DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Could cash be banned because of a pandemic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could cash be banned because of a pandemic?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted
Could you picture cash being banned by the US government because of a pandemic?
It occurred to me this evening that the government could discover or "discover" that diseases are being transferred by the handling of cash.

Then there would no longer be any private purchases or sales of anything..... just the way they want it.

Or am I overthinking it? ;^)

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro_ET
posted Hide Post
No but your credit/debit card may be declined do to a credit freeze if the Fed injections don't solve the central bank liquidity issues!

Posts: 127 | Location: Div 3 | Registered: December 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If any thing to this theory about,we have never quarantined the world for a virus and its all setup for one world order BS. Then I can see cash be banned along with the prices of my extra guns going lot higher/. Thats if I had any guns other than this daisy bb gun. LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
If any thing to this theory about,we have never quarantined the world for a virus and its all setup for one world order BS. Then I can see cash be banned along with the prices of my extra guns going lot higher/. Thats if I had any guns other than this daisy bb gun. LOL

LOL, I see you have a battery similar to mine then......

Yeah, I wonder too about precious metals being banned too one day, in an extreme control situation. Tin hat theory? Perhaps. But private possession of gold was banned at one time.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you are concerned about handling any paper product, like mail, any paperwork or cash here is a simple method of insuring it's safe. Place the item in a pre-heated over at 100 degrees for about two minutes, that will kill any virus. Forget using a micro wave it works differently it will NOT do the job.

If this is a grave concern:

Until you can safely handle the cash (or whatever), have the person place it in an envelope until you get home and turn it into "Hot Cash".

ps: Lets not get too paranoid here. If you were close enough to have the cash handed to you THAT closeness would have probably transmitted the virus.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
If you are concerned about handling any paper product, like mail, any paperwork or cash here is a simple method of insuring it's safe. Place the item in a pre-heated over at 100 degrees for about two minutes, that will kill any virus. Forget using a micro wave it works differently it will NOT do the job.

If this is a grave concern:

Until you can safely handle the cash (or whatever), have the person place it in an envelope until you get home and turn it into "Hot Cash".

ps: Lets not get too paranoid here. If you were close enough to have the cash handed to you THAT closeness would have probably transmitted the virus.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. It only takes 100 degrees? Much lower than I would have expected.
I wonder about ultraviolet light, too.

Lol, I'm not too worried about it myself; I'm mostly worried about other people's worry. ;^)

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
But private possession of gold was banned at one time.

Yes, but confiscation and re-valuing was first, i.e. bank holiday. They say the benefit of gold/silver eagles, over bars, is they are legal tender and thus should be exempt.??? Digital money is probably the preferred way to control peoples money but I can see the possibility of a world currency. Just as people today don't appreciate personal privacy they aren't aware of the perils all plastic money.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2334 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Nusz:
Could you picture cash being banned by the US government because of a pandemic?
It occurred to me this evening that the government could discover or "discover" that diseases are being transferred by the handling of cash.

Then there would no longer be any private purchases or sales of anything..... just the way they want it.

Or am I overthinking it? ;^)

In all seriousness, this has been an issue for my wife's place of work. Folks come to the office to pay rent, some in cash. They can slide it under the door or through the window so there is no direct personal contact......but what they just gave you was just in their hand.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post