DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Northeast Dragway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northeast Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
What a great race at Northeast last night, October 3, 2020. The annual Richie Bowden Memorial event. Cars in both Mod and Top completely filled the lanes back to and "around the corner". Reminded me of the good 'ol days when Northeast was doing this on a regular basis. Back, in fact, like the days when Richie Bowden himself was doing the announcing. clapping Take care. Tom Worthington

Nice too see for sure

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
What a great race at Northeast last night, October 3, 2020. The annual Richie Bowden Memorial event. Cars in both Mod and Top completely filled the lanes back to and "around the corner". Reminded me of the good 'ol days when Northeast was doing this on a regular basis. Back, in fact, like the days when Richie Bowden himself was doing the announcing. clapping Take care. Tom Worthington

Nice too see for sure

Maybe, maybe? Things could be looking up? Maybe, one day, we might see Brian Martin's name again on the Top eliminator points list at Northeast? Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

Nice too see for sure

Maybe, maybe? Things could be looking up? Maybe, one day, we might see Brian Martin's name again on the Top eliminator points list at Northeast? Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

Doubtful Tom lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They had another good turnout on Friday, Brian. Things may be looking up. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom, looks like 2 grand for you on the 21st.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Tom, looks like 2 grand for you on the 21st.

$75 entry fee? Too rich for my blood. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been away way too long... What's happening at Northeast these days?

Sincerely FAST HOT ROD
FAST HOT ROD MOTORSPORTS IS A SUBSIDIARY OF FAST HOT ENTERTAINMENT LLC

This message has been approved by the board members of FAST HOT ROD Entertainment LLC. In associan with FAST HOT ROD Motorsports ,a wholly owned subsidiary of Team Taylor Performance Motorsports

Posts: 211 | Location: HERE | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FAST HOT ROD:
Been away way too long... What's happening at Northeast these days?

Sincerely FAST HOT ROD
FAST HOT ROD MOTORSPORTS IS A SUBSIDIARY OF FAST HOT ENTERTAINMENT LLC

http://www.northeastdragway.net/schedule/

As you can see from the schedule page, there are very few "open" weekends at Northeast. We've had terrible luck with the weather. Four bracket points dates so far and three of them were r**ned out. Frown Most of the Grudge Race events have their own bracket race planned in. The individual promoters have been adding purses to a Gambler's Race format. The next specific bracket race date is July 10th. It's the "Double Deuce Shootout". Chris Cox promotes these and also pretty much makes the bracket points races happen. The old AHRA organization has been revived as a small scale Sportsman only sanctioning body. Four tracks are so far AHRA sanctioned. Northeast Dragway is one of them. One of the benefits of AHRA sanctioning is that they add a cash bonus to the bracket eliminator winners...assuming you are a current member. They also pay additional bonuses for the winner of Top if they did it without a delay box, either Top or Modified eliminator winner using a manual transmission and clutch, and anyone who makes a perfect run.

Come on by. Northeast is doing pretty well, they are open every weekend and have test and tune every Friday night (weather permitting). Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Another points race this Saturday. The weather forecast actually looks pretty good, this time around. Crossing my fingers. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another points race this Saturday. The weather forecast actually looks pretty good, this time around. Crossing my fingers. Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom....saw you there but didn't get to speak...had my Chevy Luv there making a few test passes because it's been 2yrs since I've run it and I had some new headers built.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:

Tom....saw you there but didn't get to speak...had my Chevy Luv there making a few test passes because it's been 2yrs since I've run it and I had some new headers built.

Oh man. Yeah, wish you had said hi. I hear so many folks say they don't go to the track to make friends. That is the best part, to me. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Three days in a row of AHRA goodness this weekend. "Greer Grabber" event on Friday night (Shirl Greer inspired trophy). AHRA/Northeast points races on both Saturday and Sunday. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This Saturday, April 9 2022, was the first bracket points race for Northeast. The turnout was really good. I can't put my finger on why that was, but it was great to see. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are they serious about diapers for all vehicles?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they serious about diapers for all vehicles?

Good question, Phil. I am reading mixed messages.

I will say this, though. Early in this session (I think it was this season, I'm getting a case of CRS), the track owner attended a driver's meeting and flatly stated that no four wheelers and golf carts would be allowed on the property any longer...period. This was at a meeting where the majority of driver's meeting attendees were sitting on either a four wheeler or golf cart. By the end of that day, the rule had been "amended" to no one under the age of 18 could operate a four wheeler/golf cart on the property. And then, a week or two later, the whole thing was simply forgotten. It would not surprise me if something similar were to happen in this case also. I know that posts on Facebook have already stated that vehicles in Street Eliminator will be exempt. Does that also mean street driven cars entered in Eliminators other than Street are exempt? Who knows. I'm just gonna try and keep watching, reading, and asking questions. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you post what you find out, I would appreciate it. That is a long way for me to drive to find out I can't enter both classes.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you post what you find out, I would appreciate it. That is a long way for me to drive to find out I can't enter both classes.

I race there as much as possible and I personally think it's gonna hurt them if they mandate diapers.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Right or wrong, good or bad, it appears the final decision seems to be that if you enter Mod or Top, you have to have a diaper. If you enter Street, you do not need a diaper. That is what I believe from what I asked at Northeast on 11/19/22. Your mileage may vary. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Guess I won't be seeing you at Northeast until that changes.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

I race there as much as possible and I personally think it's gonna hurt them if they mandate diapers.

I think you are right. I was running points in Top this year. Not next year. Take care. Tom Worthington