DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Galot Motorsports Park Benson,NC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot Motorsports Park Benson,NC
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
The spanking new track is scheduled to conduct their very first test and tune session this Thursday, March 24. And their very first bracket race is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2016.

www.galotmotorsportspark.com

I figured this would be a pretty good time to start a thread for the new track. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Pope: New owner going whole-hog at Benson track
GALOT ("Get a Load of This")

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to hearing a report from anyone who has been down the new track. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ITs still a 1/8th mile.

Posts: 1701 | Location: usa | Registered: May 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Some photos from the very first Thursday night test and tune are posted up:

http://galotmotorsportspark.co...ght-thunder-gallery/

Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The first video I have seen posted from Galot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRYZ7NQefEU

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With rain forecast Saturday morning for Galot, I was wondering if this track has a curfew? Also, what time can they start on Sunday?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
With rain forecast Saturday morning for Galot, I was wondering if this track has a curfew? Also, what time can they start on Sunday?

I would answer, if I could, but I have no idea. Anthony Walton is going to be the new track manager, maybe he can jump in here with a response. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just called the track telephone number (919 894 1662). I very nice lady answered the phone and tried her best to help. She said that they frequently stay open until 11:00PM on test night, so there is that. She also said that Anthony stated it was possible the Saturday night race could run as late as 11 or 12. I asked about opening early on Sunday and she had not heard anything about that possibility. She said that Anthony planned to dry the track, if there was early rain on Saturday and that currently everything is a go.

BTW, I will not be there, this weekend. I am battling a long and convoluted ring and pinion issue. Otherwise, I would be there too. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Can anyone who attended the first bracket race (April 2 and 3) report on how it went? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I only raced on Sunday but had a good day, lost at 5 cars in PRO(footbrake) Had the person on the light but went through on my brakes and ran out..one hundredth but was 4 hundreds ahead.. Stupid me!!!I think the beam got my front end instead of the tire because I braked too hard.

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Very impressive day!

GALOT Motorsports Park’s Summit Racing Equipment ET Series is officially underway. After all of the anticipation, over 325 drivers came to GALOT Motorsports Park for the first weekend of the annual points series.

Sounds like Galot is off to one heck of a start. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Smile Richard Alford wins Pro on Saturday and Steve is the runner up.

Galot results 4/16/16 and 4/17/16

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sunday Pro/Footbrake winners:

Brian Perkins.....Winner
David Sears.....runnerup

Not Always!
Brenda

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
5/7/16. Congratulations to Max Wiseman on a runner up finish in Top. I wish I could remember the name of the winner. I know he cut a .007 and ran 5.550 on a 5.55 dial! I do not remember the name of the finalists in Footbrake, either. However, I do remember that Tommy Plott won Top Sportsman, in his Mustang. That is almost not fair. Wink The track crew worked extremely hard to make sure the finals were completed for all eliminators. The quality of the facility is beyond description. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I finally brought my own car out to Galot, this past Saturday. What can I say, the place is flawless. Not only is the facility itself beyond description, it is also run extremely well. The track surface was well maintained with several sprays and drags. The staging lane personnel were professional, friendly, and kept things moving. Although there was a good bit of downtime, it was completely unavoidable...there were just so many cars there to run off! I finally got to meet Lonnie Jackson, after exchanging messages with him here. Saw lots of other folks I have rarely run into, recently, too.

I would be a regular competitor there, but I just cannot swing the $60 footbrake entry fee, on a regular basis. The purse definitely reflects that higher entry fee, but I am just a fun/hobbyist kind of competitor. I am glad I have now been able to make it there, at least once. Maybe, once it gets cooler, I will splurge and go again. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any information about a new reality TV show called Burning Rubber TV? Apparently, it is being taped at Galot Motorsports Park. Here are a few video trailers on youtube:

Burning Rubber TV

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Galot will be holding a hiring fair for track employees on January 28, 2017.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to get responses to e-mails, at Galot, but I was able to get answers on the telephone (919 894 1662), this evening.

In 2017, Galot will again have only a footbrake and delay box eliminator. No Sportsman eliminator (I had thought there was a chance that might change, but apparently not). Points will be given for round wins, including those rounds won after losing and then buying back in. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There will be three bracket points races at Galot in 2017. March 11, May 20, and August 5.

GALOT Motorsports Park is pleased to announce the return of Summit ET Series in 2017. Each race will be contested using the all new state-of-the-art TruStart system and will be ran on Saturdays with 2 qualifying runs followed by eliminations! Official dates include: March 11th, May 20th, and August 5th. Racers will not be allowed to drop any points races in 2017. Champions in each class will be awarded a championship jacket and trophy. The top 10 in each class will go on to compete at Rockingham Dragway for the 2017 NHRA Summit ET Series Division Championship!

http://www.galotmotorsportspark.com/schedule/