DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
My car is very consistent or has been since the new motor work.

Two weeks ago at QCMP my runs were as follows:

Right - 6.47
Left - 6.43
Left - 6.43
Left - 6.43
Right - 6.47

That is a lot of variance in the 1/8 mile. You cant be racing like this where you are not just racing the opponent, but the track as well. I would hope they will fix the timing system because it will hurt their car count as more and more folks tire of dealing with this issue and know the track is not trying to fix it.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim knowing that there is a difference isn't that big a deal if the difference is consistent but it becomes a big deal when you dial for one lane and then you somehow end up in the other lane. It can start arguement when you try changing your dial.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't think they care about the racers I think they are planning on selling and just patching the place up just for that.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My car moved 1 thou at prp
At the ten the car moved 5 thou total from 8am-4am
At quaker I move 2-3 numbers lane to lane

Posts: 2 | Location: beaver | Registered: April 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If they gave a crap , timing system would of been looked at or fixed by now!

Paving is done & we have Bud Light in the tower. You know the important stuff!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Jim knowing that there is a difference isn't that big a deal if the difference is consistent but it becomes a big deal when you dial for one lane and then you somehow end up in the other lane. It can start arguement when you try changing your dial.

Green, I hear ya. However, once you are strapped in and you have to get out, change your dial, re-buckle and secure the window netting, that takes time that your opponent should not have to endure while you mess around. If the lanes are different, let us run odd lanes and even lanes like in timed trials, at least you would know how to dial the car unless you are one the last few that have to go front to rear.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
BTW, At Friendship park last weekend, there lanes are about 1 to 1.5 numbers different at the eight mile....and that is a smaller track that does not have a "new" timing system. They have an old system that is pretty much out of date compared to places like Quaker.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Culpk348,

In this case it has nothing to do with "old" or "new" timing system. Its lack of maintenance and people that know how to work on it correctly. I am sure the timing system is fine, but its the roll out sensors and down track timers not adjusted correctly. The down track timers have a specific height and sensitivity that needs to be checks and set throughout the season as things move around. Same with starting line roll out. At the recent SSS run off at PRP the IHRA checked the roll out every morning to make sure nothing moved. the ihra starter walked the track and made sure every timer was within height specs and cleaned the lenses. Just like a car you have to do maintenance on it for it to operate correctly. I talked to your starter at the SSS runoff and explained all this hopefully they get it all adjust and back into specs.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim that was my point.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will be over for the wheelie contest, no timers or wheelie bars needed Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They're having a wheelie contest??? They oughta mark the freakin' finish line clearly !!!!!

Posts: 25 | Location: TRP | Registered: May 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
Culpk348,

In this case it has nothing to do with "old" or "new" timing system. Its lack of maintenance and people that know how to work on it correctly. I am sure the timing system is fine, but its the roll out sensors and down track timers not adjusted correctly. The down track timers have a specific height and sensitivity that needs to be checks and set throughout the season as things move around. Same with starting line roll out. At the recent SSS run off at PRP the IHRA checked the roll out every morning to make sure nothing moved. the ihra starter walked the track and made sure every timer was within height specs and cleaned the lenses. Just like a car you have to do maintenance on it for it to operate correctly. I talked to your starter at the SSS runoff and explained all this hopefully they get it all adjust and back into specs.

I obviously was not clear in my point. Its not the age of the timing system, but rather that a back yard type race track is better at keeping their sensors in check than our top notch race track. Your point is understood. I think Friendship does a great job for the budget and equipment that they have....not the case here.

Either way, hope no one gets mad but I will not put my dial on the car until I know which lane I am going to run, or I will sandbag the hell out my run in the left lane.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As long as you keep giving them your money. Things will never change. They actually think they're doing a good job.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know its a drive for some of you, but why not go to PRP then? Timers are Dead ON and I believe there is more prize money, and coolest part Train Wreck is playing. Unless Quaker stated they are trying to repair it or its fixed.I can see then giving your track support for this event.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm with you both. Just got the car cleaned up and finishing up some work here at my graphics shop, then load the car and head out......to PRP. Only way to get through to anyone making money off of you is to quit spending money there. Like VX96, I am only 15 minutes away from the track, yet I have chosen to travel elsewhere to spend my racing dollar lately. If the attitudes and preparation change, I will entertain spending money there once again.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
attention quake jr. racers. A small ohio track near stubenville is having a Halloween race. They are trying to get a jr program started at there track (FRIENDSHIP RACWAY PARK) Mike and I where there in the mid 90s when jr's were just getting started. Would be neet to invade this place with our jr's and maybe show them what it's all about. If I remember correctly it's a real layed back track with no drama.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr madman, are they having a wheelie contest? when is the race?

Posts: 25 | Location: TRP | Registered: May 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Madman... Culp was just down there this past weekend and said that it was a good day. Took a win and got to make a lot of laps with the open time runs.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this was posted anywhere else here (DRR) but I wanted to share this. Ken S had a bad house fire within the last few days and lost essentially everything. A Go Fund Me account has been set up to help Ken. If there was ever a good reason to help someone out, this is at as I know Ken would give his shirt off of his back for anyone else whether he knew you or not.

Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/y2aeh8as

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This thread is dead

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post