Bracket Talk
Todays News

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/74360152/m/108107251

September 28, 2009, 11:38 AM
Bill Koski
Todays News
Now the undisputed leader of the left-wing main stream moron media, the bankrupt nyt, has hired an editor to keep track of right leaning blogs and talk shows to insure they don't miss out on a story the way they alledgedly were unaware for a solid week of acorn willing to subsidize 13 year old prostitutes!
Now when you lefties get your news you'll have to wonder if it really came from RUSH or some right-wing blog????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski
September 29, 2009, 02:16 PM
David Covey
September 29, 2009

Dear Fellow Patriot,

He refused to throw his men under the bus to save his career. So the government intends to grind him up using their overwhelming resources.

He served three tours of duty in Iraq, including the Second Battle of Fallujah. He also served in Panama and in the First Persian Gulf War. He honorably served his country as a Marine officer for over 20 years.

His superiors considered him a superb leader, who demonstrated moral courage, with unlimited potential and value to the Marine Corps.

LtCol Jeffrey Chessani will face a Military Board of Inquiry (BOI) before year's end to determine whether he should be demoted in rank as a result of the so-called "Haditha Massacre" — a massacre everyone now knows never happened. This will be the government's last chance to punish him.

The bogus charges against LtCol Chessani were triggered by a fierce house-to-house, room-by-room combat action taken by four Marines after their convoy was ambushed by insurgents in Haditha, Iraq on November 19, 2005. The rest later.

LtCol Chessani was first criminally charged with failing to accurately report and investigate that incident. Essentially, the government said he did not file the proper paperwork. Pretty lame!

With your help, and the help of thousands of patriotic Americans, we were able to defeat the prosecution at every stage of the criminal process.

But in a BOI, the government can ignore the rules of evidence. The Board can consider files without the benefit of a cross examination; they will consider the tainted record of the Article 32 Hearing; LtCol Chessani cannot subpoena witnesses; and the government need only prove misconduct by a preponderance of the evidence (50.1%) rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

Should they succeed this time, it will not only be a tragedy for LtCol Chessani and his family, but for all our troops placed in harm's way.

Now, for the rest of the story . . . .

At great risk to themselves, the four Marines stormed the two houses used by the insurgents to fire on the convoy, and in the ensuing gun battles killed at least 9 insurgents and 15 civilians.

These Marines were members of LtCol Chessani's battalion - the 3rd Battalion, ("The Thundering Third") 1st Marines - one of the most decorated units in the Marine Corps.

In urban combat where terrorists purposefully use civilians as human shields, civilian casualties are a tragic and unfortunate, but not uncommon occurrence. LtCol Chessani immediately reported the deaths of the 15 civilian Iraqis to his superiors.

The Pentagon had his battlefront report within 24 hours.

Not one of Jeffrey Chessani's superiors — including top generals — learning of the 15 civilian deaths considered it unusual. Not one of them suggested an investigation. In fact, his superiors commended him for a job well done.

But an inflammatory Time Magazine news lead, instigated by an insurgent propaganda operative, accused the four Marines of massacring innocent civilians.

The leading anti-war politician, Pennsylvania Congressman John Murtha appeared on major television networks and stated there had been no firefight. He publicly accused the young enlisted Marines of "cold blooded" murder and Marine officers of a "cover-up."

Political and media pressure caused the military to buckle. At least 65 fulltime investigators, the largest investigation in the history of the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Services) were assigned to conduct a year-long, multi-million dollar investigation focused on LtCol Jeffrey Chessani and his four enlisted men.

Every patriotic American should be concerned with the outcome of this case because it could drastically curtail the future ability of American soldiers to defend our Nation.

For twenty years Marine Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Chessani has been defending our nation... often away from his wife and children... so that we could be safely with ours.

LtCol Chessani could be forced to retire and be demoted in rank, which could potentially cost his family hundreds of thousands of dollars in retirement benefits. For a man and family that dedicated their lives to the defense of our great nation — you and I cannot allow this to happen. It's mind-boggling that our government is sparing no expense to exact a pound of flesh from one of the most effective combat officers in Iraq on trumped-up charges.

LtCol Paul Ware, USMC, a judicial officer who heard testimony in several cases involving the November 19th Haditha incident, had this to say about the incident:

"To believe the government version of facts is to disregard clear and convincing evidence to the contrary and sets a dangerous precedent that, in my opinion, may encourage others to bear false witness against Marines as a tactic to erode public support of the Marine Corps and mission in Iraq. Even more dangerous is the potential that a Marine may hesitate at the critical moment when facing the enemy..."

Note the absurdity of it all... LtCol Chessani is charged with failing to accurately report and investigate a crime that the military now knows never happened.

With their false accusation, insurgents eliminated one of America's most effective combat officers. They know...

"A nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten."

Our representation of LtCol Chessani is without charge. But we need your financial support to carry on this fight.

Without our help, LtCol Chessani's legal bills would already be astronomical — out of reach for a husband and father of six young children (the seventh on the way) surviving on military pay.

In preparing for the Board of Inquiry, TMLC lawyers will again examine thousands of pages of investigative reports and personally interview countless witnesses.

The Board of Inquiry will take place at Camp Pendleton, California. It could last several weeks. The Thomas More Law Center will bear the enormous costs associated with establishing a second office, paying hotels, and all the other expenses associated with two lawyers handling a case 2,000 miles away.

LtCol Chessani was in Iraq because his country sent him there. He willingly answered the call to serve his country in our defense. That's why he deserves the support of every patriotic American. Now is the time to show him our gratitude.

As tragic as these civilian deaths in Haditha were, it's essential that we not shackle our combat commanders' ability to make decisions by placing them in fear of criminal prosecution every time there are civilian casualties as a result of combat action.

LtCol Chessani has devoted his life to the defense of OUR country... NOW he needs OUR help.

May God bless you, and may God continue to bless America.

Richard Thompson, Esq.
President and Chief Counsel
Thomas More Law Center

This was sent to me in an email..They are soliciting funds to help with his defense..

I am only posting to show just how the "PC" ROE affects our troops we send into harms way. Basicly they are being prosecuted for doing what they felt needed to be done to fight the war they were sent to fight.. If every time a soldier was tasked to perform a mission and they have to worry that some asshat will try to score political points from everything they do, just how long before it becomes difficult to field a military or fight a battle??

I could give a rats ass what any of you think of Iraq, Afganistan or any combat situation.. This is BS..And if you can say you support theses actions then I can only hope someday you are put in a situation to have your actions judged the same way...And by the way I hope the PC crowd burns your ass"BAD"

This just PIZZEZ me off Mad

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
September 29, 2009, 09:03 PM
BD
Calley paid the price for many in-discretions that happened during the Viet Nam conflict.

All wars have a scapegoat. It's so the Generals can sleep better at night.

September 29, 2009, 09:21 PM
nomad
quote:
the 3rd Battalion, ("The Thundering Third") 1st Marines

My father's unit.

Part of where they been, Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, Okinawa, and Chosin.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781
September 29, 2009, 09:23 PM
BD

September 29, 2009, 09:28 PM
BD
The stars represent the "Southern Cross" constellation visible only in the southern hemisphere and could be seen from Guadalcanal.

September 30, 2009, 11:03 AM
nomad
Here's a little thng for you BD.

After Iwo Jima Marine officers took to carrying a flag in thier helmet to raise, just in case. When Shuri Castle fell on Okinawa a Marine from the Fifth Marines ran up the flag he had. It was the Stars n Bars and remained there for two days. The CO of 3/1 replaced it with the Star and Stripes that had flown over Guadalcanal and Cape Gloucester when they were secured.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781
October 05, 2009, 12:23 PM
Bob H
Interesting on how ppl on this board have nothing good to say about Canada.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20...verty_20091005115324

Thank you very much but I like living in the good ole' USA.
Big Grin
October 06, 2009, 11:47 PM
Bob H
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXWP2HuxGE

BIG oil or insurance companies, who are the BIGGEST crooks???????
October 07, 2009, 12:08 AM
BD
State Fair Of Texas in Dallas last weekend. Ford had the best display of cars and trucks, especially trucks.

Chevrolet and GM displays obviously subdued from previous years.

Toyota sucks. I talked to a guy who said he liked Toyota. I said the next time he drives one, think about Dec. 7th 1941, Pearl Harbor. He said "Where's Pearl Harbor and what's it got to do with a truck?" Then he asked "What happened on Dec. 7th?"

October 07, 2009, 12:19 AM
Bob H
The newly designed Taurus is a BIG hit in Cally.

http://www.freep.com/article/2.../91006049/1002/rss02
October 07, 2009, 12:30 AM
BD
The best looking car at the Fair was again the Dodge Challenger with the BIG Hemi.

Next, the Ford Mustang.

A lot of google eyes at the new Camaro, but it is just a Corvette with a different body, IMO. I don't like them up close.

October 07, 2009, 08:12 AM
David Covey
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
The best looking car at the Fair was again the Dodge Challenger with the BIG Hemi.

Next, the Ford Mustang.

A lot of google eyes at the new Camaro, but it is just a Corvette with a different body, IMO. I don't like them up close.

Ditto, I think the Challenger is awesome. I like the Mustang as well. They seem to be more like the muscle cars of yesteryear..
The Camero looks like a cartoon character (Lightning McQueen) from the Disney movie. http://disney.go.com/cars/

No style and it looks cobbled up. My opinion..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
October 07, 2009, 10:50 AM
Bob H
I definitely like the SRT design but could use a few more ponies under the hood.
I almost bought 1 last spring.

Anyone have the specs on a 1/4 mile pass as compared to a mustang with simular options?
October 07, 2009, 10:52 AM
Bob H
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
quote:
Originally posted by BD:

Next, the Ford Mustang.

Ditto, I think the Challenger is awesome. I like the Mustang as well. They seem to be more like the muscle cars of yesteryear..
The Camero looks like a cartoon character (Lightning McQueen) from the Disney movie. http://disney.go.com/cars/

No style and it looks cobbled up. My opinion..

Dave

I do like the ass end on them but not the front.
They do look cobbled.
Cool
October 07, 2009, 10:57 AM
Trans Lady
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXWP2HuxGE

BIG oil or insurance companies, who are the BIGGEST crooks???????

How many choices for healthcare in Maine.....1.

The state government created this problem.

And the Democrats do not want to force Maine to allow competition.
October 07, 2009, 11:43 AM
Bob H
Challenger 6.1 Hemi

Power-wise, the SRT8 is all of that and a bag of chips. The numbers tell the story: 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, 0-100 in 11.5 seconds, one-quarter mile in 13.3 seconds, top speed 170 mph. Impressive performance, delivered with a sonorous soundtrack through the twin pipes. Stopping power is first rate. Beefy Brembo binders haul the 4,140 lb. SRT8 down from 60 mph to zero in 110 feet. The suspension keeps the car fully controlled at speed, and it’s light on its feet for its size. Dodge’s engineers dialed in a little, old school body roll as the car sets up to corner, but unlike old school models, corner it does. The big Challenger sticks a respectable .88g on the skid pad. Though likely not a major concern of prospective SRT8 buyers, fuel economy is estimated to be 14/22 (stick), 13/19 (auto).
October 07, 2009, 02:34 PM
Kevin Garceau
Having been looking for a new car for a while, and generally a mopar guy I wanted to consider the Challenger.

Its big, heavy and over priced. Forget what the sticker price is, Dodge dealers will stick you for another 5-10K for "market adjustment" even though they have them sitting all over the place.

On some of the mopar sites this is a big issue, that and they are coming in way slower than they were supposed to, and not performing where they should. This is sporadic, and I think there is a fix for it.

They are about .5 seconds a head of the Mustang, and a bunch more.

This coming from a mopar guy.

For the money I would get the Camaro SS.

At times I like the Chally, other times it just looks like a big ol boat to me. Color has alot to do with it.
October 07, 2009, 03:09 PM
Michael Beard
Got an '08 Charger 3.5L... absolutely love it. Tons of room, built like a tank, comfortable. The SRT8 version would be *phenomenal*.

Changing the oil is a PITA. (has a plastic belly pan on it w/ metric screws, no good place to jack it up, , metric filter, etc.) Don't have a single bad word otherwise.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

October 07, 2009, 06:43 PM
sr4440
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
Challenger 6.1 Hemi

Power-wise, the SRT8 is all of that and a bag of chips. The numbers tell the story: 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, 0-100 in 11.5 seconds, one-quarter mile in 13.3 seconds, top speed 170 mph. Impressive performance, delivered with a sonorous soundtrack through the twin pipes. Stopping power is first rate. Beefy Brembo binders haul the 4,140 lb. SRT8 down from 60 mph to zero in 110 feet. The suspension keeps the car fully controlled at speed, and it’s light on its feet for its size. Dodge’s engineers dialed in a little, old school body roll as the car sets up to corner, but unlike old school models, corner it does. The big Challenger sticks a respectable .88g on the skid pad. Though likely not a major concern of prospective SRT8 buyers, fuel economy is estimated to be 14/22 (stick), 13/19 (auto).

bob,

you forgot the link

http://www.automedia.com/2009_...nger/rts20080801dc/2

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.