DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1st of all i try to stay away from coils,they are cheap.#2nd i didnt say i was going go to these races andy.but it did sound good huh?as for you greenie those races are at coastal plains dragway in jacksonville nc.thats on the east coast.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anybody let me borrow a truck and trailer I'll go with you bill.I need to get out of this cold it sucks.TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED!!

Posts: 111 | Location: Chardon,oh. | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ken I got a trailer so now you just got to find a truck.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Bill, You,Louie,Kenny,Greenie and I all go together??? big idea Eyes That would be an interesting convoy!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't know Andy I try to stay away from those ford boys cause they slow you up too much! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DMoore
posted Hide Post
OK, i had to work. Did i miss anything? Any big news come from the banquet?

Denny Moore
1968 Buick Skylark (10.27 @ 129)

Posts: 111 | Location: Cortland, Ohio | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Denny whats up? I did not get to go to banquet either i was in Hawaii but i do know they are are having a big bottom bulb race in August. STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
come to prp.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
What did they say about tags (AHRA)? I love racing at QCR, (26 miles from home) but still am worried about its future. I remeber when it was NHRA and the place was full. I know a bad economy does'nt help but I things can be better for the racers. just my 2cents..

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
What did they say about tags (AHRA)? I love racing at QCR, (26 miles from home) but still am worried about its future.

Did you see the AHRA press release from last week concerning SFI membership?

One would have to imagine that AHRA plans to do their own chassis certifications, otherwise why would their CEO bother to mention that specific point in the press release?

================
AHRA JOINS SFI FOUNDATION AS FULL MEMBER

February 18th, 2010 12:35 P.M. PST

Spokane Valley, WA.

Because maintaining the safety of drag racing fans and participants is paramount to the AHRA, the sanctioning body has joined the SFI Foundation as a full member, AHRA CEO Troy Moe announced today.

“SFI has proven itself to be an unbiased voice in the racing world that is completely dedicated to the safety of all participants, and it’s really our privilege to be a part of the organization and support their efforts, “ Moe said.

SFI was founded in 1963 and among other services produces a wide range of quality assurance specifications for safety-related motorsport products. Their safety standards have proven to assist in reducing accidents and injuries for motorsports participants.

The Foundation is funded by companies that voluntarily participate in the specification program along with financial support from sanctioning member bodies such as AHRA.

“Our membership allows to certify chassis and helps provide tests for our tech personnel that will keep the racing environment safe and fair. I completely respect what SFI does for our sport as a whole, and am looking forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship,” Moe added.

As a full member in the Sanctioning Body Program, AHRA not only has access to existing SFI specs, but also can utilize other services such as the development of new application-specific standards, technical personnel training and certification, and on-track incident response training.

================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
I hope they have a lot of foam blocks and glue!!! Rolling

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
since that day,i have fixed the steering issue,so that i wont be hitting anymore foam blocks..thank you very much! Wink

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
what if entry went to $50.for superpro to win $1,000 and 250 ru.would people race there???i would..

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Bill, Didn't Dan say maybe they could try a higher payout for a few weeks? Maybe I was hearing things? There was some kind of Ruckus going on in the back and it was kinda hard to hear.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
Dont write it off just yet, keep your eyes on qcr website this week for an updated payout schedule. If anyone wants to discuss any concerns with Dan Im sure he would listen to your requests. I spoke with him today about mine. Nothings set in place yet but things are looking better! Car

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
watch the web site for an update. Praying

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Man that picture looks good Jeff!!!

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
As for the payout....I'm in for a few extra bucks!! Its gonna cost for me to race at PGH or Norwalk...please lets turn this around so its worth it for the racers to race at QCR!!
just my opinion...

Lou

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree Lou. QCR was one of the best places to race in 2003 and has slowly derogated since.

My thoughts:
- On non-points days run Box/No-Box/Street Legal and guarantee payout. I wasn't able to make it last year over the 4th of July weekend when they guaranteed the payout on a Sunday but heard car count was pretty good. The trouble with Pro/Footbrake is they split the classes and it has hurt the car counts. They can even try this on select days as feelers with minimal amount of risk.

- On the guaranteed days, check other tracks schedules and make it appealing for racers from PRP, Thompson, 42, Norwalk, etc. to make the tow over if nothing is going on at their home tracks.

- Have posted incentives for the points funds before the season starts. Prizes, cash, etc. A gold card and pit spot are great for the Champ but how about everyone else?

- I'd pay a higher entry for better payout weekly but is that truly the root issue? If they get the car count up the issue rights itself.

Hope everyone has had a good off-season and looking forward to catching up in April.

Thanks,

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
Guys/Gals,

Thank you for posting over here in this forum. You may notice I went back into Lou's original post and changed the name of the topic only so you all could have a home over here in the Race Track Forum. Good luck with your cause and I hope you can reach a mutual agreement on these payouts.

Thank you

MJ

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post