DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Any details on the Keystone/PID reunion? Flier link doesn't work. Thanks

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jim, it's essentially the same as its been. One change is Hot Rod Eliminator will be 1 time trial on Saturday, and there are fireworks Saturday night. Look for the flyer on the KRP FB and website by this evening.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Busy weekend and week. In case anyone missed it, Ken Reesman passed away Sunday. No arrangement details as yet, as far as I know.

Saturday was an exciting day for the last points day. Street, Modified, and Top were all up for grabs, as well as the bracket final spots and finish positions. Congrats to the champs:

Silver Mine Collectibles Jr. Dragster-
Thomas Wybiral (8-11)
Jamie McBride Jr. (12-17)
Millerstown Pic-A-Part Novice- Carrie Penn
B & R Speed Supply Street- Amy Romeo
Z & M Cycle Sales Motorcycle- Joey Devola
Latrobe Auto Group Modified- Matt Obertanec
Mike's Auto Body Top- Scotty Campbell

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bracket finals at KRP this week, tough team to make, hopefully a tough team to beat.

http://www.ihra.com/images/2017_STF_Division_3.pdf

Radio Station 91.5 FM

IHRA NORTHSTAR SUMMIT TEAM FINALS SCHEDULE

If weather delays the event, it will be finished on the first available day.

Main event Run Order: Street, Juniors, Modified, Motorcycle, Top

Gamblers race run order: No Box, Juniors, Box, Bike

Wednesday September 13

Parking and Registration

4:00 pm – 9:30pm

Thursday September 14

Parking and Registration 9:00 am – 9:30pm

Time Trials (2) 10:00 am

Early Bird Gamblers Race After Time Trials

Friday September 15

Parking and Registration 9:00 am – 9:30pm

Time Trial (1 session) 10:00 am

Keystone Raceway Junior Challenge Following Time Trial

Keystone Raceway Challenge Following Time Trial

Track Operator meeting 8:00 pm

Saturday September 16

Gates Open 9 :00 am – 9:30pm

God Speed Ministry Service 9:00 am

Team Captains Race 9:30 am

Team photos & Special judging during Team Captains Race

Time Trial - After Special Judging

Gambler Race (one round) After Time Trial

Main Event Eliminations After Gamblers E1

Gamblers continues After Main Event

Sunday September 17

Gates Open 8:00 am

Complete Main event eliminators 8:30 am ** If necessary **

FOOT TRAFFIC ONLY BEGINNING 1 HOUR AFTER RACING HAS ENDED EACH NIGHT

Schedule may change at any time. Specialty events are time and weather permitting.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, My buddy Bob Bacha is bringing his 69 Camaro out for the S/SS race. It's been in mothballs for 21 years. He was a regular at Keystone and PID a looong time ago. He let me drive it one season and I remember winning the combo race two weekends in a row. When you attend a nostalgia event and you were actually there....says something about your age. LOL

Anyway, he's been working on it and the trailer since spring to get everything back in shape. We've been out with it a couple times and it's running great. Seeing the car, trailer and same 82 Chev truck towing is like looking at a time capsule.

Hope we have good weather weekends here on out!!

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think I'd heard that from Jim Senkewitz or Bill Truby that Bob was bringing the car back out. I think that is awesome, looking forward to seeing it and everything else that weekend.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Yep, Awesome weekend. I assume the Ohio Gassers will be there again. They are worth the price of admission alone. I wish there was a group my truck would fit in. It's not old enough but I am. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Ohio AA Gassers will be there. I agree, love those cars. A '40 Willys is my ultimate dream car. There was one this past weekend's bracket finals racing for Thompson, mid 6s in the 1/8 that I was drooling over.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,

Where can I get information regarding the GGG race in October? Cost, payout, classes, times, etc.?

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, I haven't seen a flyer yet. I expect it will be the same as it's been. Box, no box, and juniors, all 3 days, good payouts, great time. C'mon over! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I plan to Chuck. Last two times I raced there last year I broke my car each time. Need to break the curse.

I was hoping to find out the details for planning purposes. I was hoping to see something that would allow me to make the necessary plans. Please let me know when you have something. It has been many years since I last raced the 3G race, given that it has always conflicted with one of the other races that I race during that time....or my machine was not working at the time.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jim, I was looking at last year's flyer, and expect it will be the same. $125 weekend entry, $1k to win Friday, $2k on both Saturday and Sunday, round money starts with a third round win. As soon as I see something official, I'll send it your way.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
GGG flyer is up on the KRP site and FB page.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
All forms of double entries are allowed. Car/driver cannot go down the track more than twice per class. Separate car numbers must be used.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's time for our annual Halloween themed race, Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads! 3 days of bracket racing in junior dragsters, no box, and box classes, with trick or treating and costume contest on Saturday night.

Route 22 entrance only will be used all weekend. Those with reserved pit spots have until Thursday at 6pm to park. Gates will be locked at that time. Anyone coming in after 6pm Thursday, before gates open at noon on Friday, the Route 22 gate will be open, but the entrance booths closed, so racers can stage up there until noon Friday. Racers who do not have reserved spots can park early also, but not in reserved spots.

Racers, yes, double entering in No Box and Box is allowed, all forms, as is double classing. Car and driver cannot go down the track more than twice per class. Double entries will be called to the lanes first in each class. Yes, if you can't make all 3 days, you can buy in for 1 day.

Friday, October 6, Gruesome Ghouls race - gates open at noon. 2 time trials sessions start at 3pm, eliminations follow.

Saturday, October 7, Coffins of Cash race - Gates open at 8am, 1 time trial session at 9am, eliminations follow. All racing and motorized vehicle traffic stops and gates are closed from 8pm-9pm for trick or treating. Racing resumes at 9pm, and Trainwreck plays at the pavilion after racing is finished.

Sunday, October 8, Coffins of Cash race - Gates open at 8am, 1 time trial session at 9am, eliminations follow.

See the flyer for entry fees and payouts. Come have a great time with us!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Forecast looks good all weekend! Always a blast, great time and great racing.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wanted to take the time to say that this weekend races were awesome. Track was perfect for every round, track personnel top notch, things ran smooth, and we had a blast. Already looking forward to next season - not that we are done YET. Few more races on the calendar I want to attend.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1434 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
This Monday, KRP is having a 10% off sale on hoodies, hats, thshirts, AND gift cards!

Christmas Sale - December 18!

You heard of Cyber Monday and Green Monday during this holiday shopping season. How about we call this Green Light Shopping Monday? Call the track at 724-668-7600 on Monday, December 18, between 9am-4pm, or stop in the office (the entrance directly on Route 22 next to the office will be used) during those times, and pick up KRP hats, hoodies, and tee shirts at 10% off. And... we are extending the 10% sale to gift cards! That’s right, $45 for $50 gift card, $90 for a $100 gift card, etc! If you call and get the voicemail, leave a name and number, and we’ll call you back! All phoned in orders will ship out on Tuesday. Please like and share, and as always, thank you for your support!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Good thing the car show isn't this weekend !!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For the 2018 season, I'm hoping to assist Mike Carr in presenting the 2018 Tri-State Stock/SuperStock series in PA, Ohio, and MD.

I've had the opportunity to race this series for the past several years, and have never been disappointed by the competition and camaraderie it brings. For many of us, myself included, this is the closest to class racing we (I) will ever get. 1/4 mile only, no delay boxes, any dial-in, no buy backs, no double entries, .500 full tree.

By working closely with tracks, and being included in already-scheduled events, Mike pays back 100% of the entry fees directly to the racers. Third round losers win their money back, and round money doubles every round win.

Partial 2018 Schedule:
-April 7-8, Mason Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown Maryland (one race Sunday, possible small-entry Gamber Race Saturday)

-May 12-13, Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria PA (two races)

-September 20-30, Keystone (two races)

-November 3-4, Hagerstown (two races)

-We have one possible at Dragway 42 on August 4-5; details forthcoming. That, plus 1-2 others in Ohio. That would give us 9-10 races. Points will be kept track of. Best 6 out of 9, or 7 out of 10, etc.

Points Program:
$25 to join points. Normally top X receive money, but is driven by total number of participants.

Cars that were legal in IHRA this past year (Crate Motor, Pure Stock, SS/Production, etc. will still be legal to compete with us this season. Also, NHRA-legal cars as well as Nostalgia/SS. All rules/format from the last few years remain unchanged.

Class Rules:
http://classracer.com/classfor...owthread.php?t=61108

If you are unsure if your car qualifies under the very loose rules listed at the link above, send me a PM and we will get it squared away asap.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post