DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Why Illinois is dead broke.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Illinois is dead broke.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
The next bigger domino after Detroit is ready to fall. Can anyone question (well yes, a liberal would, just keep printing money, after all you can't run out of money if you keep printing right) that the same day of reckoning will befall a federal government $21 Trillion in debt and growing unabated?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey, It's the demonRATIC way....spend til' it's gone then spend some more! Roll Eyes

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, they keep spending, but then they want someone else, someone else that has been responsible and remained solvent, to bail them out. The following is old but it drives a steak in the heart of the beast.

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Bucky, what's your position?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The woman above pretty much nailed it. Lou wants to make it way simpler than it really is. By far our biggest weight around our neck is pension obligations. But how did we get into that mess? It's not as simple as it seems. Well, some of it is.
First, the unions in the state have never been told no. Not when it comes to pension and bene's at least. So that's pretty simple. The dem's have bought the vote of every public union member in the state, and those votes have gotten rather expensive.
Second, mismanagement of the pension system. The system was kept solvent for decades by using high return investments. I.E....high risk. So when everyone else did poorly in the stock market, so did our state.
Third: More mismanagement of our state pension system. When times got tougher for all states, ours decided to keep spending money like we had it and stop making payments to the pension system. I'm not sure how this is even legal.

So when a teacher near or in retirement cries that it isn't her fault that the state mismanaged her pension after she worked for 30 years to earn it, well she is at least partially correct. Plus, she didn't negotiate for the unreasonable pension deals that bankrupt state and municipality. Certainly if there were adults in the room when it came to negotiations, we could have avoided most of this particular problem.

What makes me a little angry about Lou's comments is that he overlooks that most of the political power in this state is centered in and around Chicago, and that's exactly where the Democratic power resides. The majority of this state is reasonable people who understand what fair really is. We all did our best to elect Trump, regardless of what the Chicago political machine does. If Lou wants to poke a stick at someone, poke it at Chicago. Or maybe we can slide their asses into the lake.

We have a governor currently who is trying his best to pass a budget that at least has some amount of fairness in it. But it gets stuck with the power strong Democrats every time. So we are going years on no budget. Another thing that I don't understand how it can be legal to do.

Now we are among 16 other states who share in budget shortfalls....as if we had one. But our Federal government hasn't exactly helped states who rely on manufacturing for revenue to thrive either.

As far as bailouts? Why enable our legislature even further by giving them the exact drug they have become addicted to? they need to grow up some time. And handouts won't help the process.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Lou wants to poke a stick at someone, poke it at Chicago.

I understand your anger as a reasonable, cognizant, contributing citizen of Illinois. But ultimately the innocent as well as the guilty have to bear the burden when a member of a group. Weather that's Greece, Iceland, Cyprus, Detroit, Illinois or the USA. You are of course correct about a bailout. Bailouts subvert the principals of capitalism, or evolution for that matter. What the market supports survives what doesn't passes on as a failed effort. I don't know the answer, certainly not at this advanced state. But we'll ultimately find out.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Why isn't the fruits-an-nuts state on the list? Trying to save RETARD #1's feelings?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
If Lou wants to poke a stick at someone, poke it at Chicago.

I understand your anger as a reasonable, cognizant, contributing citizen of Illinois. But ultimately the innocent as well as the guilty have to bear the burden when a member of a group. Weather that's Greece, Iceland, Cyprus, Detroit, Illinois or the USA. You are of course correct about a bailout. Bailouts subvert the principals of capitalism, or evolution for that matter. What the market supports survives what doesn't passes on as a failed effort. I don't know the answer, certainly not at this advanced state. But we'll ultimately find out.

Well, Illinois isn't an island. It's part of the US. So I guess Chicago got their taint on you too! Enjoy being part of the club!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why isn't the fruits-an-nuts state on the list? Trying to save RETARD #1's feelings?

Village Idiot, Morons like you are in every state.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, Illinois isn't an island. It's part of the US.

True. But the state tax payers will be hit first, hardest, and longest, as it should be. Illinois should go through bankruptcy court as prescribed by law. Heck, let the creditors bear the burden too. I can darn sure see moving to avoid a state fiasco if not national.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I like the map showing eliminating Illinois and dividing the territory up between Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri and Wisconsin!
The problem would be who in the Hell would take chi-town?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Village Idiot Uncontrollable Laugh

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I see the Village IDIOT is back in the Muslum state of Michigan for the summer...I guess he can't take the heat no matter where he lives! Big Grin

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How about we give Chicago to Michigan. They could use another Detroit.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
The liberal on elevator is Funny as hell and too true

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If the new Illinois State Budget was to eliminate funding for all the other Social Service programs they still could not repay the Pension debt. These folks have dug themselves into a bottomless pit with NO chance of recovery, meanwhile they are pleading with the Federal Government to lend them additional digging equipment, (AKA Federal Bailout funding). The entire State Income barley covers the Pension debt interest and none of the principle, which at the last count was more than $251,000,000,000 and growing!

It's interesting that the Legislature voted to become a "Sanctuary State" thus jeopardizing any Federal funding. Their problem is blantant stupidity, and no one can fix stupid of this magnitude.

Imagine for a moment that you have a un-employed neighbor living in a palatial estate with five new cars in his driveway, a new 65 foot long yacht who takes month long vacations to Europe twice a year and is now ordering you to pay off his overdue debt obligations. Welcome to the Illinois Debt Relief Strategy! They expect someone else will pay for their continued stupidity.

Chicago has become "The Murder Capital" of the United States and is one step away from having the Federal Government sending in Armed Troops and declaring Marshal Law.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
May I remind you the "fruits-an-nuts" state is on the same path, not far behind.
At least the morons there had enough sense to scrap the idea of providing state run "single payer" healthcare, illegals were to be included!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's interesting that the Legislature voted to become a "Sanctuary State" thus jeopardizing any Federal funding. Their problem is blantant stupidity, and no one can fix stupid of this magnitude.

The above thought process, that of liberals, is analogous to a troubled teenager living at home. He's had everything provided for him up to now and thus doesn't really know how things work. Yet is stupid enough to rant and abuse his parents and yet, while wanting to runaway and be "free", he continues to live off of what his parents provide.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't need reminding that California is on the same idiotic path, we see it every day. Our lunatic Governor will try and "out due" Illinois to prove that he is better, faster and quicker at bankrupting a State. When that happens, Governor "Moonbeam" Brown will be leaving with the money to buy one of the Hawaiian Islands.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post