DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Info is on the website now. Just a FYI, Keystone cancelled Saturday racing for a Street Outlaws show. I have work in the shop and a broke trans so mute point for me.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Sat 7/2 did turn out to be a good well run day at Quaker with a good turn out, other then no pa system and me getting my butt kicked in rd 2, it was good day of racing

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!! Wish I could have been there! Even though I can't make all of them, I'm thankful that the track races every weekend.

Hopefully I'll be back up and running in a week or two.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I had a good time there yesterday, as well. I kind of wish I had more time to race my dragster. I'm starting to get a handle on driving one. lol.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a good time there yesterday, as well

Tony thanks for coming, glad you enjoyed it. I would also like to thanks all the other Keystone racers that showed up to spend their weekend with us. From the staff at Quaker City, thank you.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I am selling my camaro if anyone is interested. It is on racing junk or you can call me (412)779-1467.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What?!! Get your ass to the track and quit thinking about selling!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Not quitting just looking for something different.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I got something different, go get somebcash and come on up, we can negotiate.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
Not quitting just looking for something different.

Know the feeling......understand completely.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION!!!!!

The Mopar Weekend on August 20th and 21st has been canceled due to lack of participation from the Sponsors and revenue from Advertisers. It will be replaced with our regular race program. Friday will be a Test -n- Tune with gamblers race and on Saturday with our regular race day program but does not count towards points. We apologize for any inconvience this might have caused.
Any questions please contact me at 330-771-1534. Thanks AJ

FYI....another special event changed due to a "lack of participation from sponsors and a lack of revenue from advertisers".

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well who's fault is it that the sponsors aren't participating and lack of revenue from advertisers? Confused

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well who's fault is it that the sponsors aren't participating and lack of revenue from advertisers?

Obama ??

Some tracks have more "special events" than racing. Be careful what you wish for.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you owned a business in the area of the track, where would you advertise ? On Rt.62 where your ad would be seen 24/7 for 12 months or at the track seen by very few people for a few hours a week for 8-9 months. If you look at a lot of the business banners at Quaker, most are businesses that are owned by racers or by business owners that like racing and want to support the track.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
If you owned a business in the area of the track, where would you advertise ? On Rt.62 where your ad would be seen 24/7 for 12 months or at the track seen by very few people for a few hours a week for 8-9 months. If you look at a lot of the business banners at Quaker, most are businesses that are owned by racers or by business owners that like racing and want to support the track.

Well... apples to apples, I would take a guaranteed crowd May thru October for a fraction of the cost of a billboard sign. If my business could service the needs of those at the track from auto parts/services, equipment sales, truck/trailer sales, lodging, dining or entertainment it would be a better investment because people support businesses that support the track.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
ATTENTION!!!!!

The Mopar Weekend on August 20th and 21st has been canceled due to lack of participation from the Sponsors and revenue from Advertisers. It will be replaced with our regular race program. Friday will be a Test -n- Tune with gamblers race and on Saturday with our regular race day program but does not count towards points. We apologize for any inconvience this might have caused.
Any questions please contact me at 330-771-1534. Thanks AJ

FYI....another special event changed due to a "lack of participation from sponsors and a lack of revenue from advertisers".

What do you expect when you never post a flyer on your track website and keep everyone in the dark. QC needs to start being a bit more vocal about their needs. If you need class sponsors, post a notice on your website. I know of at least two major mopar-specific engine builders in Pittsburgh that have sponsored classes or events in recent years that were either shunned or never contacted. Seems to me poor planning on the tracks part and they want to blame it on "lack of participation".

How hard is it to reach out to car clubs in the tri-state area, have a car show in the 2 acres of unused pit spaces, and promote their club on your website? Car shows going on during a drag race is the easiest way to get people into the gate, especially when the hillside past tech is being unused for most events.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Shawn, you're correct and racers will support folks that advertise at the track but using the work ''crowd'' is misleading. It's been a while since I've been at the track for a normal weekly bracket race, but unless things have changed the stands were basically empty and I'm sure this is the audience an advertiser is trying to reach.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
I had a great time this past weekend. I don't know the count but there were a LOT of cars. Why????because other tracks were having "special events", car shows, concerts, T&T etc.

This discussion about drawing crowds has been debated on other forums. Bottom line is what may draw a crowd turns racers away. I don't race every week and it's a two hour tow but I'm really grateful that Quaker has racing on the schedule every week. Other tracks have evidently discovered there is more money in holding these special events and T&T nights.

I personally hope they stick to the program. If I had to complain about anything it would be a little more glue on the 60 ft. lol

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Andamo- The "crowd" consist of racers and spectators but more so the racer. They are trying to sell their product to the most common end user that benefits from a product or service. Some weeks you get more than others.

Underdog--- in all honesty, a track's points program does not support the track. It is the special events and T&T events that the tracks hold that draw larger crowds and require less expense that the track is looking to profit from to continue to support a weekly points program along with partnerships from advertisement and sponsors.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Underdog--- in all honesty, a track's points program does not support the track. It is the special events and T&T events that the tracks hold that draw larger crowds and require less expense that the track is looking to profit from to continue to support a weekly points program along with partnerships from advertisement and sponsors.

Double Thumbs up SP knows!! Double Thumbs up

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post