DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

Ray, you're a nancy too for not buying back. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, figured I'd get in the convo too....I think everybody realized that the timing system is out of the track's control, thats not an issue, but i think alot of people opting out were frustrated throughout the day, finishing with the delay due to the one return road holding things up (could we have used just the one side since it was round robin?) and they had a long tow home (my battery took me out 1st rd so it was 50/50 to me)...i know its not a good reason but its a reason. A lot of racers seem disgruntled, it'd be nice to see some more on here and find out why...maybe the racers are being too picky, or maybe there are some valid gripes, who knows, there's only one way to find out....myself personally had a big problem with whoever was running the Mod lanes (i dont mean to offend anybody), the people at PRP do a wonderful job and are a great bunch of guys, but the guy at the front of the lanes was nothing but absolutely rude and racer unfriendly everytime he opened his mouth, at least to me and a fellow racer anyway (maybe he was having a bad day or it was me, i dont know). I'm not trying to nit pick just throwing out my 2 cents.

Anyhoo i do want to wish to all you guys nothing but the best of luck at the bracket finals! Kick some serious a**!

Kyle

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think that the track should have just made the decision to run the 1/8th when it started.
maybe the ones that didnt want to run cant remember how to dial it for the 1/8th.

thanks bill,but you did a great job with mia's car. if you look at the time slip, she had him by .129 sec at the stripe. thats a long way in feet.and broke out by only .008 sec.
so i wouldnt feel down on yourself at all.
it takes team work with a jr. crew chief has his job and so does the driver. if i tell ryan to run it out the end and he breaks out, i take the blame. but with racing faster cars, he cant judge the stripe at 48 mph against a car running 80 mph at the finish. thats why i dial him quicker so we doesnt break out too much. and i also figure the way he is on the tree, he can make up some of that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Mr. "King of Street" Markie Brewer!

AJ - Congrats to you too buddy! I thought for sure that you would find the winner's circle the way you were chopping the tree down! If I would have paired up with you in the lanes, I would have just put the car on the trailer and saved myself the embarassment Big Grin

Now let's make a run for the Championship at the Bracket Finals!!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good luck to all the PRP racers going to the bracket finals at Quaker City. Enjoy yourselves and have fun.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
good luck at the finals guys.see you there Big Grin

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
aj,which chumps ??????what class???? Eek

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think he means anyone thats not part of team PRP Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Both TOP and MOD there were about 12 left in top and about the same in MOD and there were only 3 guys from both that wanted to race.......

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mike is good to go, it was an injector. Kerry felt the brunt of the testing, pulling off plug wires while the car ran to listen for a change in sound. After 2 plugs, he asked Mike to bypass the MSD to reduce his getting shocked. Ah, what dad's do for their sons. They found it on the last plug, and it was one of the injectors he didn't need to remove the intake for.

I also forgot to say thanks to our sponsors for the King of Street... Josh Wirt and Nick Tedesco! It wasn't until I was going over the timeslips yesterday when I caught their names at the top of them.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone is ready for the practice tree races at the Bracket finals. I know I am. We do need one more piece of equipment to make it happen and that is a thumb switch for a biondo practice. I only have one working switch. Also by the looks of the weather we may get alot of use out of the practice tree.

See everyone tommorow.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ,
If you need a swtich i can see if I can get a hold of one...let me know. Are the switches different between trees?

Kyle

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll have my switches and cables for the PT Pro with me tomorrow, and we can see if they'll match up. Looks like we should get tomorrow in pretty nicely. Remember, gambler's race we have to stay away from each other on our own; they won't separate us.

Dress warm, going to be some cool nights.

Barry, if you read this, bring your thumb switch for your tree.

<Bill Turk>
posted
Does anyone know if there is a gamblers race for the Jr's??

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes their is a Jr Gamblers it is on friday. Starts at 2PM.

Yeah the switches are different between some of them. We can see when we get there tommorow.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ, I have a Biondo switch that I'll rent for $.25 per hit Smile Just kidding, I'll have one with me so we should be good to go!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mad Dog>
posted
How would you rate Pittsburgh Raceway Park?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
For as much work as I need on the tree, AJ will have gas covered in no time. Big Grin

What kind of rating are you looking for? Traction (awesome), payout (solid), friendliness (very much so), food (good), pits (good), announcer (very funny)?

It's my second home, it's a community, a family.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
AJ, if your full size tree works with a porta tree unit, ill be bringing ours, with 2 thumb switches and a foot pedal.
bill, i only see 2 races on friday for jrs, the QC jr challenge and the jr race of champions.
plus the 2 time runs starting at 8 am

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Kyle, I'm not sure if you were talking about me or not. If it was me then I apologize to you and the other Mod racer for being rude. It's not my intention to be a problem for anyone. We all have a job to do and my job is to keep the cars coming out of the lanes in a timely manner. Sometimes I can be a little short with a racer, but that's just because I'm trying to do a good job. One of the biggest complaints we get up there is how late the program runs. This year we've tried to speed things up a bit and sometimes I don't have the patience to be as nice as I should be to everyone.

Do me a favor if you will, here's my email address, tonfagnilli@aol.com. Please take a couple of minutes of your time and send me a message and let me know exactly what problems you and the other Mod racer had, and I will definetly get back to you. Thanks for your time.

Hey Chuck, I better watch for what I wish for.
Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post