DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I saw this in our county paper today. I pasted it here as I detest posting links. I found it interesting. Read and form your own opinion.

Monday, April 9, 2007
11:24 AM on Monday, April 9, 2007
The Left displays its 'tolerance'

Commentary

By Deroy Murdock
Scripps Howard News Service

NEW YORK - The Tennessee Center for Policy Research recently generated headlines when it announced that former Vice President Al Gore's Nashville estate "devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours" of electricity in 2006, "more than 20 times the national average."
This free-market think tank's phones lit up when it analyzed Nashville Electric Service's public records and identified an inconvenient gap between Gore's conservationism and his energy consumption. The research center's one-page press release was greeted with enough megawatts of hatred to power the South.

"I was accused several times of being a 'stupid, redneck b----,"' recalls Nicole Williams, who fielded numerous calls. "I repeatedly was called a 'wh---' and asked TWhose wh--- are you?' for three days straight, almost as if those were talking points ... I was shocked by these sexist insults - basically attacking my gender."

The calls continued beyond Williams' Nashville office.

"I had to change my home number and get an unlisted number," Williams says.

"I got about 10 death threats by phone. I got the 'I'm gonna get you'-type threats more than 100 times ... I worried I would get shot walking to my car."

Williams discovered her obsolete address posted online. "If they could find my old home address, it would not be so hard to find a current one."

Gore's defenders also spewed venomous e-mails. They sent the research center nearly 3,000 Gore-related messages that exhibited the very bigotry the Left routinely denounces. Warning: These offensive, often-vulgar, and occasionally unschooled comments reveal the vitriol behind much of today's "progressive" rhetoric.

Many e-mails displayed Dixiephobia - an intense disdain for the South and Southerners.
"Why don't you all go back to shooting one another across the hollows instead of trying to make people think anyone in Tennessee has an ounce of intelligence?" Roger Miller insisted. "Get your snaggle-tooth grins capped and learn to read and write."

"W.T.F. difference would it make if he was (sic) using 1,000 times more energy than the average household if it came from clean energy?" Thomas Grinnell wondered. "Don't think about that too much. It will give your southern mullet a headache."

Christopher LaBarge declared: "I hope you all die slowly and have your hearts and brains trampled to pieces you small-minded, ignorant, backwoods ideologues."

"We should have flattened the South when we had the chance!" wrote Mount Laurel, N.J.'s Robert Dodelin. "If ever you confederates (sic) want to leave the Union please do. We Nothen (sic) states would love to stop having to subsidize you with our tax dollars."

This anti-Southernism mystifies TCPR President Drew Johnson.

"Some people must believe the Mason-Dixon Line runs between our office and Gore's mansion," Johnson says. "No one would call Gore a redneck, but when we uncovered his hypocritical energy use, it somehow made me a sister-dating hillbilly. That's quite amusing, since Gore and I live in Nashville, less than five miles apart."

Some e-mails reflected anti-religious bias. Anthony Black wrote: "You bunch of stupid hick red-necks. I am sure you are quite religious, yet you have no problem destroying His creation with pollution; and, rather than addressing that, you cast dispersions (sic) on Al Gore's home energy use.

"How about you have a do (sic) humanity a favor and have a stroke," Russ Smith recommended. "You silly metrosexual twit, need some more hi-lites in your hair?"

Two e-mails feature chillingly violent imagery.
"You people are such slime," TJ Williams noted. "You are a total waste of skin and air. Help the environment and jump off a cliff."

Bob Beaver urged: "Find a h ole and stick a knife in it."

Such anti-intellectual intimidation reflects the high-octane hate that fuels so much Leftist discourse. Rather than simply argue that Johnson, Williams, and their colleagues are ecologically misguided or misinformed, these bullies call them barefoot, same-sex-loving, Winchester-wielding wh---s and evangel-yokels. Remember this whenever liberals crow about diversity, tolerance, and open-mindedness.

New York commentator Deroy Murdock is a columnist with Scripps Howard News Service and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University. E-mail him at deroy.murdock@gmail.com.

Can't you just feel the flower-power love?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
You people, I can say that, in the hurricane area states are going to be put in a quandary if the msm ever gets around to reporting the alleged facts!
The choice will be hoping not to get washed away by flooding caused by global warming or blown away by a hurricane!
The wackados promoting man-made global warming are now touting a theory that global warming is causing high level winds to increase and these winds shear the top off of hurricanes, neutering them. This is supposedly why there were no storms in '06!
Did anybody notice FEMA had millions of dollars in food stuffs spoil that was amassed because of the severe hurricane predictions for last year! Your tax dollars at work!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
The wackados promoting man-made global warming are now touting a theory that global warming is causing high level winds to increase and these winds shear the top off of hurricanes, neutering them. This is supposedly why there were no storms in '06!

Bill, this is a very good point. However, wind shear will not kill a hurricane. It will make it more disorganized and weaken it. But when a storm becomes a hurricane, wind shear will not kill it while it is over warm water. Wind shear will kill a hurricane after it hits cooler water. The scary part is that the weaker the hurricane, the more rain it produces.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
And yes, Jeb Bush did spend hundreds of millions of dollars on storm supplies. Was it really a waste or just overpreparation? You be the judge. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but people who live in SoFl are way beyond being overprepared. Just try getting gas when a storm has formed. People will fill up their cars, with lines a mile long, yet they'll have to go back for more gas 2 or 3 times after that because they use it all up before the storm is even a threat.

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anybody notice FEMA had millions of dollars in food stuffs spoil that was amassed because of the severe hurricane predictions for last year! Your tax dollars at work!

Later,Bill Koski

And how many empty trailers are still sitting unused that the taxpayers have footed the bill.

Who is ahead of F.E.M.A. and who put him in his position?

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it just last year that the "consensus" of "scientist" were predicting a huge increase is hurricanes due to global warming increasing the ocean surface temperature?

Well, now a report comes out yesterday, from the "consensus" of "scientist" claiming that global warming is going to cause fewer hurricanes.

Which is it guys?

Just more proof that the doom-and-gloom baffoons don't have a clue what Mother Nature has in store for us!!

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Where is this report? I didn't hear anything about it, but I didn't have much time yesterday to go through the news. Honestly, I don't believe that the number of hurricanes will decrease because of global warming. Last year was just a slow year. The years prior to that were pretty busy and I don't expect a slow year this year. As much as meteorologists like to think they can predict them, it is impossible to tell how many there will be in a year and where they will go once they do form.

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Sort of like predicting what future temperature variations will be????????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Global warming must be at it's zenith, the seal hunters boats are iced in and they are having to be rescued from the Arctic!!!!!!
Are they all idiots or is this abnormal cold something out of the ordinary!
algore is running a 2 day boot camp to indoctrinate dupes then sending them out into the huskings to preach his lunatic agenda!
These people must be rocket scientists????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Film on Global Warming Is Challenged

Zell/Granny 2008

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Actually, if you read it again, a film challenging global warming is challenged, admits its errors, but says omission of them would fatally weaken the argument.

Posts: 700 | Location: Jonesboro, GA | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
A couple of minor changes will be made before the DVD is released!
Unlike algore's work of fiction, why isn't anyone demanding the errors be corrected in it??
There would be nothing left if all the misinformation was removed!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12279 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
carbon ‘smokescreen’

Zell/Granny 2008

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jerry Bainbridge>
posted
Anybody know what the weather will be next week for the street car race at Summerduck? Yet these clowns can tell us what the weather will be like 50 years from now? What's wrong with this picture?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of IP
posted Hide Post
All 8 of the Dems last night took private jets. Not one of them shared a flight. Not one of them took a comercial airline.
So much for "goin green" eh?

Posts: 1134 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Companies and individuals rushing to go green have been spending millions on “carbon credit” projects that yield few if any environmental benefits.

Be a cold day in "global warming hell" before I send any of my hard earned money to someone and trust them to do something good for the environment lol.

Posts: 1561 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
What a shock!!!!!!!!!!
The carbon offsets are exposed as a gigantic hoax!!!!!!!!
On second thought what else could it be with algore involved!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now algore is going to make a MOMENTOUS announcement in canuck land tomorrow with a bunch of ultra-left-wing kooks as a back drop!
I can hardly wait??????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski