DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i just talked to my daughter this morning and chad wants to race the jr next year and the falcon i hope will still be going if mikey wants to race here and there. So there may be a couple trailers there. i'll be trying and i repeat trying to do some other things but you know how this racing madness is.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
from what I understand this is a really neat day of racing. i'll be piloting my old falcon that I haven't raced in a long time. a little quizzy about my first 1/4 pass. i can take the wheels up start, it's the 140 mph finish that gets me . will be nice to see the old timers and there cars.

This will be the sixth year in a row our group (TSSSSA) has been there for the Reunion race. LOTS of neat cars. Us, 422 All-Stars Nostalgia/SS, UMTR stick cars, gassers, great lakes nostalgia funny cars and southern slingshots, and an 'Old ****s race' (their words, not mine) on Sunday for those (drivers) over age sixty (60). The race at Quaker on Memorial Day weekend was patterned after this event, and both are great. You can burn up A LOT of film/memory cards during this weekend. If you get time, be sure to walk the spectator lot up on the hill in the pits. Lots of great cars and a wide variety (you can see a 1949 Plymouth next to a '68 Camaro next to a '12 Mustang. Well worth the price of admission, all there is to see and do.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What Mike said is dead on with a zero. Great show, great time, awesome display of cars on and off the track. Check out PRP website for details. I'm hearing rumors the old "Wife Trouble" Corvette from PID will be on display too. I'll be announcing a good bit of the weekend. Mike, definitely come on up, we'll have some fun...
We're just some men that's on the mic
And when we rock upon the mic, we rock the mic, right

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
What Mike said is dead on with a zero. Great show, great time, awesome display of cars on and off the track. Check out PRP website for details. I'm hearing rumors the old "Wife Trouble" Corvette from PID will be on display too. I'll be announcing a good bit of the weekend. Mike, definitely come on up, we'll have some fun...
We're just some men that's on the mic
And when we rock upon the mic, we rock the mic, right

Abso-[bleep]in'-lutely. I'll be up to announce our TSSSSA time trials for sure (need to come up after the final time trial for us anyways to get the sheet to set the ladder).

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Alright everyone the Great Pumpkin Race is only a couple weeks away, and Quaker is looking for Business' or people who wish to be apart of the biggest event of the year! Whether you would like to sponsor one of the classes, donate stuff to give away throughout the weekend, giving us a banner to hang up and announce, or being a vendor to sell parts, toys, etc. We want to help you and/or your business get a ton of recognition while helping us make this the ultimate race to attend. This is a great opportunity to reach A LOT of people! Please message me on here or call to discuss all the options! 330-771-1534 AJ.

You must give respect, to earn respect.

Fox auto salvage and parts. Quality used and new auto parts. 330-863-1011

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Off to the shakedown bright and early for a two day relaxo fest.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is the Great Pumpkin Race going to be 1/4 mile? What time does TCR run?

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of mac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mustang50lx:
Is the Great Pumpkin Race going to be 1/4 mile? What time does TCR run?
. ALL RACING WILL BE 1000'

Posts: 7 | Location: burgh | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
What a turn out this weekend. 10 full lanes of no box. I wonder where all of these cars are all year. Thanks to the Fox family for giving us a great place to race.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
What a turn out this weekend. 10 full lanes of no box. I wonder where all of these cars are all year. Thanks to the Fox family for giving us a great place to race.

Unreal turnout once again!! Good racing, good friends, good food = nothing better than that!!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would like to give a shout out to Ken Shieff. Ken was the starter when my son Andrew made his 1 pass down the track 10 years ago. I didn't know what the heck I was doing and he patiently helped him get into the beams. I never forgot that and on Sunday I asked Ken if he would drop the tree for him 1 last time as this was probably our last race in a JR. Ken was more than happy to comply, thanks Ken it meant a lot for you to do this!!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
Thanks to the Fox family for giving us a great place to race.

X`s 2

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
did anybody else have any issues with outsiders?during trick or treat?the kids were mean,parents were ignorant,NOT YOUR TYPICAL DRAG RACING FOLKS..heard some other storys of guys trying to pick fights with other racers also.. No No

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And yet another broken race car. Norwalk sunday warm up the air was about 400 ft. I knew when hopper fired the falcon up how different it was gonna go. The engine sounded snappy and the throttle response was right there. normal burn out. when it left the line ,well lets just say he tripped the 60 ft timers with the rear wheels. Not high but carried the front end out like clint used to.It sat down like landing a plane. 5.91 at the stripe.The fastest the car ever ran. Then it sounded like it came out of gear.No forward or reverse. Spectating seems like whats happening next year.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
George, what brand is each of the broken cars? Guess you should have bought a chevy! No No

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me if the rumor that the track has been sold again is true? Never heard that before but did at the Classic. Someone told me they heard Norm sold the place. Anyone know if this is just another BS story that has started or if someone was interested in the track. Curious.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bader bought it to relocate his place to.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Bader bought it to relocate his place to.

lol

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
Can anyone tell me if the rumor that the track has been sold again is true? Never heard that before but did at the Classic. Someone told me they heard Norm sold the place. Anyone know if this is just another BS story that has started or if someone was interested in the track. Curious.

The alliens that crashed the UFO at Norwalk bought it.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:

The alliens that crashed the UFO at Norwalk bought it.

Well I hope there were more than two aliens on that ship! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post