DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I love seeing the series, Mike. Cool cars and great racing. I'm going to check with M Carr and see if my car fits the rules. I'd like to run May 12 and the nostalgia weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I love seeing the series, Mike. Cool cars and great racing. I'm going to check with M Carr and see if my car fits the rules. I'd like to run May 12 and the nostalgia weekend.

Awesome Chuck, the more the merrier (and the bigger the purse!).

Hopefully racers see this class as an additional option on the days it's offered, and not just an alternative to another program. Because Mike utilizes a ladder during eliminations, he is super flexible with working with racers who are also entered in other classes on the same day. I've raced in modified, Tri State, and Buds Auto all on the same day before, and never had an issue with being rushed beyond what I considered normal.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Top and Mod, so May 13 would be too abusive for my taste. But on the 12th, I'm definitely interested, and could still double in the box/no box combo if I wanted.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Abusive is a good word, it was rough. But, reason I mentioned that was because I know I've talked to people in the past that didn't feel doing multiple classes was an option, or were worried about being rushed.

Buds Auto gets a great turnout of cars that can easily cross over and do both, so I always encourage it.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
talk to me about this sniper series

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
is there a pit spot map online and how much are they

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What do you want to know about the Sniper series? Looks like an awesome series to me!

Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

https://goo.gl/4BaPC9

Posts: 19 | Location: Pittsburgh,pa | Registered: November 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lot of great events at keystone this year. Is the sniper series box and no box combined?

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mac
posted Hide Post
Keystone Raceway Park They are kept separate, but it is all one class, one payout, one bye per round. Our run order is no box double cars, no box, box door car double entries, box door cars, open body double entry, open body. If there is an odd number of no box, the last no box car runs the first box door car. If an odd number of box door cars, the last box door car runs the first open body box car.

Posts: 7 | Location: burgh | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.Looks like a good series. I am looking forward to do some racing this year.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quartermilemadnessman (George?) this is the flyer for the April and September races. The June and August races are the same, except the Friday night race will be for points for KRP points members, and there will be juniors on those Saturdays. I don't have a pit parking form in front of me, but I did hear that the front and second rows on the left lane side are all reserved. Email the track or send a message a message to their FB page.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dale, looking forward to seeing you, been awhile! And to seeing the new ride!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fellow bracket racers, I want to take Bud's classes (see the link below, and check out the pages). I have 4 racers and me committed to it, and need 1 more. Class costs $550. Bud McNasby is extremely well known, in all types of racing, and is a stand up guy. There would be a lot of details to work out, but my hope would we'd be able to work something out with KRP for an April weekend, prior to points and the full season schedule of everyone's events. Ohio, NY, MD, you guys might be interested in this too. Please check out his page and website. Bud is on DRR, botmbulb.

From Bud onb my FB thread:
Thank you all for your interest in the school. I just wanted to give a little more information about how I try to set up an at-track class. Typically I like to do 3 days at the track with the student's own vehicles (with a certain amount of classroom time each day). If 3 track days aren't possible, 2 track days and a classroom day will work just fine. As Chuck mentioned, I would need 5 or more people in addition to him to bring a school to PRP. This would be a Level 1 Package, and includes Level 2 Reaction Time, Level 1 Finish Line, and Level 1 Consistency/Prediction courses, as well as 3 years of tech support. The cost is $550 per person. Also, I have multiple instructors to ensure that everyone gets the personal attention they deserve. My goal is to make each and every student the best racer they can be. If anyone has ANY questions at all, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

https://budsplaceracingschool.com/

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck.It has been two years since I raced. I hope I remember how to do it. Lol.

ICS RACING ENGINES

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Banquet ticket deadline is March 2.

Keystone Raceway Park 2017 Season and Hall of Fame Banquet

The annual racer’s banquet and Hall of Fame induction ceremony have been combined into one evening! Come join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of the 2017 season, and induct the latest members into the Keystone Raceway hall of fame! Moving to a new location, Colton Hall in Claridge, on Saturday, March 17, check in is at 3pm, dinner is at 5pm. $25 for adults, $18 for children 12 and under. Email Amber to order your tickets, amber@keystoneracewaypark.com, or send a check payable to G&S Racing LLC, PO Box 225, Avonmore, PA, 15618.

Menu:
Cubed cheese and meat
Swedish meatballs

Roast beef
Parmesan crusted chicken
Parsley potatoes
Penne in red sauce
Penne in alfredo sauce
Meatballs
Strawberry spinach salad
Vegetable medley
Rolls and butter

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Preentry for the Saturday, April 21, 64 car shootout at the first Sniper Series event is open!

Preentry for the 64 car shootout on April 21’s Sniper Series opens in 3 minutes! Go to:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin...ton_id=K2T5FWDU4D93U

You do not have to have a PayPal account to make the payment. Under the “Log In”, you will see an option to pay with a debit or credit card.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Shooting for the weekend of April 13-15. PM me if you're interested in attending. The schedule would be classroom time Friday late afternoon, about 4 hours. Saturday morning, 9:30 or so, a couple more hours of classroom time, followed by the gamblers race and test and tune at Keystone (racers pay the track for their tech cards as usual). Sunday would be on track time, TBD.

quote:
Fellow bracket racers, I want to take Bud's classes (see the link below, and check out the pages). I have 4 racers and me committed to it, and need 1 more. Class costs $550. Bud McNasby is extremely well known, in all types of racing, and is a stand up guy. There would be a lot of details to work out, but my hope would we'd be able to work something out with KRP for an April weekend, prior to points and the full season schedule of everyone's events. Ohio, NY, MD, you guys might be interested in this too. Please check out his page and website. Bud is on DRR, botmbulb.

From Bud onb my FB thread:
Thank you all for your interest in the school. I just wanted to give a little more information about how I try to set up an at-track class. Typically I like to do 3 days at the track with the student's own vehicles (with a certain amount of classroom time each day). If 3 track days aren't possible, 2 track days and a classroom day will work just fine. As Chuck mentioned, I would need 5 or more people in addition to him to bring a school to PRP. This would be a Level 1 Package, and includes Level 2 Reaction Time, Level 1 Finish Line, and Level 1 Consistency/Prediction courses, as well as 3 years of tech support. The cost is $550 per person. Also, I have multiple instructors to ensure that everyone gets the personal attention they deserve. My goal is to make each and every student the best racer they can be. If anyone has ANY questions at all, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

https://budsplaceracingschool.com/

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Man, I hope this is the onion snow. I want to race!!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I hear ya Chuck!! burnouts are needed!!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
First Sniper Series weekend starts tomorrow! There are entries available for the Saturday shootout, which will follow the main event $5k.

This week's schedule:

(Sniper Series event only, no test and tune or juniors this weekend):

Please use Stone Jug Road entrance.

We are watching the weather. If it proves to be unsafe to get on the track Friday, we will move add that purse to Sunday's race. The forecast looks good for Saturday's $5K main event and $5K shootout. With the early start, warmer temps, and a lot of daylight, we are very optimistic on having a great event!

Friday, April 20, Sniper Series (1/8th mile bracket racing), gates open 5pm, time trial at 6:30pm. See flyer for details.

Saturday, April 21, Sniper Series (1/8th mile bracket racing), gates open 8:30am, time trials at 10:00am. See flyer for details.

Sunday, April 22, Sniper Series (1/8th mile bracket racing), gates open 8:30am, time trial at 10:00am. See flyer for details.

Rules:
* Combination race, one bye per round.
* All run, 1/8th mile. Motorcycles welcome; bikes using a delay box must run with box open body.
* Double entry (all forms) allowed, double entries must use 2 different numbers. No driver may have more than 2 entries; no car can go down the track more than 2 times per round.
* Run order is no box double entries, no box, box door car double entries, box door car, box open body double entries, box open body. No box will be called to the lanes first, if odd number of cars, last no box car runs first box door car. If odd number of box door cars, last box door car will run first box open body car.
* Entries will be paired from quarterfinals on, based on reaction time, lane choice going to the better reaction time in each pair.
*Only no box cars may deep stage, MUST have "DEEP" clearly marked on all four sides of the car.
* First round bye will be given to best reaction time from time trial. Subsequent bye runs given to best winning reaction time of previous round. Ties broken by best package. In the event of an even pairing, bye car has lane choice. Bye runs do not carry over, but the driver remains eligible to earn the bye run again. An entry cannot take 2 byes, unless all remaining entries have previously taken a bye.
* Reentries will run each other one round, with winners advancing to round 2. Reentry round winners are not eligible for Round 2 bye.
* Lane choice: once the lanes run, any late arrivals to the lanes must go to the tail end of the single file lane. Lane choice via a coin flip if single file.
* 100 car minimum for full purse payout. In the event of short field, runner up, semis, and round money guaranteed. Only "Win" subject to prorating. If weather shortens race, we will finish the race following the next day's race. If we are unable to finish on track, then remaining payouts will be split among winners of the last completed round.
* Random inspections may be done at any time. Slew rate controls are expressly prohibited. Infractions may result in DQ, suspension, forfeit of entries, and/or money.
* Box - Crosstalk will always be on, and will not be turned off.
* 64 car shootout will accept preentries, starting one month before each event. Weekend/day entries will be purchased at the gate. In the shootout, no box will be called to the lanes first. If an odd number of no box cars, the last no box car will run the first box car.