DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Courtesy staging will be implemented. If you double bulb, you will be instructed to back up and wait for your competitor to pre
stage. Timely staging is encouraged.

You light both bulbs accidentally, you are supposed to back out. I've done it by accident myself , just popped it in reverse and started over. Never got in trouble for it.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
It takes a lot of effort to make something so simple complicated and full of controversy.

This rule makes me laugh because if you were not a regular and knew that it only happens a couple of times a year that two racers won't stage, you would think we have a problem at this particular track with everyone not staging....

So how much time do we think this will save over the course of a given night.....2 minutes????

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will say I think 5 seconds is too short but there needs to be a limit and if the starter points for you to get on the line then I think he should also activate autostart at same time if possible so Both drivers are red lit if they don't get in.
They give you two minutes if you have issues in the lanes with your car so there should be a limit on the line.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Clint, I understand what you are saying....my point is why do we need a rule for something that rarely happens. Its the track discretion to decide if you are not staging....walk up, motion the two contestants in and if they ignore you and the starter feels enough time has passed that one or both should have started into the stage beams, hit the red light on both and send them home....no rule necessary....

Not complicated, confusing or any controversy.

If it happens once, bet it won't happen again. Saw what I described above happen at Norwalk....no one had a burn down after the first two were backed out and sent out the broke gate by Bader....

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Clint- you need at least 3 bulbs on for autostart to work. You know if they changed it that autostart kicked on with both prestage bulbs on then guys would take longer to prestage.

There is nothing wrong with having a rule in place in the event that it does need enforced but the way this is written does make it sound like they feel it is every pair in every class.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jim, i have seen 3-5 min staging duels at NRP. Never seen anyone ever sent packing. But i am with you on the fact that what does it really hurt or hold up, for the 1-2 burndowns here and there.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well if nobody wants to go in first then back then out and let some others go then let them try again, putting them at the back of the line would be best and they could sit however long they want and not mess with the next pair.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I think if 2 drivers don't want to stage and the starter tells them to go in and they still want to hold up everyone up.
When they do finally go in the starter should hold the tree for about 30 seconds then drop it.
After their eyeballs dry out and they flinch 10 times waiting for the tree. They might think twice about a burn down.
What's another 30 seconds going to hurt. Lol.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good one Dale!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne somebody needs to correct the rule on starting line burndowns, the rules says if either side start to move forward withing 5 seconds the starter will motion them to move forward and it should say if neither side starts to move forward sighing five seconds.

Ok Clint thanks for the heads up on that, it was taken care of. Wink

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
See Wayne I am good for something! Not all trouble. Roll Eyes

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To save even more time and trouble. Maybe every track should have racers pay. Give them a participation trophy and send them on their way. That way no one wastes time, or is butt hurt because there was a burndown. Everyone wins!

Seems no-one understands dragracing is a COMPETITION.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Full Moonburn downs are COOL...

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
Some really great stuff here i'm reading. Confused on how the track can speed up the procedure that the IHRA deems the proper & legal way with auto start? Also think that each individual's case needs to be looked at differently. I run the slower classes very often & have guys who stage deep all night. You try to give them their routine but that person is gonna have two bulbs on to your none. To then rush the other driver for showing courtesy is very troubling to me. Also realize there is nothing in the IHRA rule book about the slower car staging first??? This will be hard to police & i expect hard feelings all the way around on this one. Deal with those individuals one on one. To enforce something which everyone has to change his or her's own routine, is a bit much. Remember everyone pays good money to play in the sandbox........I wish you guy's the best!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
John we are not making anyone hurry up, everyone is getting the wrong thoughts on this rule. When you are the starter you know when a burn down is going to happen after waiting a minute or two and neither driver stages. This is when the starter is going to step out and wave them in and if they don't respond, he will hold his hand up and count with his fingers to five so everyone can see. If they refuse to go in at the end of the count both are done for the day. We have no intensions of making anyone hurrying up with their staging routine.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
John we are not making anyone hurry up, everyone is getting the wrong thoughts on this rule. When you are the starter you know when a burn down is going to happen after waiting a minute or two and neither driver stages. This is when the starter is going to step out and wave them in and if they don't respond, he will hold his hand up and count with his fingers to five so everyone can see. If they refuse to go in at the end of the count both are done for the day. We have no intensions of making anyone hurrying up with their staging routine.

Wayne, I think people's thoughts come from how the rule is written on the track's website. It does come across as an attempt to rush the staging procedure to avoid burn downs. Your explanation of the rule is a little more than what was written but makes more sense on how they will be handled in the event of a burn down. Now maybe Prest won't panic and will let it get out of Reverse before he dives in.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Wayne's explanation is exactly how I interpreted the rule. As I stated previously, it had to specify some arbitrary time limit or it wouldn't be enforceable. If it simply said "No Burndowns" everyone would be free to use their definition of a burndown.

Most important point to all this is pretty simple. If you somehow find the starter
motioning for you to pull into the beam, do
it! Ignoring the instruction of an official is grounds for getting tossed from any race track I've been to including road courses.

FWIW, I prefer to stage first. LOL

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i do not like this rule at all....

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You could always buy the track then change the rule. It Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If they want to speed up the program maybe they should get someone to run more efficient. The only time I

They need to get someone to run the program a little more efficient if they want to speed it up. The only time I've ever seen it ran good was when Kenny's foot was messed up and he stayed in the tower. Now to change the subject. Did anyone go to the no prep race? How was it? Did they get any cars?

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post