DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 'bout them Iron Mans? plan on going back to running NHRA next year i'd like to have another iron man for the showcase Originally posted by Matt W.:
Yeah, 'bout them Iron Mans?[/QUOTE]

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W.:
Yeah, 'bout them Iron Mans?

Matt, they are now in my living room, on the entertainment center... well, the Bike one is now part of the entertainment center, because it had to replace one of the cinder blocks. You bring me a cinder block, I'll give you the Iron Man.

Actually, they're being handled by top men.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Hah nice one Chuck. Iron Man trophies will be next aisle over from the Ark of the Covenant and between the alien in metal box.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Top. Men. Big Grin

I wanted to find the Peter Griffin/Family Guy one also, but came up empty on my quick search.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Be very quiet. I see blue sky here in Wexford.

And there is the sun, it does exist Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Galanda,

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
not sure what it will cost to keep chuck on the mic. but i will be the first one to donate

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Can someone tell me the price for Methanol at the track and does it have top lube in it?

Need to know whether to make the space for a drum of Methanol or to buy it there while at the bracket finals.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
not sure what it will cost to keep chuck on the mic. but i will be the first one to donate

Me too!!!! Chuck T is awesome on the mic, I actually could hear what was going on and knew where we needed to be and when! Nice change!!!!

Posts: 11 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well this weekend you will just need to be at your trailer loading up!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any idea as to the cost for S/SS and the 422 All Stars at the PID Reunion?

The only thing I see as far as entry fee is for Hot Rod Eliminator (unless thats the same entry fee as above ref), and spectators.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
422 All Stars is their own group, I believe. As in, booked in show, like the funny cars and Southern Slingshots. The Tri State Stock/Super Stock Association, I think have to be legal Stock/Super Stock combos. Mike Carr is head of the group, and I bet he will chime in here.

Steve Reasbeck, can you post the NSS rules? Might be an option as well for A39.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
Tri-State S/SS Association is for legal NHRA and IHRA S/SS cars as well as Nostalgia/SS. Entry for Tri-State S/SS is $100 Saturday and $50 Sunday. Both races 100% payback; third round loser each day gets their entry back and round money doubles each round. We had 27 cars at our last event at Quaker City last month, a $100 race, paid $1,250 win, 650 R/U, 250 semis and 100 1/4s (3rd round). The $50 race would pay half that roughly. We have $100 bonus into the Saturday purse and $50 into the Sunday purse. Plus the winner each day gets a prize package of stuff from www.robertsfamilymotorsports.com

Any/all information on our series can be found at http://classracer.com/classfor...orumdisplay.php?f=28

Any other questions, just ask.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
STEVE, STEVE, STEVE.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
cheaper from your supplier jim!!or i know a guy for the same as dion in murrysville that sells alky!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Jim you have a PM.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The 422 All Stars are the premier NSS circuit on the east coast. It is a footbrake only (no transbrakes/electronics) big block only class for cars produced in that era, which seems fitting at a nostalgia event. They run a .4 tree (less redlights); dial to the nearest .05.
You will race cars from that era, only. You won't have to race a 2001 Cavalier with a big dollar small block at a nostalgia race. It will be only true Nostalgia cars. They like the cars lettered up, will not enforce it for first time racers, to give it a shot. The field will include some of the cars you oldsters will remember, Dyno Don Nicholson's Comets, Sox & Martin's 68 Cuda, the Bob Banning Dodges, Al Joniec's R Code Galaxies.

Cost $100 to race, they pay $1500 to win, $750 to runnerup, and pay back real good. Usually, they even feed you, as well. Great group of guys, a lot of the old "legends" are around.

Ronnie McClelland runner upped at their last event at MIR over the weekend, and they are really, really looking forward to race at Pittsburgh.....they are really hoping to see some new faces racing with them (if anyone knows Billy Krause, the Mopar Madness cars would probably like it real well).

Highly recommend it for all NSS racers. Ronnie and I race with them a lot, and are hooked. Check out their site...

www.422allstars.com

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, are you guys running an NSS class also, or is the 422 race the NSS class?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not this year, we're going to let Dink Bishop and Rich LaMont, who run the 422 deal, run the program.

I highly encourage everyone who raced with us last year to enter and race with the 422 guys. They always have an open invitation, and are great, great guys. I know the entry is a bit more than we charged, but so is the payouts and the benefits. They pay everything back. It would be cool to see some of the guys from Ohio come back, sort of an east/west NSS showdown.

The perfect fit for a Nostalgia race. You won't find any high winding, small block Cavaliers or any hybrids. Everything will be indicitive of the era they raced in. As Dink likes to say "nothing that came over on a boat, nothing with slicks on the wrong end of the car".

One of my most cherished pictures on my wall is racing the Sox & Martin 68 Cuda at Beaver Springs.

lThis is the final event for them, in a hoty contested points battle, (they pay $5K for the points champ), and should be a good one. Lets get some other locals other than Ronnie, Kyle, and myself out there. You won't regret it.

www.422allstars.com

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
I am looking at the 2015 IHRA NitroJam schedule and see that PRP is not on there.

http://www.cycledrag.com/ihra-...cing-series-schedule

I remember that there was tremendous excitement when the Pro show first came to town a few years ago.

It it something that runs its course after a while, then needs some time away to rekindle the interest of the local media and the casual fan?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to Barry and Josh Barnett. Barney Barnett succumbed to complications of treatment for mesothelioma on Friday.
http://www.welchfh.com/obits/obituary.php?id=498548