DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Galot Motorsports Park Benson,NC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot Motorsports Park Benson,NC
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The first bracket race of this season, Saturday March 11, 2017, has been rescheduled due to the weather forecast. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Too cold for the heated track?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Made the trip out to Galot this evening for one of their test and tunes. I had done some major transmission surgery and wanted to ensure everything was good to go. It was hot. However, the prep was first rate. No issue with traction. I only made three timeruns, all inside of an hour, but that was my plan. I did not want to bake in the mid evening heat. Smile The total variance in all three 60 ft times was less than .01 while swapping lanes.

They also spiced things up with some rewards for good reaction times. I think I should have won one of them, but oh well. LOL. My very first pass I had a .003 RT. As I am cooling off, I hear an announcement that any RT of .003 or better can come to the tower and collect $20. I was pumped. Went back up to the staging lanes with my ET slip in hand. Turns out, she said any RT of .003 or better "from here on" wins $20. LOL. I understand they do stuff like this at all their test and tunes. Pretty cool, in my book. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Is Galot starting over from scratch with it's crew?

From their Facebook page:

We will be holding a Job Fair for the 2018 racing season Saturday February 3rd. We will be looking for part time help for the following positions: Starting line assistance Water box Timing System Operator Staging Lanes Spectator gate attendees Over night security guard for racer gate Beer sales Gas sales attendee Restaurant: Cook Cashier You can come fill out and application from 9am-12pm.

Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Galot will be having a bracket points race this weekend (April 21-22, 2018). I did not see the gate times listed on the website, so I thought I would post that info here. Friday they will be open from 2-9 for parking only. Saturday the gates open at 8:00AM and timeruns begin at 10:00AM. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Galot will be holding two more bracket points races this weekend. July 13 and 14. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The "Cupid Classic" is this weekend (February 24-25 2024). Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Canceled due to chance of rain and cold temperatures.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Canceled due to chance of rain and cold temperatures.

I haven't been down a dragstrip all winter. Frown Nobody wanted to open up. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
CPD again next week.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Today's event at Galot is now live streaming on MMTV. Take care. Tom Worthington