DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How the heck did you compete with those transbrake and 2 step car with your street legal car? Good job! And it shows that it is what you don't have but learning to use what you do have to win races.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
How the heck did you compete with those transbrake and 2 step car with your street legal car? Good job! And it shows that it is what you don't have but learning to use what you do have to win races.

lol, thanks but I did cheat. I have a 2 step and line lock on a switch. I call it my poor mans trans brake.

The other half of the final was Jeff Fryfogle in his Malibu street car. A true footbraker. 2 13 second cars in the No-Box final, who would have guessed that?

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Congrats, way to go '06.

I will add this. Last week QCMP had more than 64 in no-box and I really think we were a few cars short of the 45 (42 maybe?) required in the box class. However QCMP still seperated the classes and paid both sides the $600/$200. Thank You!

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Congrats, way to go '06.

I will add this. Last week QCMP had more than 64 in no-box and I really think we were a few cars short of the 45 (42 maybe?) required in the box class. However QCMP still seperated the classes and paid both sides the $600/$200. Thank You!

Thanks. It was a good weekend. Was runner-up in Dash for Cash at Mag, they paid two spots. Also made it to the semi-finals in Pro and lost to Corey Griffith who went on to win the class.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Is Quaker running the 1/4 on October 15th. I should be able to get out this Saturday. Need some 1/4 runs with new setup.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XX78 Altered:
Is Quaker running the 1/4 on October 15th. I should be able to get out this Saturday. Need some 1/4 runs with new setup.

1000 foot Bob...

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:
quote:

1000 foot Bob...

I thought 1000ft was only for the Halloween race?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:

quote:

Hey Mike, Andy had tooooooooooooo many twisted teas last Saturday night or was that Sunday morning. Confused

1000 foot Bob...

I thought 1000ft was only for the Halloween race?

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is scheduled to be 1/4 mile. The halloween race is the following weekend and is 1000'. Looking at the current forecast for Saturday (chance of rain, cool and windy), it is very possible it will be an 1/8 mile race.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Weather looks like a washout anyway Saturday. Norwalk is only running 1/8 Saturday. Mag will probably be a flood out Sunday. Only made 47 total runs on car this season (14 at the 1/4) on 11 total race days. Kind of frustrated !
Maybe next weekend at Quaker's 3 day will be better. Season os over after October 23 for me.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wooops.....sorry for the bad info!....went into the future for awhile ...must have been the Twisted Tea....and the Bud Light I'm stupid

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

Ronald Thomas, my former father-in-law, raced at Pittsburgh Raceway Park and Quaker City Raceway for many years throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s. He campaigned a 1971 Dodge Demon. The car is yellow with red and black stripes on the side, and had the name Omron on the side. His brother also ran the Mac tools Robo-Grip dragster. Ron stopped running the car in the early 2000’s due to his first round of illness.

In 2009, Ron lost his job of over 25 years due to “downsizing”. A few months later, he found he had cancer, and has been in the fight of his life ever since. However, this has been without any health insurance.

His daughters have organized an opportunity for Ron’s friends and family to help keep the treatments coming by supporting Ron at a spaghetti dinner fundraiser. As you can imagine, the medical bills and treatment are extensive!

The dinner is this Saturday, October 15, 2011 from 3:00 to 7:00 PM at the Pitcairn/Monroeville Sportsmen’s Club. 505 Mosside Blvd (Rt 48), North Versailles, PA 15137.

Donations of $10/adult and $5/child(10 and under) would be greatly appreciated.

Please RSVP by Friday, October 14 to Desirae (Thomas) Gentile at 412-229-8501 or Ursula (Thomas) Paton at 412-464-4395.

If you are unable to attend the spaghetti dinner, donation may be made to

“Ron’s Road to Recovery Fund”
2024 Denning Way
North Versailles, PA 15137

Thank you for your generosity and may God Bless You!

Rich Paton III
724-344-8169

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
J.P. Schuster your new BOX WORLD CHAMPION.. awesome job man one bad ass year

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Big Congrats J.P.!!! Way to go Team Schuster!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats JP! Awesome job all year! not worthy

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Way to go JP!!! Now I know why I let him beat me earlier in the year. Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Wow! what an amazing year you've had! If I were you I'd be taking some trips down south this year to try and cash in some more. Excellent job!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Way to go JP you are the man. bowMike I bet your right they will be heading SOUTH.

Posts: 14 | Location: Chardon,Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big congrats to the whole family.JP You da man!

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
C ongrats to all the Quaker City guys on your great showing at Pittsburgh and Richmond. just courious How do you pick Summit Super Series contestants . I see your points champs were Brad Slaughter and Scotty Campbell but JP and Bubba were SSS contestants? Thanks Gary Thayer from TRP

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post