DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hearing 2 local track owners present, IHRA, a former racer and a large sponsor of a favorite friday night series are all there. Rumor is no bids on the individual parcels. Looks like the guns are loaded for bidding on the track as a whole.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Hearing 2 local track owners present, IHRA, a former racer and a large sponsor of a favorite friday night series are all there. Rumor is no bids on the individual parcels. Looks like the guns are loaded for bidding on the track as a whole.

KEEP US POSTED many are waiting for the outcome of this!!!! Praying

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rumor is a guy named Norm (not Norm Sam to squash that rumor) bought it.

Rumor is.... it will remain a race track!!!

SP... Final confirmation will be when the deal is completed. Until then, this is all second hand info as i am not on the property.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I heard it was Norm Fox of Fox's Auto Salvage. Got it for $460K.

Posts: 44 | Location: @ the shop | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Good luck to the new owner. Congrats and I do hope to see this track suceed. I am sure that many of the racers that left will return. Looking forward to better days ahead.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Greg's info is correct.

Norm Fox of Fox Auto Salvage out of Malvern/Minerva area purchased for $460,000. The gentleman that has been on yellow bullett dropped around $440K and the Tedesco family dropped out around $420K is what was reported.

I believe that the equipment package did not sell that Mr. Fox said he would be looking to purchase new equipment for the track. I think there was some local media coverage so watch the Youngstown stations for or Salem news for more info and stories.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is the best news that I have heard in a long time!! Let us know when everything legal is finalized with the purchase.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Dayum Shawn......you've got a future in news reporting! Razz

All reports accurate......and timely.

Big Grin

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMPSA fan:
Dayum Shawn......you've got a future in news reporting! Razz

All reports accurate......and timely.

Big Grin

BREAK NEWS!!!! MMPSA fan announces he will be sponsoring me a new tube chassis car for 2011 race season. MMPSA fan says he is tired of working on midgets from IL race car turn dailey driver turn race car again junk!!!

SP... Do I get my papparazi award, Fred?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greg's info is correct.

Norm Fox of Fox Auto Salvage out of Malvern/Minerva area purchased for $460,000. The gentleman that has been on yellow bullett dropped around $440K and the Tedesco family dropped out around $420K is what was reported.
GREAT news, congrats to the new owner!!! Car

I believe that the equipment package did not sell that Mr. Fox said he would be looking to purchase new equipment for the track. I think there was some local media coverage so watch the Youngstown stations for or Salem news for more info and stories.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Outstanding news, but forgive me if I don't get too excited until the first burnout this spring!

Congrats to the Fox family!!!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
dis hears good knews write? eyes was goin to bid, butt eyes spend all da savings on dat qt. of oil

Posts: 83 | Location: Farmington | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMonte454:
This is the best news that I have heard in a long time!! Let us know when everything legal is finalized with the purchase.

Yeah buddy hope it all works out for the new owner!!! not worthy

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
BREAK NEWS!!!! MMPSA fan announces he will be sponsoring me a new tube chassis car for 2011 race season. MMPSA fan says he is tired of working on midgets from IL race car turn dailey driver turn race car again junk!!!

SP... Do I get my papparazi award, Fred?

NICE......like most reporters you're close. Razz

Sponsoring my own new car for 2012....entertaining BIG powerplant owners to join up...hint...hint. Wave

Hoping the "new" QCR will come with traction and we can have some fun!

CONGRATS and good luck Mr Fox......CALL ME.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear things are looking up for you Quaker racers...good luck to you all!!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DMoore
posted Hide Post
http://www.wfmj.com/global/cat...27770&autoStart=true

Denny Moore
1968 Buick Skylark (10.27 @ 129)

Posts: 111 | Location: Cortland, Ohio | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Deal Racing
posted Hide Post
This is GREAT News !!!!
I'm spolied traveling only 15 minutes to the track each week....Hopefully it will go back to an IHRA or NHRA track...

Posts: 112 | Location: Y-Town, Ohio | Registered: September 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hey ron moore..you called me a piece of sh it on tv..channel 21 news..thanks buddy. Rolling

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I seen alot of familiar mugs on that video. Doesnt any of you have a job?

Any word on who drew the high card for first attachment rights?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of high-gear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
hey ron moore..you called me a piece of sh it on tv..channel 21 news..thanks buddy. Rolling

But.. but.. you know he said it with "love" Bill!! Right? LOL

Posts: 293 | Location: PA | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post