DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
John Koziel - JK Fabrication
Chris Dutkewycz - CD Fabrication

They do good work also.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
I am looking at a new car that needs a set of side exit headers made.
Who around here will do a nice job? Thanks.

Orie Gallo local Keystone racer made my headers

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Clint, bring home some conduit and a bender. We should have no problem making a set.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dale flexable conduit works best! Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Or I could sell you a brand new car with headers. Hum

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
For anyone that did not see this post on Facebook or on QCMP's website, it is a sad time for racers in the area and anyone that knows Keith or his dad, knew what a great guy his dad was.....God Speed.

Deepest Sympathy

Quaker City has lost one of its racers. Gerald E. Gerlach passed away this past week. The QCMP would like to send our deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Gerald E. Gerlach, 74, of Lakemore, passed away on November 25, 2016. He was born in Letart, WV to the late Clyde and Vella Gerlach. He retired from Sonoco Paper Products after 37 years of service. Gerald was involved in drag racing for many years, as a racer and then as crew chief for his son, Keith. He also enjoyed bowling, and working on cars. He was a member of Mogadore Moose Lodge #1082.

Gerald was preceded in death by his son, Wesley. He is survived by his loving wife of 56 years, Linda; children, Beverly (Chris) Johnson and Keith Gerlach; grandchildren, Chandler and Jared Johnson.

Family will receive friends on Tuesday November 29, 2016 from 5-8pm at Newcomer Funeral Home 131 N. Canton Rd. Akron, OH 44305. Private burial will be held at a later date.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences to Keith and his family. I can't imagine what they're going through.
Praying

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Some known dates for 2017:

Friday, January 20-Sunday, January 22 - We will have a display at the annual World of Wheels car show, held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh.

Saturday, April 1 - opening day of the 2017 season, test and tune

Friday, June 16-Sunday, June 18 - BGR Championship Series 13th annual Curt George Memorial Race.

Friday, July 28-Sunday, July 30 - CARS Protection Plus 660 Top Bulb Nationals

Sunday, August 20 - K&L Motorsports Pittsburgh Classic - All VW day. All VW Car show, swap meet & Drag Racing

Saturday, August 26 - Night Of Fire

Saturday, September 23-Sunday, September 24 - PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals

Friday, October 6 - Sunday, October 8 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads

Thursday, October 12 - Sunday, October 15 - SBRA Bracket Finals at Mason Dixon Dragway

Friday, January 20-Sunday, January 22 - We will have a display at the annual World of Wheels car show, held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh.

Saturday, April 1 - opening day of the 2017 season, test and tune

Friday, June 16-Sunday, June 18 - BGR Championship Series 13th annual Curt George Memorial Race.

Friday, July 28-Sunday, July 30 - CARS Protection Plus 660 Top Bulb Nationals

Sunday, August 20 - K&L Motorsports Pittsburgh Classic - All VW day. All VW Car show, swap meet & Drag Racing

Saturday, August 26 - Night Of Fire

Saturday, September 23-Sunday, September 24 - PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals

Friday, October 6 - Sunday, October 8 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads

Thursday, October 12 - Sunday, October 15 - SBRA Bracket Finals at Mason Dixon Dragway

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you have the 660 bottom bulb race again this year.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If they were, you'd think it be good business to state it now. I am thinking it wont happen. Unfortunately not nearly enough home track racers supported this event.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of wvdragracer
posted Hide Post
I agree Ranger. That race has a lot of potential & I think with a little tweaking of the Entry & Payout it would draw the same crowd, plus a lot of the locals. Keep the entry $200 or under & adjust Payouts accordingly? Maybe $5,000 each day instead of 10,000 Or 5,10,5. 3 10's was a big gamble for the track, & the weather did not help matters any.

Posts: 19 | Location: Mannington WV | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree with you as well wvracer. Several good points. Unfortunately i dont see Greg doing it again. Going to try my luck at kil kare bottom race this yr. can't wait!

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Scott, LR, I'm hoping something works out. If it does, I don't think it will be 3 $10k's.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Im totally fine if its not 3-10's.. It be bice if he did do something. Even 2,500-5-2,500.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I would just like to NOT scatter my junk all over the 660 line this year....lol

Seriously, the weather had something to do with it and maybe the price was steep. Did anyone poll the racers that attended the event to find out what they liked, and what they didn't like, and then compare that to those that chose to not attend the event but typically does attend events like this? That would be great intelligence. I would like to see some sort of bottom bulb event at the track.

BTW, Merry Christmas.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No shutdown at work this fall so I would be there if they have it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jim, I hope you don't scatter anything anywhere this year. You're due for a little luck your way on that car.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. I think we will be fine this year....if not, there will be a monte carlo for sale.....CHEAP....lol.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
This will be a cool event to see!

http://funnycarnationals.com/new-home-for-the-fcn/

New Home for the FCN

The 2017 Pace Performance Funny Car Nationals moves to Keystone Raceway Park
KRP’s 50th Anniversary Includes the 10th Annual Funny Car Show

Akron, OH, January 2, 2017– The Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit’s annual open competition event for nostalgia alcohol funny car racing enters its 10th year in 2017. To help expand the event into the future the 2017 Pace Performance Funny Car Nationals will be held on Saturday, July 15th at Keystone Raceway Park in New Alexandria, PA.

A storied and ever-improving racetrack and facility, KRP is perfectly suited and excited to help grow the event each year. Located just outside of Pittsburgh, the track is ideally situated to comfortably accommodate many spectators coming in from several adjacent states.

“This being the 50th anniversary of the track we are happy to team up with the GLNFCC and pour in the effort necessary to make this one of the biggest and best events of the year. We look forward to embarking on this new chapter of the Funny Car Nationals highlighting the alcohol funny cars from the 70’s.” - Greg Miller, President, Keystone Raceway Park

The event is building up to be the best yet and will feature over 32 classic alcohol funny cars that everyone remembers: the Chevrolet Corvette, Plymouth ‘Cuda, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Vega, Dodge Charger, Pontiac Trans Am and many more.

Don’t miss Funny Cars under the lights! Exciting side-by-side drag racing down the full quarter mile like the old days. Nostalgia Funny Car teams from all over the country will travel distances to compete at the FCN bringing their best to find out who’s the king.

You’ll see long burnouts, dry hops and thundering engines like supercharged and injected, methanol-burning big block Hemis to small block Chevys! You can check out the beautiful funny cars up close in the pits, stream some live videos, snap lots of photos, meet the driver and crew, get handouts signed and buy t-shirts and gear to cheer on your favorite teams.

“This year’s event is going to be the best one yet. We’ll be announcing more details on the show including the list of the appearing Funny Cars, Drag Racing Stars, manufacturers and vendors. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page.” - Dennis Salzwimmer, President, Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit

Thank you to owner Norm Fox and Quaker City Motorsports Park in Salem, Ohio for playing host track for the past 3 years. QCMP will continue to have GLNFCC funny cars at their events including the Nostalgia Classic.

Pace Performance is again the presenter of the 2017 event. Pace sells performance engines and parts and provides excellent customer service for LS engine conversions. Additionally, the co-sponsors returning for 2017 include Good Vibrations Motorsports, Peak Antifreeze & Coolant, S&W Race Cars, Seals-It, BlueDEF, Total Flow Products, Sylvanson.com, Lowlife Kustomz and more.

# # #

If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Dennis Salzwimmer at (330) 699-8963, email at info@glnfcc.com or visit www.funnycarnationals.com and www.glnfcc.com for more details on the event and the group.

For details on Keystone Raceway Park contact their offices at (724) 668-7600 or visit www.keystoneracewaypark.com for information including directions, accommodations, the event schedule and more.

Pace Performance is the source for Custom GM, Chevy and LS Performance crate engines and sales of performance parts for engines with brands including Edelbrock, Holley, Proform and others. Visit www.paceperformance.com