DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wayne, If your talking to Norm, See if he would add the Pontiac Ventura,74 GTO 389 and up to the list of allowed cars. He does allow the Nova with a big block and the Ventura is the same car.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Ok Tom I talked to Norm and he want's to know which race. Do you mean the nostalgia classic, if you do which class that day.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The nostalgic classic and the nostalgic stock/super stock class being run that day

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply Wayne.

I'm curious why QC isn't having Tri-State Stock SuperStock this year. Mike's program offers EXTREMELY racer friendly paybacks, the program brings in quite a few racers that normally don't run at QC, and he and his family are good people. It is a win/win/win for everyone, and the crowds seem to love the class from the feedback I've heard.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm curious why QC isn't having Tri-State Stock SuperStock this year. Mike's program offers EXTREMELY racer friendly paybacks, the program brings in quite a few racers that normally don't run at QC, and he and his family are good people. It is a win/win/win for everyone, and the crowds seem to love the class from the feedback I've heard.

I,m trying just spoke with Norm today and told Mike to get ahold of him.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hadn't realized this and interested as well. I'm currently helping my friend pull his B/SA 69 Camaro out of mothballs. It was last run in the early 80s. I've been after him for years to get it out and run Mike's program as well as the Buckeye series. He's also a fan of Quaker having run there way back when.

So after me bragging about how neat this would be, it would be disappointing if it gets sidelined to say the least.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
This is what I found posted on class racer. As it stands, I guess I'll tell him we should just set it up for bracket racing. Hopefully this changes.

Saturday-Sunday September 23-24 at Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria PA. The Saturday race will be the 7th Annual Carl Schodde-Bob Butter Memorial Race

~Saturday-Sunday November 4-5, Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown MD. The annual Mason-Dixon S/SS Fall Classic.

They are omitting one time trial for each of the two bracket classes for the PID/Keystone Reunion race in September. That should make the days go quicker than years past.

We hope to have the schedule finalized and set within a few days. All other events (three more, maybe four) will be held at Keystone.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne, If your talking to Norm, See if he would add the Pontiac Ventura,74 GTO 389 and up to the list of allowed cars. He does allow the Nova with a big block and the Ventura is the same car.

Tom he said if it's a big block your good to go.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Anything new going on at the Racers meeting, could not attend.

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I did hear of a burn down rule Frank

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Wayne, do you or the track management team plan on posting the information passed out at the meeting to the website or to this site? The meeting was held a week ago and if you do not want a bunch of rumors or misunderstandings, it makes sense to post the information on the web page.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne, do you or the track management team plan on posting the information passed out at the meeting to the website or to this site? The meeting was held a week ago and if you do not want a bunch of rumors or misunderstandings, it makes sense to post the information on the web page.

You mean like "anonymous sources have reported" LOL

Seriously, you do have a point.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jimmy it is posted on Quaker City's web site under rules at the top of the page.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wayne somebody needs to correct the rule on starting line burndowns, the rules says if either side start to move forward withing 5 seconds the starter will motion them to move forward and it should say if neither side starts to move forward sighing five seconds.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Clint, they need to ax the whole rule. Having A burndown or two a night isnt a problem! Have a burndown every other pair, now thats a problem ! At that time I could see a "rule" being made. But beyond that, why whould you have a 5 sec rule when autostart is 7-10 sec.?? Many other things slow down a program, more so then a burndown or two.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry Dion but I think burn downs suck but if you are going to make rules you should really make sure you got them right when you post them on your website otherwise you leave the door open for conflicts after you toss somebody for following your rules that were posted wrong.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree that I am not a fan of run after run of burn downs but there is an element to it that is part of the sport. In baseball when they expect you to swing away and you bunt or football when they expect a pass and you run, if you get that racer that feels entitled to stage last, sometimes you got to try to shake them up. Now if you got that same racer that pair after pair creates an issue, you address it. My concern is for a guy like Sam Kobl who never is there to burn anyone down but is precise in his routine. Whether he is 1st in or last in, he never changes what he does. I think this rule tends to rush a very critical component that tends to be the deciding factor between a win light and a loss. The other concern is when you use the human element to make this type of decision. There is going to be some inconsistency in the enforcement with the starter already having to watch the tree, the lanes down track and the starting line. That is 1 more job for the starter that can really open the door to errors. Enforce the rule with dial in or lane and take the human element out of it along with 1 less responsibility of the starter. Just my opinion on it.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne somebody needs to correct the rule on starting line burndowns, the rules says if either side start to move forward withing 5 seconds the starter will motion them to move forward and it should say if neither side starts to move forward sighing five seconds.

I agree, that typo makes it hard to read and understand.

I think a lot is being made out of the 5 second deal that isn't an issue. I would suppose that to make a rule, some time limit would have to be specified otherwise it would be meaningless. I think it becomes pretty apparent when a duel is taking place and the starter is being ignored. I interpret the rule as saying no such contests will be permitted.

I personally have no problem with the rule. I just hope we could have a weekend without rain.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So a guy that double bulbs , gets in trouble for rushing the other guy. And a guy/guys that want to stage last, get in trouble for being slow/holding up the program! Seems there is other things to worry about.

Its a competition !! You know "two go down - one comes back" , "winner - looser" , "only one standing at end of the day"

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post