DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
watever lou!!dont answer my question then... Mad Mad

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The Grist Mill is a bar at a bowling alley in austintown Ohio Bill.Are you happy now? Smile Wedgewood plaza,now I better not find out that you never showed up after your hissy fit! No No

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone that showed up last night in austintown I had a great time. Sorry if I did not get to talk to some between sets but I do appreciate everyone coming. If mother nature does this to us next weekend we are at Jillians in the Southern Park mall Friday night!!

thanks
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So did Bill show up or do I got to give him a whooping?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Had a great time last night. I know Lou is a Superstar at the dragstrip but did not realize what an entertainer he is in the music world!
Green, You don't have to give Bill a whoopin! He brought along some good fishin stories. You should see that Dude dance,John Travolta or Patrick Swayze couldn't hold a candle to him!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Andy are you coming to the quake this Friday?

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
You bet Wayne. Don't know if I'll be there in time to race.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good because I am saving all my whooping for on the race track. Wink
Andy you only race so you can drink beer afterwards! Wink

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Interesting...Taken from QCR's website

quote:
Pro & Footbrake will run in their seperate classes until we have a pair of cars in each class.
These cars will runoff for the pay out monies from a combined car count scale.
This will be a 2 round elimination.
The two 1st round losers of this elimination will be the semi finalists.

All rounds won will receive points. The Gold & Silver cards will be awarded to the highest points winners, no matter which class they are from.

Why not combine the two classes from the begininng? Can someone explain the advantage of leaving the two classes separate until the final 4 cars are determined. Also, does this mean that only two people will be class winner and runner up instead of each class having one? If so, please refer back to my first question.

Boy this will be a little confusing to the racer that occassionally races at QCR. I am surprised that they did not just make one class, there is probably a good reason, but cant figure it out reading this post.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Can someone that has knowledge of this class change post a little more detail about this change. I realize it will increase payout, however, why not just one class (Pro or No box or whatever you want to call it) instead of two then a runoff? Just my curiousity...not questioning QCR mgt, just curious as to why this is being done this way.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I understand why the different classes but if they're going to have a runoff between the two classes there seems to be no point to 2 classes. Kind of like the runoff on Friday's between Box and No Box. I never understood that.
Also, it appears that there will be 1 gold and 1 silver card awarded at the end of the year. This way they only have 2 people getting in free instead of 4. Also fewer pit spots to give away.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. You only have one winner to pay instead of two.Total for the winner is increased but total payout is probably less(I didn't check the math).Here is a theory,what happens when one class has to race 4 rounds to get down to 2 and the other class has to race 6 rounds to get down to 2?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. You only have one winner to pay instead of two.Total for the winner is increased but total payout is probably less(I didn't check the math).Here is a theory,what happens when one class has to race 4 rounds to get down to 2 and the other class has to race 6 rounds to get down to 2?

Exactly. Footbrake typically has more cars than PRo by a long shot. Sounds to me like maybe the Footbrake cars have a better chance at the points championship. Maybe they are hoping people will gravitate to Footbrake and they can do away with Pro?

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Andy, there is a rumor going around in this big town of Clinton that the Megeteam will make an apperance at the Quake this Friday. not worthy

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the method used to determine the car count for 2 classes. Will they still allow entry to both classed? Will they continue to stick it to racers so they can stick it in their pockets?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
QCROBSRVR, I am not implying that QCR is somehow trying to imply that this is being done at the demise of the racers. I am just curious as to the advantages of a two class system over a single class. I am sure car count will be based on the total number of cars in both classes, or at least that is the way I read it. I am just puzzled as to the whole two class thing.

If one class has less cars than the other, it could cause problems with those waiting around because of changes in weather, car cooling off, etc. and therefore changes in Dial-ins. Besides, like someone posted, if the points are awarded based on rounds won, the smaller class would get less points than the larger class every week. Also, this would also extend the racing by 30 minutes every weekend by having two more rounds to run after each class is completed, correct?

However, on the flip side, if you were competing in the smaller class, it would cause less wear on the car and less money in fuel to make it to the final two than the larger class. Also the odds are greater that you would make it to the final two. Although, this seems like it could cause controversy at the track.

If I were racing there for points and was allowed to vote on this, I would prefer one class rather than two. But I believe there has got to be an advantage to this two class system so I am wondering what it is. I know someone knows why it was decided to run it this way. I am just curious.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Culp, your a pretty bright guy. I think it is pretty obvious the benefit of the 2 classes, 1 payout. I think everyone understands the benefit is not to the racer and you are 100% right about this causing controversy. This move will go over like the extra payout in points if you wanted to be on the bracket team back in 2005 or 2006.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Well, Well, Well. I can tell you why there are two classes. I think that was covered a couple of pages ago. I believe it was Ray Wilkins who hit the nail on the head with that one. I see this as an attempt to get the car count up and pay some decent money that everyone wants. By keeping the classes seperate until the end it is letting the true footfeeders race against true footfeedeers which is what alot of people wanted, right? Is it still going to bring the street cars into footbrake? I dont know, you tell me. It will keep those "fast" no-box cars running each other so the "safety" factor is still there. Double entries would be hard like this but hey they never waited on me when I doubled (box/no-box). If you can be in the last 2 for both classes then you can have 2 of the last 4 spots IMO. The only conflict I can see is if this instance occurs. One class has < 16 cars and the other has > 32 that would be a 2 round difference, 4 vs. 6. Throw buybacks in there and the chances are slim that happens. Do you make the 2 from the short class wait or just blend them in when they got to two cars left over there? By the time you get down to the semi's for the night you might have to wait out a round if they dont blend them in. You are talking maybe a 1/2 hr. If you cant dial your stuff waiting a 1/2 hr you better not go to the big brother track up north. Sometimes you have 3 or 4 hours between runs up there. I will sit here and study this to find another angle. These are just my first thoughts.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did anyone print out a copy of the payout off of the website before it was changed? Is there still a $50 & $50 bonus via Batafrano for this class?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Keith, do you not believe that a single class would be better for everyone. I believe you posted that yourself. I think it is a major disadvantage to those trying to gather points in the smaller class. Plus double dipping will be a lot tougher, and I wonder how many people that made up the car count were running both classes.

With regard to your statement about dialing cars, I was just pointing out some of the issues that I believe will cause controversy, and I am sure those that will be effected are not running at the track up north. If you are implying by that statement that I was complaining about an issue that would bother me, well like I have said before, you obviously do not know me very well. My car is consistant enough to know what the car will run with pretty good accuracy without a time run.

As I stated from the beginning, I am not trying to cause problems, just curious and hoping someone that knows more about the subject would provide some light on the situation and explain it to me. It might make a difference which class I enter when I race there.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation