DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
all the bashing..and the place will be packed this weeknd..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Given that there are a lot of racers that did not qualify for IHRA Bracket Finals (which should still be at QCR) and there is nothing going on at the other tracks, I would hope that he could pack the place since it is the only place to race.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr. yuk:
hey everyone, what a real mess. i have to agree there is a bunch of explaining from qcr management to be addressed.one things for sure, there $6500.00 to the good for all the sponsor money we got them for nostalgia drags. i'm 100% positive they didn't pay out any of the money or gift certificates. or very little for sure. that is a real shame. i have not raced since june, but have been keeping up with things, i just think now that the season is winding down it is time to point the finger where it needs to be pointed. her foul mouth attitude, and disrespect of drivers, employees, and people who cared, have finally run there course. and shame on dan for letting her get away with it. yes, the econmy is bad, i myself felt that pinch, however when i ran earlier in the year at norwalk and thompson, they seemed to manage just fine. and yet those special two at qcr continue to blame anyone and everything else for there own self-inflicted wounds. now they can't pay the bills, or claim whatever they choose to. i wonder whe she told drivers and myself " if you don't fu----g like running here, go somewhere else" she regrets now. well dan & ann, it seems that wheel has made a big circle on you both. maybe i have no right to speak on the matter anymore, but my partner jeff and i spent our whole winter last year getting sponsors. then spent my entire summer explaining to the sponsors "who donated so generously" to nostalgia drags what was going on with there donations since no one down there would return calls or anything. well you two, nows your chance. come on here and explain it. i don't beleive in sugar-coating anything for anyone. those who really know me will agree, however maybe this time it really will sell to someone or people who have there hearts and drivers in the right place. if the track does close, for all those real racers, the tracks in the north will welcome you with open arms. they will bend over backwards to accomidate you. they know the financial cost it will take for you to get to there tracks, but the will do everything to make it right. in closing, if the quaker faithfull want that place to survive, you know what has to happen.

bow Thank you for trying.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: qcmpobsrvr,

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:

I don't see anything special on the schedule. Why is it going to be packed?

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
nowhere else to race!and ??????nowhere else to race!guess thats all i can come up with.. Confused

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
nowhere else to race!and ??????nowhere else to race!guess thats all i can come up with.

Pacemakers this weekend especially if you're a no-box car...

From their website:
Pro Class (for a $40 entry)
$5000 purse
$2500 Winner $1000 Runner Up $300 Semi's $125 Qtrs $50 Eighths
Normal points and round money for Pro Class, 1 car, 1 driver
No double entries in Pro, but you can enter 1 other class
NHRA Div. 3 class rules and ET breaks
Regular S/Pro and Sportsman Points Races

S/Pro is $800 to win GUARENTEED $1000 with 40 entries and $1500 with 64, R/U 400, Semis 125 again GUARANTEED, $40 per round won after 3rd round win. $50 to enter, BB 1st round $25.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JFeaster,

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
nowhere else to race!and ??????nowhere else to race!guess thats all i can come up with.. Confused

Sorry, didn't realize that the other tracks closed down for bracket finals. I don't recall Quaker ever doing that but I've only been racing there 4 years.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JFeaster:
quote:
nowhere else to race!and ??????nowhere else to race!guess thats all i can come up with.

Pacemakers this weekend especially if you're a no-box car...

From their website:
Pro Class (for a $40 entry)
$5000 purse
$2500 Winner $1000 Runner Up $300 Semi's $125 Qtrs $50 Eighths
Normal points and round money for Pro Class, 1 car, 1 driver
No double entries in Pro, but you can enter 1 other class
NHRA Div. 3 class rules and ET breaks
Regular S/Pro and Sportsman Points Races

S/Pro is $800 to win GUARENTEED $1000 with 40 entries and $1500 with 64, R/U 400, Semis 125 again GUARANTEED, $40 per round won after 3rd round win. $50 to enter, BB 1st round $25.

X2

Pacemakers is a great facility with a staff that is dedicated to giving every racer what they SHOULD expect when they roll in the gates...

A fair shake and a great program!! You will not be disappointed!

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
I would rather not race then deal with her! Car Sorry to hear that Mr. Yuk you had a nice program started. You had to know she was not going to let it be sucessful. She wants it closed period end of story. why finish the season just close!

Who is teching cars? That has not got fired.

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
tech who needs tech?

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
you do to check those wheel sensors Big Grin

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
You have him confused with me Razz Ask Ashley and Darrel Big Grin

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
lmao,you sure cheated them at prp!!

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not really packed, but a good turn out, saw maybe 20 to 30 cars from other tracks. Track surface was awesome, ton of cars running dead-on

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
This Tuursday September 30th the Lawless electric bike will be on American Choppers. It aire's at 9pm, Lary Spiderman McBride rode it to a new world's record 7.77 at Quaker City.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$300 to win and $100 runner up....today at qcr..lmao.. censoredthat..

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
Stay home save your money!!! $40 to race $40 in fuel $20 spectator you have to make it to the final just to break even and you no its not that much fun out there!!!! RIP QCR

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm happy just making a couple of passes in the car. The highlight of my week is just going to the track. Enjoying the sights, sounds, and conversations. I drag race to drag race. If I raced to make money every week, I'd be in trouble, plain and simple.

I have fun out there, but I have fun just being in the car. Isn't that what this is about? If you don't like it, you stay home and save your money. Don't come on here and cry about it. I'm racing there while I have the chance.

You could be up Sunset racing for a $100 if you're lucky. You might win too if Alex likes you...

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You are in trouble! Someone that has that much money invested in a racecar, and all you care to do is go to "A" track and make a couple passes??? Your in trouble!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
You are in trouble! Someone that has that much money invested in a racecar, and all you care to do is go to "A" track and make a couple passes??? Your in trouble!

Tell me something new, I've known that for 12 years. Just like everyone else, I'll migrate if it all comes to an end.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post