DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    RMR Salt Lake City Utah
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR Salt Lake City Utah
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of x723
posted
Last week they said about 90% chance 2018 is there last season.

Posts: 2 | Location: utah | Registered: September 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
From racing alcohol cars in the 70's at Bonneville Raceway, to announcing there with NHRA for many years, this is one of my favorite tracks. Not always for the track itself, but for the staff and fans, who are amazing!! But as the location in West Valley City used to be "way out of town", it's now almost surrounded by civilization. Hopefully the Young Auto Group, Mike, & Ron can find ground for a New RMR.

We always wondered exactly what he did, until he quit doing it!

Posts: 4 | Location: Laurel Fork, VA | Registered: June 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is a LOT of open ground in the Valley South of Salt Lake next to I-15. If they are looking for a new site for the track why not head South? That could bring some income to one of those small towns in the Valley.

Just suggesting......

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a LOT of open ground in the Valley South of Salt Lake next to I-15

Doesn't mean they want a racetrack there.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of x723
posted Hide Post
Well that 90% is now 100% 2018 is the last year.

Posts: 2 | Location: utah | Registered: September 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Wallace Cleaver
posted Hide Post
Sadly, we knew it was coming, but to see the press release stating the end is hard to comprehend. I've spent most of my 37 years on earth there, and now, in less than 10 months, it'll be all over. Maybe we get the rumored track a little west of Salt Lake eventually, but that is just talk right now. Dec 7th....a day that will live in infamy......

http://kutv.com/news/local/roc...se-after-2018-season

Multi-time First round runner up extraordinaire

Posts: 38 | Location: UT | Registered: January 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Wallace Cleaver
posted Hide Post
Saturday September 29th 2018 we said goodbye to RMR for the final time. 50 years in that location and it is now closed. More than a few tears were shed over the weekend that's for sure.

Multi-time First round runner up extraordinaire

Posts: 38 | Location: UT | Registered: January 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post