DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Will The Wall Get Built?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will The Wall Get Built?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
Why Not pull our soldiers from over seas in danger and get them to help protect the USA buy building the wall? I am tired of seeing our soldiers put in harms way protecting others and then get NO respect for it. Come back with PTSD and limbs missing. It is high time our government invested much more into our country while it is still the greatest country on earth. Sorry for the rant but I have lived 29yrs. next to a military base and many of my customers are military.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I know 1000% non pc, I have said for years if you want to stop them.Stack few dead bodies of those who tried to cross before.They will at least find another spot.

I guess firing few rounds at feet would do similar,just not as much lasting impact.

So to keep the pc crowd happy build the wall they don't want. Wait they are not happy then either.

Maybe use border for training military,good target practice on moving targets.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
This would have to be repealed first. Unless the President defined controlling the border an extreme emergency then wrote an executive order, he could then override it. Could wake up a few liberals that way. LOL

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 was passed to prevent US military personnel from acting as law enforcement agents on US soil. This was common practice before 1878, particularly in areas of the West where the US military was often the only law enforcement to be found. Soldiers often enforced civilian laws whenever it was necessary.

The Posse Comitatus Act banned this practice, and the Act still remains in effect. The text (18 U.S.C. Section 1385), reads:

"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
President could order Coast Guard to patrol the Rio Grand. May have to use rubber raft's at times though.

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Dave I did not know about that law. I learn every day. Well bring all the high paid contractors back home and let them do it. Also offer the getting out soldiers the job. Has to be a way Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Remember all the hubbub back when some militia went to support the border patrol?
The states could call up the National Guard if they wanted to. But if the prez calls them up they would be federalized so they would then fall under posse comitatus

Personally I think it would be a heck of an idea if the states set it up so their Guard folks performed their 2 week annual training on the border. Stagger them so there was always units there. But again its the fed who pays for the annual training.
Just gotta figure out a way to pay for it.

LOL.. I could see Trump using an executive order to do it.. It would make my day..

After all if nobama could legalize DACA by fiat, then Trump should be able to do this..

Dave

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a joke right? With $21T in debt I don't think that's a high priority. Just turn up the dial on the printing presses and pay the interest on the new debt. Works every time, or at least so far.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

That's a joke right? With $21T in debt I don't think that's a high priority. Just turn up the dial on the printing presses and pay the interest on the new debt. Works every time, or at least so far.

Guess I should have been a little clearer..

Gotta figure a way for the fed to pay for it so it doesn't look like the fed is paying. Thus bypassing the Posse Comitatus.

Dave

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Dave Covey guess what. Big Grin Our president has declared it an emergency Weather Looks like he might be listening to us Super Angry Yes we have a real man with testicles ready to man up and fix this leaking country some Not worthy

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will The Wall Get Built?

he has to build the wall, if he doesn't he will not get reelected.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Dave Covey guess what. Big Grin Our president has declared it an emergency Weather Looks like he might be listening to us Super Angry Yes we have a real man with testicles ready to man up and fix this leaking country some Not worthy

LOL..

I thought about what I said yesterday when I first heard he was considering sending troops..

And I thought "he can't just do that", but then I remembered Bush and nobama sent the guard down to support border patrol.

Seems under title 32 he can..

Title 32 Full-Time National Guard Duty
“Full-time National Guard Duty” means training or other duty, other than inactive duty, performed by a member of the National Guard. Title 32 allows the Governor, with the approval of the President or the Secretary of Defense, to order a member to duty for operational Homeland Defense activities in accordance with the following sections of U.S. Code (USC):
1. 32 USC 502 (f): This statue allows member of the National Guard to be ordered to full-time National Guard duty to perform operational activities. It was used for the Airport Security mission after 9/11 and also for Hurricane Katrina and Rita response effort.
2. 32 USC § 901: The term “Homeland Defense activity” means an activity undertaken for the military protection of the territory or domestic population of the U.S., or of infrastructure or other asset of the U.S. determined by the Secretary of Defense as being critical to national security and at risk of a threat or aggression against the U.S.
3. 32 USC § 902 - Homeland Defense activities: funds. (a) The Secretary of Defense may provide funds to a Governor to employ National Guard units or members to conduct Homeland Defense activities that the Secretary determines necessary and appropriate for participation by the National Guard or members.
The key to this instance is that Federal Law provides the Governor with the ability to place a soldier in a full-time duty status under the command and control of the State but is directly funded with Federal dollars. Even though this duty status is authorized by Federal statue, this section is a statutory exception to the Posse Comitatus Act; the Governor may use the Guard in a law enforcement capacity while the chain of command rests in the State.

I hadn't seen this before..
So as far as the guard this covered my thoughts on using and paying for it..

To bad they wont put them to use patrolling instead of manning the admin side of the house. My next question is, just how many actual border patrol agents actually do administrative work or do they hire civilians to do that?

Dave

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Here is a link about Title 32.

Fact Sheet

Dave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Dang David got some strong connection. WHat you have a Bat phone connection to WH?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Dang David got some strong connection. WHat you have a Bat phone connection to WH?

Nope, wish I did cause if the libs are going nuts now I can't imagine what they would do if I had any say in policy.. lol

Dave

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Yes it is happening Smile Make Our Country Great Again Smile

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes it is happening...

What is happening? Some limited amount of fence is being built/repaired. But there is NO wall being built. Building the wall is specifically prohibited by the omnibus spending bill. Am I missing something here?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post