DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just use our tax dollars to fix everything.

Bucky, I saw your post regarding floor insurance. Didn't seem like further input was needed. I hate to whip a dead horse but we don't have any tax dollars. It would be one thing if there were a slush fund with available cash but we're talking additional debt added to already crushing debt. I'm afraid any cry for personal responsibility is going to fall on deaf ears in our help everybody all the time society.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
If they are stupid enough to build in a swamp, let them but they should not bef allowed to buy federal flood insurance.

It is actually a function of the banking industry that has made flood insurance available.

We are just enabling people to continue to make unwise financial decisions that they would never make if they were risking their own money.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Just use our tax dollars to fix everything.

Bucky, I saw your post regarding floor insurance. Didn't seem like further input was needed. I hate to whip a dead horse but we don't have any tax dollars. It would be one thing if there were a slush fund with available cash but we're talking additional debt added to already crushing debt. I'm afraid any cry for personal responsibility is going to fall on deaf ears in our help everybody all the time society.

I live in a state whose legislature has perfected the art of spending what they don't have. They recently raised income taxes 30%, and we still spend more than we take in. So they pass a school funding bill that spends more money yet. Sure we need to do something about school funding in our state. But spending money that we do not have should not be an option. Putting politicians in charge of budgets is simpler perverse.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are just enabling people to continue to make unwise financial decisions that they would never make if they were risking their own money.

Boy, does that define the TARP bailout or what.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Boy, does that define the TARP bailout or what.

Pretty much. But then the lack of personal responsibility explains much of the degradation of our once extremely powerful nation of people. We don't own any of our actions anymore. What we say. Our financial decisions. Our health. Our educational choices. Nothing. Of course people make poor choices when there is no down side to it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
If they are stupid enough to build in a swamp, let them but they should not bef allowed to buy federal flood insurance.

It is actually a function of the banking industry that has made flood insurance available.

Speaking of "stupid" do you even know were you state was ranked by both number of properties and total damages ?

The top states, ranked by both number of properties and total damages, were:

o Louisiana (7,223 properties, $1.22 billion in damages).

o Texas (4,889 properties, $0.96 billion in damages).

o New Jersey (3,246 properties, $0.66 billion in damages).

o New York (1,802 properties, $0.40 billion in damages).

o Florida (1,601 properties, $0.37 billion in damages).

o Missouri (1,526 properties, $0.19 billion in damages).

http://www.propertycasualty360...fip?ref=most-popular

Also, are you aware a study by Wharton showed that Florida policyholders paid far more in premiums than they collected in claims between 1978 and 2008 -- a 30-year stretch but the situation was reversed in Texas, where flood insurance policyholders paid $4.5 billion in premiums but collected a larger $6.7 billion in claims.

http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/...0JEP24.4.165_EMK.pdf

Clean up your own backyard before you barge into mines!

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
People can be stupid no matter what state they live in. I don't remember making this a state vs state thing.

Do you live in a swamp, Marie? Do you live in a trailer?

I would imagine after Irma the statistics take a twist.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Bush the Younger did the TARP thing.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
People can be stupid no matter what state they live in. I don't remember making this a state vs state thing.

Why call out Florida? Your state seems to be one of the problem states that does not pay [COLOR:RED]enough into the system.[/COLOR]

Do you live in a swamp, Marie? Do you live in a trailer?

You and your friends above are truly clueless! At least the majority of the people in Florida try to take "personal responsibility unlike your state.

I would imagine after Irma the statistics take a twist.

That's highly unlikely since only 17 percent of homeowners in the eight counties most directly affected by Harvey have flood insurance policies, according FEMA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/29/where-harvey-is-hitting-hardest-four-out-of-five-homeowners-lack-flood-insurance/?utm_term=.78bc00266864

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Marie, we in Texas have a lot of Mexicans, not many uppity Cubanos. I think they speak Spanish just the same.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The following documentary has got to be made by the same PhD's Larry so worships. I afraid one degree here or there is a moot point. No tax revenue scam is going to harness mother nature. It would take a gullible fool to believe such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbbDn7oISE

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The following documentary has got to be made by the same PhD's Larry so worships. I afraid one degree here or there is a moot point. No tax revenue scam is going to harness mother nature. It would take a gullible fool to believe such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbbDn7oISE

Quite entertaining, it was actually produced in 2006 by Tom Stubberfield and originally called “Colliding Continents”. Mr. Stubberfield has quite a number of TV “Documentary” or “Docudrama” type of entertainments to his credit, 18 according to IMDb. He most assuredly is not a PhD. All those Actors with PhD’s after their names are window dressing. Nothing about this TV entertainment rises to the level of peer reviewed science. Not that the basics are not reasonable in general, but it doesn’t provide a basis upon which to refute the standing peer reviewed science of climate change or global warming whichever colloquial moniker you chose to apply or anything else for that matter.

Tom Stubberfield

As to harnessing “Mother Nature” man has done so for 10’s of thousands if not 100’s of thousands of year to one extent or another. We have dam’s that produce multi-megawatts of power, we have wind farms doing the same thing, how about geothermal power, plenty of that around the world, there is tidal energy generation as well, there is direct thermoelectric power generation as well. We split the atom in commercial applications for energy and generation of other useful products and processes there by. So yes indeed we do control and harness nature all the time, every day in a multitude of ways. As far as plate tectonics go, can we humans, affect them? Well yes we can, we have quite a number of instances of manmade earthquakes in areas that we have injected massive amounts of fluids into the ground in areas not normally prone to them. Similarly massive withdrawal of fluids from subsurface layers have caused earthquakes as well.

I do not “worship” anything or anyone, and most particularly not the unidentified and factually bereft figments of the religious imaginations. Only ignorant religious buffoons (like yourself?) believe things based on faith alone. Faith being the belief in or adherence to something or ideas for which there is no basis in fact. A fact being a repeatable, verifiable, evidence based finding, that can be used to further accurately predict the outcome of other actions or activities based there on.

I suppose I should also point out that the YouTube channel you linked to “Discovery channel” note the un-capitalized word “channel” in the channel name, is nothing but a rip-off of “Discovery” www.discovery.com or “Discovery Channel” formally “The Discovery Channel” all properties of Discovery Communications, as well as Tom Stubberfield the original content producer. This channel has only 55k subscribers and is noteworthy in that it is so low for a world renowned popular science property. Click on the “about” tab, guess what, not a thing there. Most real world content providers would provide reams of information leading to their other outlets and corporate entities. Does this fall under the “fake news” category? I will let you decide.

Maybe it’s time to run along to bible study class and try to find another cherry picked pearl of faith based wisdom/shyt to try and refute the blindingly obvious.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
CV, you knew Little Man was going to post that it cant be true.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Mike. Honestly I don't know what he said because I didn't read his post. My post wasn't directed at him, necessarily, and I don't have any interest in some brain dead diatribe.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I often wonder what exactly greenies want. Obviously they want to impose whatever it is on everyone else regardless of their thought on the subject. I planted 1200 trees on my property 10 years ago or more. Should everyone be required to do what I did? What is the exact answer that they want compliance with according to their hunch about weather?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I planted 1200 trees on my property 10 years ago or more.

Bucky, you going to had a stand to harvest as supplemental retirement. Knew guys in LA that harvested pines once per generation to do just that.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The ticket for planned harvesting here was walnut...but I'm not sure if that is still the case. I helped a farmer that I worked for as a kid plant a huge stand of walnuts one summer with a friend. Those are getting big now.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post