DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Brewer's Speedway. Sharpsburg NC
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brewer's Speedway. Sharpsburg NC
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Friday, September 9, 2011. This time it's for the delay box crowd (they call it "Pro" at Brewer's). $1K purse. $20 car and driver. No b*ybacks.

Gates open at 6:00. Timeruns @ 7:00. Eliminations @ about 9:00.

George Brewer has been doing this all summer and has yet to cut the purse. Also, he's been yet to get over 30 entries. He still pays the full purse and loves doing it. Only reason I see for the small turnouts is that he does absolutely no advertising and that's fine with him too. See you there. Take care. Tom Worthington.

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Friday Sept. 16, 2011. Same, same. This time it's for footbrakers (they call it "Pro Street" at Brewer's). $1K purse. $20 car and driver. No b*ybacks.

Gates open at 6:00. Timeruns @ 7:00. Eliminations @ about 9:00.

George Brewer has been doing this all summer and has yet to cut the purse. Also, he's been yet to get over 30 entries. He still pays the full purse and loves doing it. Only reason I see for the small turnouts is that he does absolutely no advertising and that's fine with him too. See you there. Take care. Tom Worthington.

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Lonnie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Tom, I'll try and make the race and try to bring along another racer to.
Lonnie

Lonnie Jackson

Posts: 77 | Location: Linden, NC | Registered: December 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan, LJ. Here is more Brewer's info, in case anyone needs it.

Brewer's Speedway.
6728 Reedy Branch Road
Elm City, NC 27822
252 446 2631

Latitude: 35.83740
Longitude: -77.82084

Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Last night another short field (15 or 16 cars) and another full purse paid. George Brewer spent the night in the house, due to his recent knee replacement surgery. However, the show went on.

Billy Baker won over Shawn Carpenter in a silly final round. Both guys run in the 5 second range and both guys dialed 7.00. I know ya'll just did it for kicks, but I also still think you guys are goofy. Wink

Next Friday is for footbrakers. Same deal as always. Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, George continues to amaze us. Another VERY short field, 11 cars total. And yet, he paid out the full $1,000.

This time, it rained following the completion of first round. $1,000 was split between the remaining 6 cars...to the penny. I got $166.66 for winning one round. How is that for "round money"? Smile Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Friday, May 11th, Brewer's will be having another bracket race. This one is for "Pro" (delay box). No other details, but I assume it will be a very similar format to last year's races. Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Friday, June 8, 2012 will be another delay box bracket race. Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Better turnout, last night. And yes, he is still paying the full $1,000 purse for a $20 car and driver entry fee. Next Friday, June 15, will be a footbrake race (called "Pro Street" @ Brewer's). Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Better turnout at last night's Footbrake race, too. I wasn't expecting that. Many of the footbrakers go ahead and enter the Delay Box race, but not as many Delay Box guys pull the box to enter on Footbrake night. Once again, $20 to enter and a full $1,000 payout.

Seems like it's settled in at about 24 entries, each night, regardless of whether it's Delay Box ("Pro") or Footbrake ("Pro Street") night. Plenty of test and tune cars and the number of spectators is off the charts. I'd hate to even estimate it, cause I'm sure I'd be way off, one way or the other. Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Friday, July 13th. "Pro" (delay box) @ Brewer's. Friday, July 20th. "Pro Street" (footbrake) @ Brewer's. Take care. Tom Worthington.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
George Brewer has continued his Friday night bracket races for quite awhile now. He's gonna try something a little different on Saturday, November 23, 2013.

Instead of the usual $1,000 total purse, this one is going to be $2,000. Entry fee will be $50 and no b*ybacks. While he isn't specifically advertising the purse as guaranteed, he's never cut the $1,000 Friday night purse...even though he's never collected anywhere near enough entry fees to get close to covering it. In fact, the most I've seen enter one of those is around 25.

This will be all-run. Any dial-in. Delay box or not. Whatever you want. My guess is that there will be less than 32 entries at this one. That would mean 5 rounds to win, probably 3 rounds to get into the money. No round money, no second place money. $2,000 split up any way the participants want.

George wants to open the gates around noon and get eliminations started around 3:00. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the final round completed by 7:00PM. I plan to be there, footbraking, if anybody needs a freebie round. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Brewer's held their race this afternoon. Box or not, any dial-in. $50 entry. No b*ybacks. $2,000. Winner take all.

There were 28 cars, first round. It was about a 50/50 split between footbrake and box entries. By the semi-final, there were 3 footbrakers and one box user. In the final, it was two footbrake cars, and one of them was using a four speed manual transmission.

Eric Eman won the final, running a 6.485 on a 6.48 dial, in his Vega. Cameron Collins (driving a Stock Eliminator legal G/S 69 Camaro) broke out with a 7.075 on a 7.09 dial. Cameron took a fair amount of stripe (from my angle), so I suspect the reaction times were somewhat close.

Once again, the full payout was paid. That should pretty much do it for the 2013 bracket racing at Brewer's. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Next race?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Also wanting to know when next race is scheduled?

HR901

Posts: 19 | Location: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
D*mn. Sorry. I didn't think anyone was reading these posts.

Brewers seems to be on a fairly predictable schedule these days. The first Friday of each month, they are completely closed. The second Friday is a test and tune, along with a Top Eliminator bracket race (typically called "Pro" @ Brewers). The third Friday is a test and tune along with a Modified Eliminator (typically called "Pro Street") bracket race. Same entry fee/purse as before. They still haven't cut a single purse.

I'll try and do a better job of posting up dates, as they get close. Again, I thought this forum area was being ignored. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Brewers will be CLOSED this Friday (August 8, 2014). Tentative plan is to have a bracket race on the following Friday (August 15), but check first. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone. Footbrake bracket race is on for this Friday night (August 15, 2014). Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow's (Friday, August 22, 2014) bracket race is on. It is for Top Eliminator (delay box) entries. Of course, you aren't required to run a box. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Last night's final round was Roger Rhoades over a redlighting William "Jaws" Alston. Both of them were footbraking. Big Grin

Next Friday (August 29, 2014) will not be a bracket race. There will be a 4.90 index eliminator, along with the regular test and tune. Take care. Tom Worthington