costs the government more money to close down an outdoor wall than to let people walk past it and pay their respects.

The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials.

Gpa

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mock:
Now they've locked the gates at the cemetery on Normandy beach in France????? WTF???
This TYRANT is like a spoiled BRAT...He needs a good A$$ whoopin'!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can thank your repub controlled House for shutting down the Govt.

ASS WHOOPIN?????? Forget it little jerry, you couldn't beat the air out of a wet paper bag.

It wouldn't be you that's for sure..........

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
From the World War II graveyards in Normandy, France to the military bases of Okinawa, Japan – Americans are feeling the impact of the government shutdown well beyond the Beltway.

Ann and Ted Pardy, of Lincoln, Neb., planned their first French vacation with Normandy as the final stop.

But when the couple arrived at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial to pay their respects to the nearly 10,000 men who died there to bring an end to World War II, they were greeted with a locked gate.

The cemetery, along with the rest of the memorial run by the American Battle Monuments Commission, had been closed as part of the government shutdown.

"It's symbolic of the failure of our government to pull together," Ted Pardy said, glancing through the gate in the direction of the iconic rows of white crosses. "Unlike the people here, who knew how to pull together to get something tough done."

The Pardys' anger reflects that of many Americans, both living and traveling abroad, who are feeling the sting of the federal government shutdown in ways big and small.

From Japan to Germany
On the American military base in Okinawa, Japan, Jim Hashman works as the fine arts coordinator for the region's military schools.

Hashman, 51, was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, in August. He said he and his wife, Marcia Hashman, were hoping for an early medical retirement with benefits that would allow him to enroll in a clinical trial back in the U.S.. He submitted the required paperwork last week.

But now both he and his wife, who also works in the school system, are furloughed and working without pay. They said they are not financially able to return to the U.S. for the trials.

"I can't just walk away from my job...I still need to be able to provide for my family," Hashman said.

"We have given 23 years of our lives overseas serving military families," Marcia added. "[Congress'] argument over the budget and the healthcare system that's already a law is delaying our return home to be with family at a very critical time of our lives."

U.S. military commanders and supervisors in the European theater also sent home most of their civilian workers this week.

Jim Hashman is the fine arts coordinator for schools on the American military base in Okinawa, Japan. He was recently diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, but his treatment has been jeopardized by the government shut down.

"The U.S. Army Europe, including our subordinate units, currently have furloughed 75 percent of our civilian staff," said Col. Rumi Nielsen-Green, spokeswoman at the headquarters of U.S. Army in Europe located in Wiesbaden, Germany.

"That is approximately 1,300 of 1,700 Army civilians, who are currently on unpaid emergency furlough for an indefinite period," she said. "The one word to describe our present situation is 'uncertainty.'"

On the U.S. Air Force in Europe's Facebook page, Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh III wrote: "I'm sorry that our government shut down continues. We are now feeling the effect across the department... I'd ask you to stay plugged in with your local leadership and communities as we work through this difficult time together."

At U.S. joint training facilities in Germany, operations are already experiencing a significant impact, as training classes had to be cancelled due to a lack of funding for travel.

"While exercises that are critical for ongoing missions are taking place, we did have to cancel medical classes because civilian instructors are not present. And there simply is no money to travel soldiers from other garrisons in Germany," said Lt. Col. Brian Carlin.

"At the moment, we can fulfill our tasks, but the longer this situation continues, the longer it will take us to recover and be ready for missions," Carlin said.

'Insidious' to U.S. intelligence abroad
The intelligence community is not immune either. In Washington on Wednesday, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told a Senate committee that the shutdown would be "insidious" to U.S. intelligence capabilities abroad.

"This affects out global capability to support the military, to support diplomacy, and to support our policymakers," said Clapper. He called the shutdown a "dreamland for foreign intelligence services."

Tourist take pictures of the closed gate of the Normandy American Cemetery on Thursday in Coleville-sur-Mer, northwestern France.

Back in Normandy, the consequences were less dire, but no less frustrating for the tourists that had made their pilgrimages to the memorial for the war dead.

Sandrine Lepetit, a memorial tour guide who said she has taken thousands of Americans to the U.S. WWII cemetery, has replaced it with visits to the German cemetery.

Sarah Fink traveled from Colorado to pay tribute to her uncle, who fought on Omaha Beach. "It's very disappointing," she said. "We've come a long way and the cemetery is not available to us."

With no access to the memorial grounds, Tom Jackson of San Francisco snapped photographs of the locked gates. Asked what he was planning to do with them, Jackson said he would be sending the photos to his Congressional representatives.

John Boehner and the clown circus moves on........