DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Triple nickel,
Greg Miller announced at the drivers meeting that the payouts were produced with a minimun of 75 cars in mind. No, you will not find it in writing..........

Thank you for the background information.

Others who have posted have not provided any source or the context in which this figure was communicated.

quote:
sort of like the guaranteed purse on Dragway 42s site with $1000 dollars beside it. Oh by the way in small print there has to be a minimal car count or its pro rated....and it might be a combo.

Good advertising skills...well sort of.

???

Feel free to check both the website art and the event flyer where BOTH CLEARLY SHOW that Saturday's and Sunday's $1,000 To Win races on the Memorial Day weekend were BOX/NO BOX COMBOS and they were GUARANTEED PAYOUTS REGARDLESS OF CAR COUNT.

http://www.dragway42.com/image...morialDay490x250.gif

and

http://www.dragway42.com/pdf/2010MemDayWknd.pdf

You might also want to double check yourself before claiming something about "small print" regarding car count.

Even for the 10 Summit SuperSeries events, the "Top" and "Mod" classes both CLEARLY LIST... IN THE SAME SIZE FONT the class payouts with the $25 car/driver entry fees their own, separate payouts of:

========
$1,000 Win • $300 Runner-Up • $50 Semi-Finals
$10 Round Money starting with racer's 2nd round win of the event
With 64 or more entries

$500 Win • $200 Runner-Up
$10 Round Money starting with racer's 2nd round win of the event
With less than 64 entries
========

http://www.dragway42.com/classinfo/index.html

D42's SSS racers find it pretty easy to understand.

1-63 entries in class... here is the payout.

64 or more entries in class... here is the payout.

No muss, no fuss, no drama.

quote:
Remember the full purse was payed FRI, SAT, I raced for the $5000 Sunday and ok mondays pay was a little skinny. Was it wrong..maybe but I think the guy worked his rear off to bring a big money race to his track. Hats off to Greg.

just my opinion
LJ

I'll agree with both of your statements.

'Was it wrong? Maybe'

Perhaps the full payouts for the 1st half of the weekend, but not doing the same for the 2nd half is part of people's beef.

'Hats off to Greg'

Promoting is a tough business, that is why so few people are successful at it. Unfortunately, mis-steps (especially when it comes to promises made to racers regarding payouts and entry fees to get them to attend) have long lasting consequences.

It is important to make sure you are prepared to live up to your commitment, even in the face of a 'worst case scenario', before making those promises. Not doing so makes it harder on you, your contemporaries, and those who may stand in your spot in the future.

Hats off to Greg for trying. I wish that the end result had been different, for all parties concerned.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, the grown ups are trying to have a conversation. This is a web forum, and guess what people do on a forum? We post, you retard. If you don't like what you're reading, maybe you can close your eyes real tight, stick your fingers in your ears, scream na na na na over and over, and stomp your feet real hard. Holy crap, I've never seen anything like this before coming from aadult. It's pretty bad when the most immature person you know is scolding you. You should give yellow bullet a try, you'd fit in perfect over there.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
haha wow. i had a good weekend. glad it didnt rain that was a plus. hott as hell but like i said no rain...cant blame the pay cut it really sucked but holly crap no body showed up! couldnt ask for a more perfect weather looking weekend and no body comes. so pay cut was expected and it wasnt so bad. seeing as how it was only a 6 round race, damn 4th round felt great freaking no cars left, Wink although i had an unlucky weekend and had steam poor from my brain and wanted to blow something up! weekend even though im broke as hell now, left negative, (did win uncles money back in shootout tho) it was still a fun weekend...

and my only suggestion that i feel i should say as far a track ideas, is like the doorman said, LOWER the spectator entry fee for all event, it cant be a loss, because if your getting none now, then lowering the price and GAINING customers will eventually pay more...u got 100 ppl willin to watch at 20bucks ,$2gs, u get just say double if u make it 10bucks which is also $2gs, BUT each person there has the choice to buy FOOD-drinks on a hott day $$- BUY gifts$$ maybe get fuel for something while they are there if you advertise the racefuel more. also some may be interested to run there car even once they come and see this and see that you can run w\e the hell you want pretty much...just adds up, the more ppl there, the better chance they buy things, and come back for more...

e

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Dam Tony U R a mindreader.
What's he smoking ??

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i didnt mean to start any drama here. i wasnt talking about prest or the reasbecks or even tony. i just had to get that off my chest. greg is trying his hardest and we gotta support him. i will gladly be v/p tony lol. DEAN...no problem on the help...i was happy just talking to you about racing and not about chevys. lets move on to this weekend and keep supporting the track. the past is the past and it is what it is. i was happy just running my truck in no box. i was the slowest in the class but i was having a blast...which is what i think everyone is forgetting about. racing is a drug. i know i spend way too much on the sport but its better than spending that money on drugs or something stupid. just get out to the track and have fun...thats what its all about yo

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of casper gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Most important, in the real world, deepest and most sincere condolences to the Romeo family, as Frank's mom/Kevin & Mark's grandmother passed away Saturday.

Ok, let's deal with the negative first...

Larry, it was a human error that the online schedule said June 6 for the make up day. The points sign up sheet listed the correct day of June 13, and the online schedule was corrected when the mismatch was discovered. All other make up days scheduled are correct. I don't know what you mean about unnecessary rainouts. On weekends at least, it's rained every time that the track called off the day. There has been 1 points day so far, and only 2 of regular racing. To base a whole season off of this would be premature, in my opinion, but best of luck to you in your other interests.

first things first, my sencere condolances to the Romeo family on your loss.

Chuck, as to the make up day, it was just a question, no big deal. as to the other things, most important is the frustration that I have always done what I could to support Keystone/PRP(which I have considered my home track since I started racing there 20 years ago, although I take time off now & then) & it seems like every year, the little guys get pushed further & further on the back burner. I agree with others in this thread that going to a lower entry fee & moving the program along will go a long way towards helping the bottom line.
I apriciate your mention that people shouldn't stir this up on the internet, but aside from a select few, how are the rest of us supposed to get their point heard? that I know of, myself & at least 2 others have been leaving Greg messages for the past few weeks with no return calls/etc, so what options do we have?
I am not abandoning PRP in anyway, just would like to see some changes for the better.
as to my season/other intrests, quite simply I have decided to do the NMRA tour starting (hopefully) with Milan Mich. on the 11th & 12th, & will still be up as often as possible to support the cause/sort the car out.

Posts: 12 | Location: Creighton Pa | Registered: April 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Tony, if your such a big supporter of the track why won't you turn the nitrous on and come out for the pro mod show this friday? That would be supporting the track and helping to put on a good show. You and Gino have amazing nice cars and could put on a good show and run some fast numbers. Are you coming out to support the show and track this friday?

Tony you were the main reason why the chat room was removed from the PRP website and never turned back on. I guess you should be proud about that. Dude give it a rest already with the constant negativity.

Adult conversation, thats a joke its a bunch of keyboard tough guys on here. What do you expect to come out of these bashing postings? If you feel the need to get your point across, email greg directly. He is a very busy guy and if he does not get back to you i am sure there is a good reason. If you expect Mike or Greg to get on here and go Wow tripple nickle you and Tony were right, we didn't think of that thank you so much. NOT... Do you really thing ANYTHING you post on here will have any positive affect NO. Greg will not read it and neither will Mike T so bash away as your only boasting your own EGO's of how right you think you are when in fact its the total opposite.

The race is over give it a break and let it rest and move on to a new topic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turk,

Bill Turk

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is everyone ready to get back to the track for some bracket racing action Tomorrow? The forecast doesnt look too bad only a chance of rain in the afternoon.

Saturday the rain should be out by 1PM so we should be good to go for the 2nd day of points.

This has been a nice short week off from racing for me. It seems like we were at the track just yesterday.

See some of you tomorrow and everybody else on Saturday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I thought Bill either went all Jack Nicholson from "The Shining" or was trying to boost his post count. Or both. Big Grin

I'm ready to build a freakin' tire fire at the track, to open our own hole in the ozone so we can have a forecast that doesn't have that stupid R word in it. Let's all go back to bashing on Mother Nature. She's been awfully mean to us.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Bill and Fag, come see me at the track....I'm gonna give out some hugs ok? That always helps.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
hug

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Actually Bob i want to Hug that Hot VW you have... My dream car

hug

Bill Turk

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I am pleased to see that you took the time to edit your post. The part you took out, where you attacked me personally, was really not necessary. Why you would type some of that stuff in the first place shows me what you really think of me. Frankly, your true colors shown through and it is disappointing. At least you had the sense to remove that portion so that everyone would not see it.

Each racer makes the decisions on how they can best support the track. My brother and I have no interest in running a heads up race that we don’t have a chance in hell of winning (that’s with all of our nitrous turned on). Besides that, it involves a lot more work and money to run that fast. However, I still support the Pro Mods. A portion of the $1,000 first 3 second run bounty is coming from me and I don’t even race in the series. I have in the past sponsored race days and will do so in the future. Have you ever just given money to the track without expecting anything in return?

The real issue here, Bill, is that people come on this forum to talk about racing good or bad. No one needs to take this criticism so personally that they get worked up into a lather. Especially a lather so thick that it causes them to post 3 pages of smiley faces because they don’t like what they are reading.

Greg is doing a great job, and his effort is outstanding. Some people don’t like a decision he made recently. That will happen from time to time. He should not take it personally. No one is attacking him personally. No one is attacking you personally.

You’re upset because people continue to talk about it. This is the “internet”, Bill (perhaps you know it as the World Wide Web). People debate on internet forums. That is a fact of life these days. I have never suggested that track personnel should read this and use it to guide their decision making.

This topic will die on it’s own. Relax, have a cream soda, and stay away from the smiley face button.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony, thank you for saying something about the childishness on here. It was getting annoying.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I want a hug too Wave. I am excited for somemore points actions this weekend. I also plan on being there Friday. I cant believe its time to go back to the track already I feel like I just left. I raced Monday, worked three days now Im back off Friday-Sunday Tongue

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I love Bob's VW too, but man its not made for everyone.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Haha, thats my new background picture. BTW, it's Karens car, not mine.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was going to say, it's Karen's, not Bob's. After that ride, I'm betting she has hid the keys from Bob forever. Big Grin

My first car was a '71 Super Beetle, so that ride brought back some memories. I once had 9 people in it, after a dance in high school. That was a long time and a ton of wings and a faster metabolism ago. Big Grin
Laughing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
In case some folks here never entered the Sportsman picks, here's the link:

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...0652/m/547107083/p/1

Deadline for this week is tonight. It's free to enter, and you can win cool stuff. This is where my 3 DRR tshirts have come from, along with a 3-D merge carb spacer, and a clock from the Hot Rod Garage.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
Do you really thing ANYTHING you post on here will have any positive affect NO. Greg will not read it and neither will Mike T....
The race is over give it a break and let it rest and move on to a new topic.

That is a pretty good summary of how suggestions or Racer input seems to be handled at PRP. Pretty much the "we know what we are doing and how to run a program, You [the racers] don't, and We don't care what you think, just deal with it".

I woudl think management would be reaching out to as many long time track participants as practical asking for input adn constructive critisms to make the track a better place. Instead, the issues just get ignored in hopes that they will go away and solve themselves.

I can remember a few times a while back when some problems were addressed with yelling and screaming right in the staging lanes and the end result was someone getting thrown out of the track. Was that the right way to handle the situation, perhaps not, but at least the issues got addressed one way or another and not just ignored.

Many people have offered suggestions, hoever there is no real method of contact. Perhaps a suggestion box at the track or an open call for suggestions is in order.

Sure there will be idiots who draw pictures of pee pees and just write the words "Suck It" or "Your Mom is Fat", but those just get pitched up front. Maybe even have someone go through them and throw those out before even getting into the hands of management.

If anyone who is prepared to take suggestions into account wants to discuss potential ways to make PRP better, feel free to contact me and I will contact others from the Bike crowd to get their input. Kyle Reasbeck can head up the suggestion gathering from He and his Mopar buddies...

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post