DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
f a r t s

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Lets all check the "VARASITY" of the heathens bull shyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well how predictably childish of you Bill to take me to task on my spelling. We seem to have had this discussion before, have we not? My spelling skills are notoriously poor, at best, which I have previously admitted, but that says noting about the content of what I have to say on any given subject, does it. Let's see this would be an Ad hominem attack, right Bill? You can't attack the message, so you fallaciously attack the author.

On the other hand some might say that your particular verity of childishness about my spelling is more revealing with regard to your character, than my lack spelling skills.

Now would you like to discuss something to do with climate change, or is that too taxing for you?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Care to point us in a direction that might support the varasity of the statements you have made

Ohare Airport in Chicago use to be Orchard Field. Nothing but trees and the like around when they started to monitor the temps. Now look at it, nothing but concrete, asphalt, and buildings. Think that could affect the temps? The feds do. Their own regulations say so but yet the continue to monitor temps there.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The whack jobs running Nevada are going to make Nevada power purchase 20% of their power from greenie boobdoggles in the near future. Everybody freely admits power prices are going to JUMP!
I can already picture the boobs that instituted this wailing like banshees when it gets cloudy for a few days here and there are blackouts and brownouts!
There are scam artists already preying on the duped boob IMBECILES to prepare for the increaed costs!
Another instance of the FLEEBAGGERS putting it to the poor and downtrodden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
make Nevada power purchase 20% of their power from greenie

If a product or service is so desirable, why would it have to be mandated? Roll Eyes

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dan Lee Watson
posted Hide Post
bill ol buddie RELAX!
man take a deep breath it's old news buddie nothing to get worked up about.

and mike you my have a valid point. why would it have to be mandated?

but i do believe renewable resources are good for everybody.here in ohio we have to be using 12.5% by 2025 and an additional 12.5% from alternative sources by then.

i think N.C. has to be up to 12.5% also by 2025

almost every state is doing it.

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
quote:
Care to point us in a direction that might support the varasity of the statements you have made

Ohare Airport in Chicago use to be Orchard Field. Nothing but trees and the like around when they started to monitor the temps. Now look at it, nothing but concrete, asphalt, and buildings. Think that could affect the temps? The feds do. Their own regulations say so but yet the continue to monitor temps there.

Do you know why O'hare is named O'hare?

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Named after Edward O'hare. And I only know that because my parents are from Chicago and remember going to the airport and reading about him. Pretty big time navy guy.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
man i love me some navy medal of honor winners!

isnt there a wildcat on display there now?

wasnt that place called orchard park or something like that before?

Posts: 321 | Location: Fairfax,Va | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
wasnt that place called orchard park

Yes, because thats what it was.........

L8R, Mike

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
The whack jobs running Nevada are going to make Nevada power purchase 20% of their power from greenie boobdoggles in the near future. Everybody freely admits power prices are going to JUMP!
I can already picture the boobs that instituted this wailing like banshees when it gets cloudy for a few days here and there are blackouts and brownouts!
There are scam artists already preying on the duped boob IMBECILES to prepare for the increaed costs!
Another instance of the FLEEBAGGERS putting it to the poor and downtrodden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill ol buddie you know when the poor and downtrodden have the boot of the man on their neck i jump into action!

did a little checking around good news!
this whole deal your all upset about was put in place by republicans! i know i cant believe it either!

remember that darn kenny guinn? well he signed SB 372 on june 8th 2001 which at the time was the countrys most aggressive renewable portfolio standard.

but hey relax way back in '05 your legislature passed assemble bill 03 which extended the deadline to 2015 but they did bump guinn's bill by 5 percent.

heck part of it requires 5 percent solar
you got plenty of sun there dont ya?

hope you feel better,always glad to help a fellow drr poster.

can we be friends now?

you know ohio is big buck country, my invatation to go hunting still stands.

still mad at me?

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
You duped boob RETARDS don't have the intellect to piss me off!
I pity your idiocy and don't want to get any where near any one of you in case it might rub off!
guinn called himself a REPUBLICAN like the mayor Of NYC calls himself a REPUBLICAN!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11004 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why yes many airports have weather stations on their grounds, my understanding is that they are part of the ASOS system (Automated Surface Observation System) the primary function being efficient and safe operation of the air port they are located on, not specifically to gather data on climate change, although I would guess the data could and is used, after suitable correction for UHI affects. I assume that is what you are trying to get at? Once again point me to a place where I might read the regulations themselves, which the feds are supposed to be breaking.

None the less, in 2005 a study was done to determine the affects UHI might have on the data regarding recent warming trends, I quote from the abstract,

"The implications of this work on U.S. climate change analyses is that, if the highest population stations are avoided (populations above 30 000 within 6 km), the analysis should not be expected to be contaminated by UHIs."
Emphasis on the not is mine.

For the full report go here http://journals.ametsoc.org/do...f/10.1175/JCLI3431.1

Here is a link that will get you the user's guide for the ASOS system in PDF format.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/asos/aum-toc.pdf

Next there are other systems in place specifically to gather data with regard to climate change research; it is called USCRN the U.S. Climate Reference Network.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/crn/

Do peruse the links on the left hand side of this page, in particular the photos link. Do you see anything that might qualify as a UHI in any of these photos? Further under the "Documents" link you might look at Research Reports and click on the PDF link entitled "Quality Control of Data From the US Climate Reference Network"
It seems to me as if they have some fairly robust processes and procedures in place to gather very high quality data.

(Photos)
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/crn/photos.html
(Quality Control) http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/.../research/Goodge.pdf

Now do you think after having looked at the USCRN site, and the lengths they are going through to obtain high quality data, that anybody there would be so foolish as to use data from sites that were suspect in quality?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
wow larry!
impressive work!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why is it that when they use satellites there is very little temp increse??? Maybe a true reading?

L8R, Mike

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Edward "Butch" O'Hare was a Naval aviator. He was killed leading the first ever night fighting flight of Hellcats from the carrier Lexington. O'Hare had already won the Medal Of Honor for protecting the carrier Lexington from attack, virtually single handily shooting down a number of Jap aircraft.

His father was a lawyer for Al Capone who was instrumental in turning over on Capone which led to Al's arrest for tax evasion and confinement. Elder O'Hare was later shot to death, allegedly by a Capone associate.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
i do believe renewable resources are good for everybody.

If and when they are financially viable. Mandating technology that isn't up to speed yet is wasting money. It's killed Spain's economy.

If it can be done efficiently/cost effectively, the evil capitalists will figure out how to do it. And then when everyone has solar panels and windmills and go "off the grid", then the politicians will figure out another way to tax them. (already seen some attempts along that line, like the proposal to tax cars based on mileage, since "green" cars don't use enough taxable fuel/energy. Thankfully that's been staved off for now.)

But yah, absolutely, WHEN it makes sense, I'm all for it. But if it's not, then no.

RE: Global Warming... I don't think it's a question of is there technically an effect of man on temperatures, but rather "is it relevant"? put 100 people in a tiny room. Temp goes up. Put 100 people in a stadium. Did the temp rise as much as it did in the tiny room? I think we're dealing with a drop in the bucket. Want to slow it down? Get rid of all pavement, metal structures, engines, and human beings. Roll Eyes Personally, I don't think man can move the needle any further than the natural cycle of things.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
i do believe renewable resources are good for everybody.

If and when they are financially viable. Mandating technology that isn't up to speed yet is wasting money. It's killed Spain's economy.

If it can be done efficiently/cost effectively, the evil capitalists will figure out how to do it. And then when everyone has solar panels and windmills and go "off the grid", then the politicians will figure out another way to tax them. (already seen some attempts along that line, like the proposal to tax cars based on mileage, since "green" cars don't use enough taxable fuel/energy. Thankfully that's been staved off for now.)

But yah, absolutely, WHEN it makes sense, I'm all for it. But if it's not, then no.

RE: Global Warming... I don't think it's a question of is there technically an effect of man on temperatures, but rather "is it relevant"? put 100 people in a tiny room. Temp goes up. Put 100 people in a stadium. Did the temp rise as much as it did in the tiny room? I think we're dealing with a drop in the bucket. Want to slow it down? Get rid of all pavement, metal structures, engines, and human beings. Roll Eyes Personally, I don't think man can move the needle any further than the natural cycle of things.

Very well said Mr. Beard.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it that when they use satellites there is very little temp increse??? Maybe a true reading?

A picture is worth a thousnad words, or so the saying goes.

Maybe you should acquaint yourself with satellite temperature reconstructions, link below. As the graph above clearly shows, the satellite data and the ground data match quite nicely. Could it be the use of the term "Reference" in USCRN means they use this very high quality data to insure that the satellite data is correctly and accurately referent to a standard of known extreme accuracy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...erature_measurements

Once again a link to a satellite temperature data set that is in disagreement with ground data, please.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Over 40 years and not even a degree???????

L8R, Mike