DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whether you schedule on top of each other or split it, I don't see a major change in car count at either facility.

I guess we wont ever know for sure?
We don't travel much, like a lot of you guys do, however I do like to hit a different track or two after the points season is over and just kind of think it silly to continue year after year to schedule these two races so close on the same weekend - no mater who had the race on that weekend first.
Banging Head

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The reality of it is there are only a handful of guys that will travel away from QCMP to go to PRP and not many that leave PRP to travel to QCMP. Whether it be the tow, the schedule or the track itself, it is what it is.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well once again triple nickle come on here and starts a conflict then run and hides. He doesn't even race at these tracks that I know of so he should stay in his hiding spot.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Mike, but it still hurts to lose a fellow racer, especially so young. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Motorcycle racer Mike Steetle passed away

Mike Steetle, motorcycle racer,lost his battle with cancer on Sunday. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mike's family, friends, and fellow riders. Here are the arrangements:
http://rbfh.net/book-of-memori.../service-details.php

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Well once again triple nickle come on here and starts a conflict then run and hides.

Just because I don't live on the forums, doesn't mean I 'run and hide'.

As for "starts a conflict", last year there was a big battle between the PRP-ers and the QCMP-ers over who posted their schedule for the Halloween event first.

This year it is clear. PRP announced their event's dates first. QCMP decided (as is their right) to schedule on the same weekend.

I don't know that there is a racer in this area who doesn't hope that tracks will work TOGETHER on their scheduling as to not put on big events that conflict with each other.

I give Billy Bader credit for coming out what seems like a little earlier each year with the key dates (or even full schedule) for the following season at Norwalk.

It helps the racers and should help the fellow track owners when it comes to making some of their season plans.

quote:
He doesn't even race at these tracks that I know of so he should stay in his hiding spot.

I'm glad to see that you included the "that I know of" part.

It saved you some embarrassment.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well don't forget Thompson has their own thing too so someone is bound to get their toes stepped on. Quakers fall race is thriving so why should they change?
Bader can schedule whenever he wants and people will come so don't include him in this conversation.
So how many times did you visit quaker this past year to race? and how many times to Pittsburgh? Please embarrass me.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
QC had enough cars to be forced from 1000' to 1/8, so I'm not sure that facility would be able to handle many more cars with their current efficiency level.

Not to mention, even with going to 1/8, we didn't finish up Friday night until 4AM, and saturday was a split because of noise complaints.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
QC had enough cars to be forced from 1000' to 1/8, so I'm not sure that facility would be able to handle many more cars with their current efficiency level.

Not to mention, even with going to 1/8, we didn't finish up Friday night until 4AM, and saturday was a split because of noise complaints.

Car count didn't force that, it was the track's decision with weather. Noise complaints didn't create a split at quaker either. They are not zoned and have no curfew. Again, the racers decided on the split when the track asked about the cold conditions in the lanes. The efficiency issue is the reason that weather became an issue so late into the night.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shawn is correct and if you paid any attention they split the box cars and kept running the nobox cars so obviously not a noise issue. Also I don't agree totally with the saying the racers decided to split because that decision was made before the racers were asked about a split and before all the racers were even in the lanes to be asked, I know cause I was one of them still in.
With gas prices going down and if they stay down then the efficiency issue may have me running Norwalk this year. I don't want to do those long hauls but for a track to keep adding more to their plate when they haven't figured out how to keep up with what they already got I am getting tired of it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers going out to Tony Hager Sr, and his family. Tony's dad passed away last night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:

Car count didn't force that, it was the track's decision with weather. Noise complaints didn't create a split at quaker either. They are not zoned and have no curfew. Again, the racers decided on the split when the track asked about the cold conditions in the lanes. The efficiency issue is the reason that weather became an issue so late into the night.

Norm Fox said to me while I was buying fuel that the car count forced the change. In my opinion, with the way QC handles their program, they don't benefit at all going to 1/8 from 1/4 as far as number of cars down the track. Maybe they keep track of this, but when I was timing it, they took their time and didn't take advantage of the shorter runs.

Police pulled into the staging lanes Saturday and stated locals called multiple times and complained both nights. They split at 18 cars after that in NoBox so I assumed it was those complaints that forced that. Either way, 4AM finish for a 400 car field? Somethings not running smoothly.

quote:
Shawn is correct and if you paid any attention they split the box cars and kept running the nobox cars so obviously not a noise issue. Also I don't agree totally with the saying the racers decided to split because that decision was made before the racers were asked about a split and before all the racers were even in the lanes to be asked, I know cause I was one of them still in.
With gas prices going down and if they stay down then the efficiency issue may have me running Norwalk this year. I don't want to do those long hauls but for a track to keep adding more to their plate when they haven't figured out how to keep up with what they already got I am getting tired of it.

I was talking about the Saturday splits, not Friday.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am talking about the saturday split. I wasn't there friday.
I am also pretty sure they ran down to less than six car in nobox. I think they ran two more rounds after the box split.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am talking about the saturday split. I wasn't there friday.
I am also pretty sure they ran down to less than six car in nobox. I think they ran two more rounds after the box split.

That is correct. I was in the staging lanes at 18 with calculator in hand figuring the split and don't recall seeing police there besides those that had cruised thru a couple times during the day as they do during big events.

It was announced and told to us as we pulled into the lanes that due to the quick temp drops that they were switching. But this is par from the course out there. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing so you will never get a straight answer. Same as 1 weekend they wouldn't answer the question about Top running 1/8 mile next year but they had no issues telling people a few weeks later but now won't answer the question on their website.

Just curious but as a PRP racer, why did you go to QCMP?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
question for you PRP Guys since Quaker city doenst have any more Q16 racing. Which is stupid imp. I would like to know if PRP is going to have any fast meets?

I was a main sponsor to the Q16 series and it was actually a nice deal when the track was running smooth. so if anybody want to maybe start a series at PRP Please let me know. i am more than interested in being a sponsor. thank you.

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sorry to burst any ones bubble but Q16 is not off the books at quaker just yet. Yes I have lost some sponsers but i'am working hard to keep this thing going. For sure be some changes in the format, payout, entry fee's . kinda waiting for feedback from Thompson, prp and 42 as to what there schedules are like. I know waiting is not always the way to go but if you ask Greg or norm about running a race track they would say it ain'nt all what it's cracked up to be. If any body out prp's way can help feel free to call norm or myself at 724-695-0188.Lets work together. we need both tracks running.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honestly for the Halloween race I went to QCMP because they posted they were running 1000' instead of 1/8.

QCMP is 20+ miles further for me, but its a much easier tow (corn fields and small towns vs. Murrysville traffic lights and towning through two Pittsburgh tunnels).

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:

QCMP is 20+ miles further for me, but its a much easier tow (corn fields and small towns vs. Murrysville traffic lights and towning through two Pittsburgh tunnels).

That's some of our biggest debate on coming to PRP. The turnpike fees and the traffic lights suck. Great track but just a terrible drive to get to.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I started racing at the old keystone racway
back in 1973. stole my dads 67 one wheely peely lemans. Just always had something for that track. The drive is a lot better now then back then. You are right about the quake. It's a much easier tow for us old foggys that like get to where were going with out any hassle.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Last year towing home from an event, some jackass ran a redlight just past Sheetz and caused me to smash into the rear of his car. Luckily the accident was straight on and there wasn't any jackknifing(sp). Needless to say I look at that entire strip of William Penn a whole lot differently now.

PRP can't change where I live so that's my problem...and I think they run a pretty good program that makes the trip out worth it.