DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric (1355 PRO), you are trying to argue a point, specifically regarding climate change, that most people around here are congenitally incapable of doing.

It’s the same shyt every year round about now, we get low temps even a record low or two and that means no global warming, somehow. A hundred years of contrary data are meaningless around here.

Case in point, “Record cold and snow in many parts of the country this New Yesr (SIC) Weekend but Trumps a Idiot?” by I.P. Dailey.

In the last 365 days, as of 01.01.2018 there have been 146 global all time high temps vs 20 all-time Lows.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/records.

According to the denizens here it’s “all a global hoax” propagated by damn near every scientist on the face of the earth. Much like our current commander in chief, facts are only optional with this bunch; reality is whatever they choose to spew at the moment it pops into their vacuous heads. Eric you will find almost no actual discussion based on facts here, mostly just ill-conceived opinions and name calling around here. But it is occasionally entertaining to stir the pot to see what monstrosities of poor reasoning might float to the surface, just for shyt’s and giggles. Have fun.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Short Stuff, why don't you mention the ice age hoax in the 70's?

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Lar is all about facts, charts and scientist when predicting the future but somehow past realities elude him. Let's not forget the '74 Time and '75 Newsweek ice age scares as well. Yes Larry they have tried to debunk it but it was an inaccurate scare tactic none the less. Of course elude is a nice way of saying ignore since it would shake the very foundation of his global warming religion. Classic liberal tactics, blame the opposition for what they are actually doing. It would shake my foundation to have to be so invested in an ideology that you had to ignore reality to remain a member in good standing in his church.

Here is a 3 year old article of 9 notable quotes. What a calamity!

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05...rming-tipping-point/

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
To see a trend coinciding with a large period of development time on earth is really not evidence of anything. We can and do make all sorts of conjecturing that support and challenge that we have a thing to do with our climate changing. So we are going to disagree.

But what is it really that the climate changers want the rest of the world to do? A simple FACT is that as long as parts of the world wand to make more and more people every year, we are going to have that many more people to keep warm and cool, shelter, feed and move around. All of those things consume energy of some form. There is no practical or cost effective way to meet these demands with wind or solar sources, and both of those have their own impact on our planet. Plus, there are some practicality issues with the affordability of these sources.

So what are the practical, affordable things that the greenies want the rest of us to do?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what are the practical, affordable things that the greenies want the rest of us to do?

There is the blue collar faction with sincere concern that want something done but don't know what. This is the faction the ones in powder use to further their scheme. Affordable has nothing to do with it. $20.6T in debt and Trump averted Trillions more via the Paris Climate fiasco. It is a matter of controlling dollars through taxation. Like any minority/special-interest group it can never be enough and more more more is the only answer.

However, I would like to see Larry, rather that just cheer leading, state what he would like to see done, the cost of same (balanced against our current debt crisis) and the expected results at a specified time. Of course he won't, it's a political debate to be "won" with the outcome undefined. Again, it's political and the end goal is the flow of dollars.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

http://science.time.com/2013/0...ct-a-coming-ice-age/

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Little Guy, I never said that Time Ragazine said anything about the ice age. Have your Mommy read my post to you.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The hoaxers are geniuses! When they pivoted from global warming to climate change it was genius. The door now swings both ways. Last week was the coldest week in Boston in 100 years. What's coming? A "bomb cyclone" winter storm that has seen 1/10" of snow in Tallahassee, FL, the first in 30 years. And the NE is expecting -20 degrees temperatures.

Now is that proof of global cooling? Of course not. But it's as valid as the Chicken Little predictions of warming propagated by the loony libs.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

http://science.time.com/2013/0...ct-a-coming-ice-age/

yesterday in Charleston SC

Razz

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Oh OK, so Charleston had a major Nor’easter come through and had some wind driven ice buildup near a body of water, who could have guessed. So what pray tell does this image have to do with climate change? Please do be specific.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
How about algore predicting in ‘08 that the polar ice cap would be gone in 5 years?
Or the prediction that Manhattan would be underwater now?
The HOAXEES ignore these minor miscues and cling to the HOAXERS testicles for dear life!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
who could have guessed

Kind of like climate change, just a guess.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I repeat and...... Please do be specific.

quote:
However, I would like to see Larry, rather that just cheer leading, state what he would like to see done, the cost of same (balanced against our current debt crisis) and the expected results at a specified time. Of course he won't, it's a political debate to be "won" with the outcome undefined. Again, it's political and the end goal is the flow of dollars.

Crickets???

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
How about algore predicting in ‘08 that the polar ice cap would be gone in 5 years?
Or the prediction that Manhattan would be underwater now?
The HOAXEES ignore these minor miscues and cling to the HOAXERS testicles for dear life!

Oh you’re talking to me again? I thought you’d given up on that. You do seem to have a hard time remembering what you have previously said and in that vein I will remind you yet again that I have given you my thoughts on this.

1. Al Gore is not a “scientist” of any stripe much less a climate scientist or most specifically one who studies northern polar ice.
2. Gore chose to quote, well actually misquote, a scientist whose group is well known within the scientific community to produce estimates well in advance of consensus estimates.
Dr.Maslowski the lead author whose paper Gore used to fashion his statements said “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.” referring to Gore’s
mis-statements.
3. Most consensus estimates from the people who actually study this particular area were and are that an “ice free summer” artic sea ice extent is likely to occur somewhere around
the middle of this century, let’s call it 2050.
4. Artic sea ice continues its decline irrespective of what Mr. Gore has said or idiots like you say to the contrary.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al Gore is not a “scientist” of any stripe much less a climate scientist

That's the first time you've ever posted the truth.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...an “ice free summer” ARTIC sea ice extent is likely to occur somewhere around
the middle of this century, let’s call it 2050.

Old Lar is freezing me out! Can't answer so don't answer. So, we start spending billions now on the chance a 33 year "arctic"(sp) weather prediction might come true. The good news is America will save billions over that period and we can watch the success of the Paris climate accord achieves. After all one country out of the whole world surely can't derail the rest of the huggers. It will be entertaining to watch financially broke countries and cities (Europe, LA & NY mayors, etc.) deficient spend their way into oblivion. A financial crisis will cripple them long before melting ice. Eliminating state and local tax deductions will stop some of this political waste.

Where is Gore's apology, recognition, of his misquote? Admitting mistakes is the anti-Christ of the libs, never happen. Well Hillary "took responsibility" for her server then lied every way possible.... no classified information.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I repeat and...... Please do be specific.

quote:

Crickets???

CV I have pointed out right here in this venue exactly what I have done to these ends before.
So I guess a refresher is in order.

This, it’s a reply to essentially the same question by Bucky in September of 2016.

Quote Bucky:
“Even if we were to say that there is long term change and humans are fully responsible for it.......what would you have us do about it? What is your plan to make a change? What are YOU doing to make a difference? Maybe the world will follow your lead.”

Well Bucky we drive very fuel efficient cars for the most part, my little fleet averages about 45 mpg, it would be up in the low 50’s if I could manage to stay out of my trucks more. My homes are very well insulated and use very high efficiency AC units with seer ratings up in the middle 20’s; a rough estimate says my homes and cars produce 1/2 to 1/3 the amount of CO2 as a US average household. The electric bill on my most recently acquired home went from an average of about $360/mo. to about $80/mo. after all the mods controls and upgrades. The average CO2 production do to electric for my zip is about 38.5 metric tons that house produces through electric use about 11 metric tons of CO2, US average is about 46.5 metric tons. So we hammer on the two biggies, fuel (1) and electric (2) pretty damn hard, and it shows.

Drive fuel efficient vehicles as a choice as opposed to this occurring do to attrition.

Insulate your home. Used high efficiency cooling and heating. Supplement with solar and wind sourced power. Used specific types of solar power as appropriate for area.

Eat less red meat and or processed food; meat is terribly costly in production do to the CO2 release associated, not to mention eating too much is not terribly good for you.

Source food locally as much as possible. Decreased CO2 do to transportation and associated processing and packaging. Not to mention locally sourced tends to be of higher quality and more verity is available, supports local economy. Damn near everywhere has a farmers market these days. He11, grow a garden, I do couple kinds of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic, that is as locally sourced as it gets. I do raised bed with dripper watering from rain water sourced storage. I source most of my seed from locally procured products at the farmers market. It really doesn’t take all that much time to do it either.

Simply eat less and waste less food in general. I’ve seen estimates that the US wastes about $165 Billion a year in food, equate that to CO2 and it’s about 3 ½ Billion metric tons of CO2 rejected to the atmosphere, for NOTHING. I suppose that you have heard there is an epidemic of obesity in the US, due in part to over consumption as well as excess consumption of processed foods, they having an elevated cost in CO2 rejection to the atmosphere by their production.

So there are some ways to personally help yourself and the environment.

On a more global scale, I’d like to see more movement toward a hydrogen economy and a disturbed energy production. Instead of centrally produced energy and a one way distribution grid that is quite susceptible to failure or intentional damage. A bidirectional smart grid that distributes energy from areas of high energy storage/production to areas of low production high demand. Most buildings/homes would use any means appropriate (solar, wind, thermal, etc.) to the area to produce and store energy, as hydrogen and oxygen from water hydrolysis or straight high efficiency battery.

Work to produce energy by Fusion should go on a pace, if mastered this would provide nearly limitless energy. This is an extraordinarily difficult nut to crack, always seemingly just 20 years away.

While I am aware of the problems related to fracking and the production of Natural Gas, it has allowed many current electric production facilities to produce energy at a much lower CO2 production rate. So as a supporting role in transition to non-petroleum based economy it should be supported and advanced.

Ditto nuclear.

Vote for politicians at all levels of government who advocate a comprehensive energy policy moving toward non-petroleum based economy. Not ones who's primary agenda are supporting their small minded and regressive religious fantasies.

I could go on but I am pretty sure I am way past the point of damn near anyone frequenting this thread to be willing to continue reading, so for now I will leave it at this.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Most of us do at least some of those things. I planted 1300 trees on my property. But i'm not so arrogant that I think everyone else should be required to do what I do.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Larry, you make some good points. While personal responsibility is fine, as a basis for change it will never work. The global scale items are admirable and I support those initiatives, as long as they are undertaken by private enterprise and those that do reap the rewards. But reality to date has bureaucrats passing reams of regulations on such things as the toilets and light bulbs we can buy. I support all forms of energy as long as they are self supporting w/o govt. subsidy. While extreme libs demean those that aren't totally on board with outlandish unproven measures, as Bucky points out most of us do at least some of the things you mentioned. I will put my utility consumption, per individual, against anybodies and win 97% of the time. I support all things that benefit the environment and the world as a whole, BUT are not mandated, especially by regulation and not by law.