DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Northeast Dragway
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northeast Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I will pass Tom haha

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
I will pass Tom haha

Fair enough. Smile Just be sure and keep your trailer documentation up to snuff. I'm hearing that the Va. highway folks are busting drag racer ba**s. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
I will pass Tom haha

Fair enough. Smile Just be sure and keep your trailer documentation up to snuff. I'm hearing that the Va. highway folks are busting drag racer ba**s. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

Yea that is why i have zero stickers that would suggest racing.
Cops have nothing better to do like the huge drug issues...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Northeast is running the same program they did this Saturday on June 8. They were short a few cars this time, but paid the full purse anyhow.

Deja Vu for this Saturday June 8th!! The only exception is it will not be a point's race. Just like this past Saturday, Top and Mod entry will be $75 with $2,000 to winners with a 27 car count minimum each class. If there is 35 or more cars there will be round money of $15 starting 3rd round. Also there will be 1st or 2nd round buybacks for $25. Test and Tune vehicles welcome. Grab some delicious food from Captain Bobs while watching the race! Gates open 3pm with timed runs starting at 5pm.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I might try to get there. Are you going for a non-points race?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
I might try to get there. Are you going for a non-points race?

Maybe. Too early to tell. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From the Northeast website:

This Saturday's 4th point's race will payout $2000 purse in Top and Mod classes with minimum 25 car count. If there are 35 or more car count there will be round money starting 3rd round!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The result of a deer strike at 144mph, last night:

D*mn deer

Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's a hood ornament I don't want.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Northeast Dragway has joined the American Hot Rod Association (AHRA). AHRA website Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do you think they will follow AHRA rules?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think they will follow AHRA rules?

If you are referring to safety rules, I am going to be brutally honest. Any dragstrip located in NC that strictly adheres to any of the sanctioning bodies safety rules is quickly going to be out of customers. I have seen it happen to an incredible facility that inherited an overwhelmingly profitable test and tune night, and it immediately ran that crowd off. And even though they decided to finally just do in Rome what the Romans do, the damage was already done. I am pretty sure you know which one I mean. So there is that.

As for the competition rules. I have no idea. I am still trying to even understand some of those myself. Way too early to make a prediction. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No, not safety. Throttle stops and transbrakes.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, not safety. Throttle stops and transbrakes.

Just a guess, at this point. But if I were forced to place a wager, I'd bet no. Just because it would fly in the face of the way they have operated in the past. Never know, though. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NOTICE: To comply with the order of the President that was sent down to the Governor of N.C. and Sheriff of Perquimans County, the track will be shut down until further notice. This is due to not having a gathering of 10 or more. This is for the safety of everyone and to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Let's all pull together to get through this as "This too Shall Pass"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Now we are getting somewhere. Smile

Northeast Dragway will be RE-OPENING this Saturday May 30th with a Test and Tune for all vehicles! Bring your Cars, Truck, Bikes or Jr Dragsters for a fun day at the track. $25 to test for car and driver and $10 for spectators. Gates will open at 1pm with runs starting at 3pm.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The very first Northeast Dragway AHRA points race will be this coming Saturday June 20, 2020. clapping Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, the points race was rained out last Saturday, but a full bracket race (without points) will be taking place tomorrow (6/27/20). Gates open at 11:00AM and timeruns begin at 1:00PM. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Gonna try and have that very first AHRA points race this Saturday August 8 2020. Fingers crossed for the weather. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What a great race at Northeast last night, October 3, 2020. The annual Richie Bowden Memorial event. Cars in both Mod and Top completely filled the lanes back to and "around the corner". Reminded me of the good 'ol days when Northeast was doing this on a regular basis. Back, in fact, like the days when Richie Bowden himself was doing the announcing. clapping Take care. Tom Worthington