DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Wow, your up early Fred. Do you know who is doing the Auction?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Baer Auctions www.baerauctions.com Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
http://www.baerauctions.com/up...uaker-city-race-way/
Frown Man I hope someone buys it and keeps it as a race track. Praying

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3297:
MMPSA, what the heck you been up to? Haven't heard much outta ya lately. Same ole crap on my end. Chuck

Well......I've been up nights pacing the floor worrying about the future of QCR and it's owners and management.......haven't you?????

Razz

Hi Frank.......work work work.....gotta make time for racing fun!

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
havent we seen this before!!!auction off enough stuff to make it threw winter.i remember a certain some1 who was willing and "ready"to buy the place and dan wouldnt sale..i think we are seeing the same scare tactic again!!maybe im wrong but who knows.. Roll Eyes

Tuesday October 19 .....QCR and properties will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Get busy people!

.[/QUOTE]

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
Just curious.....what's he trying to "scare" people into doing?

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Old & Fuelish
posted Hide Post
This a sad day in the local racing world!
ALL of you QCR distracters, now is YOUR chance. BUY THE PLACE.

Those of you that race there and were happy doing so, when buying your parts and services for next season remember who did all of the complaining when QCR did not do things to suit their personal agenda. These are the people who have increased YOUR racing costs! Do not support the businesses do they represent!

Triple Nickel, Bowtie bobby & qcrobsrvr, who do not race at QCR, have contributed to this. GO STIR THE SH#T SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE DRAGWAY 4? A prospective buyer does not need A$$ES like you!
Frown

Posts: 13 | Location: SALEM, OHIO | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Laughing Na, I got a soon to be Wifey that keeps me up and pacing!! Heading out there tomorrow for a last go at it possibly.... Wave

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TH383:
http://www.baerauctions.com/up...uaker-city-race-way/
Frown Man I hope someone buys it and keeps it as a race track. Praying

I'll repeat my statement from 3-1/2 years ago.

"Nothing good comes from ANY race track closing."

With that said, nothing good comes from annual pronouncements by the media or the owners of 'tax lien', 'auction', 'Sky Bank judgment', 'sell to City of Salem', etc., etc. concerning a track either.

Those with short memories probably forget that this is nearly an identical listing to early 2007 when everything was detailed, but when Dan didn't accept (or receive) any property bids, he pulled all of the other components such as the tower, grandstands, scoreboards, etc. from going to the auction block.

I guess we will see what happens this time.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Wayne,
Just so you know, about 20 racers from QCR did not come to 42 this year...me being one of them due to your contstant S%%t stirring. I usually run 42 about 6 times a year but since Jack leaves promotion up to you I would like to tell you people do not agree with your style and its reflecting your track. You have honest, hard working people on here that want to keep this track open Don't kick us when we're down...We don't need it. You would not appreciate it if your track was having these issues. If you have any questions please PM me. Sorry held my tounge long enough.

thanks
LJ Greco

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
You have honest, hard working people on here that want to keep this track open Don't kick us when we're down...We don't need it.

I SINCERELY wish all parties the best.

Once again, "No good comes from ANY race track closing".

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Looks to me on Auction website the track will be sold to the highest bidder ! " without reservation to the highest bidder" I think means absolute auction. Hopefully someone will buy it cheap and keep it a race track. Nearest 1/4 mile track for me.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
John,

Your right, I do not race there. Nor will I ever as long as those two clowns run the show. I will continue to try and change the way current management treats the racers at that track in my own way. And if someone calls me out, then I might try to make them look like a fool as well.

However, I have no beef with any perspective buyer or the track itself. So, if new management was to move in, take care of the racers, and be consistant with the rules and regulations that they post on the website, you will not see any posts by me. However, the skunk and wabbit have created their own problems that has resulted in the track being for auction and also are responsible for my existance on this web board. I did not run racers off. I did not push businesses to leave. I did not decide to go with a santioning body that no longer exists because I pissed off NHRA and IHRA. I did not pass out flyers threatening to ban anyone that posts negative comments on DRR. These are just a few of the items that I had nothing to do with that resulted in racers leaving and the track income suffering. The wabbit is the main reason for most racers leaving. When it was rumored that she would not be back, a lot of racers were pretty happy. But then the skunk couldn't help himself...and he brought her back.

Once they are gone, I will be gone...and maybe bring my dragster back to the track again to support the new owner in the future.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:

I did not pass out flyers threatening to ban anyone that posts negative comments on DRR.

[QUOTE]

Wow......hadn't heard about that one.....class act.

Preach on Reverend Robert.

Razz

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news for you Quaker racers.

Might I ask....what would the car count be there if the track was run in a more "racer friendly" manner?...I've only raced that track once for a bracket final...and it seems like a pretty nice facility.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old & Fuelish:

Those of you that race there and were happy doing so, when buying your parts and services for next season remember who did all of the complaining when QCR did not do things to suit their personal agenda. These are the people who have increased YOUR racing costs! Do not support the businesses do they represent!

Triple Nickel, Bowtie bobby & qcrobsrvr, who do not race at QCR, have contributed to this. GO STIR THE SH#T SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE DRAGWAY 4? A prospective buyer does not need A$$ES like you!
Frown

That's it. You hit it right on the head with that. It's all the sponsors who never raced at that place that had personal agendas and did not renew their sponsorships. Roll Eyes

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
Lets hope if it stays a track that someone educated is in management! (Running the office). Its one thing to be rude to adults but it is another thing to be rude to a child!
Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomaskoracing,

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Old & Fuelish
posted Hide Post
qcrobsrvr;
The personal agendas I was refering to are not those of track sponsors. I was refering to the complaining racers that were not happy when things did not suit them and don't care about the other racers. The track was this or that and that is why you lost. It just could not be you! OH Wait! It was the same for ALL that were there and someone else won!

The payout was based on car count and is too low. You know the best way to fix that? STFU and race, bring everyone you can to race against you. Now the payout is better. OH WAIT! now you have to be able to win more rounds to get the money.

It rained and you did not get the money you thought was due for not racing. Can't come back for the make up racing? Who's fault is that? QCR or YOU???

All the others that feel things did not go their way and came on here to complain, remember there were many others on that same day that were just fine with things as they were or are BETTER RACERS and know how to adjust to the conditions as they are. It will never be exactly as you want it to be. Learn how to deal with it.

please educate me, who are the QCR sponsors this season. I am. Are you? Bowtiebobby? Triple Nickel? MMPSA fan?
Who is or was a the sponsor(s) that is now complaining?
I would think if a sponsor is not happy they go away, not hang around and whine.

Botiebobby;
I'm sure all the racers that will be racing next season at other tracks or not at all will be thanking you big time for fixing all of YOUR problems with QCR

How many of you are smart enough to make the MILLIONS $$$ that was and is invested in this track? How many of you would continue to put up with the constant put downs and slander?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Old & Fuelish,

Posts: 13 | Location: SALEM, OHIO | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
You think I'm whining.......not hardly.

I sponsored during the Mossey era, and was involved when Matt Zapp was there. There's been no incentive lately nor have I ever been contacted by current management.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Old & Fuelish
posted Hide Post
MMPSA Fan
Thanks for being a past sponsor, but I did not know who you were by your name on this forum.
I will do some research to find out.