DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<68charger>
posted
yea get your dial in fiqured out! was out there
2 weeks ago on a friday night and was down .2 as always slow *** QRC

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, lead points the w**** year. then lost it at the end. Rich won 20 straight rounds to do it so he is the man. Going to deliver the camaro to the romeo house on thursday. By the way congrats to Tony Barone for his runner up at quaker city monday. AJ I love you man Cool

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we have never raced at quaker, how does it compare to the ET at PRP. just curious if its slower or faster in the 1/8th since thats all we run .
see you all on sat.
jeff

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
In the 1/8th I'd say not too much difference maybe a few numbers slow. In the 1/4 I usually run almost .15-.2 slow, and 2 mph slow.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ok, thanks, ryan made it to the bracket finals this year and wants to do well for team PRP.
he has been doing his job at the tree, i just need to do mine Roll Eyes

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hey ray whats up with your retarded friend mark G is he trying to get the shiot smacked out of him?screaming and biotching at my ole man.crying about getting his ars stomped again by the ole man!!ask him about it he went off at the deep end after my dad shook his hand and said nice run.he called dad everything he could!and dad just walked away.cant beleive it but he just walked away.not the place or the time i guess.and of course he was behind a couple of guys.and at a safe distance for a quick escape.i sure hope mr gwynn was kidding around even thou it didnt sound like it.and no i wasnt there to witness this.and i am glad i wasnt!!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Anyway, I am very happy to say that I am now part of the Bracket Finals team. Jeff and Glenn have turned down the spot, and I was next on the list. It's not the way I wanted to get in, but I'm in, and excited as can be. Woo hoo!!!! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great to hear Chuck.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats awesome news Chuck.

Aj, anytime your over this way visiting Brianna just let me know, maybe you could set this wirless up for me.

Anybody racing Quaker this weekend? Kevin told me a bunch of people are heading out.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Probably not this week I am in New Orleans but next week. Planning on going to Quaker this weekend myself.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
AJ, Mark

Do you guys have any idea how Quaker run the JR program. Do they run a Friday and Sunday event? or just a Saturday for them? I tried to look the their website but info for the JR's is very limited.

Since Mia is going to the Bracket finals this year i wanted to get some runs in out there if possible.

Thanks for any info..

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark and AJ. I am very pumped up, and really hope to do some good for the team.

I'm sticking with PRP this weekend, there's no place like home. It's tempting to go get some data there, but hopefully I'll get enough between time trials and the gambler's race.

Bill, I'm not much help. I was there for one of the Door Wars, and don't recall seeing any juniors. I know they start their juniors early on Saturday, getting them well under way before the big cars start time trials.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
bill , i asked on a jr site how QC runs compared to prp. here is what codey deal told me.
quote:
quaker runs their classes 8-9 yr old...8.90 and up...and 7.90 and up..you get one warning if you run under your index and the second time you are done for the day...they run us 2 time runs..then right into first round of eliminations..we run eliminations, then the rest of the day we run similer to PRP(with the big cars)...i run right around the same speed at both tracks..(7.90's-8.0's)maybe a little bit quicker at PRP...but i will say one thing the traction at PRP is wayy better than at QC....also many people complain about the hill at QC but, this does not effect the JRs..the hill doesnt even start until after 1000 foot and really its not that bad

hope this helps you
i wish prp would run a jr track champ run-off before the finals, that way all 3 jrs would have a shot at the jr race of champions

here is their sat. schedule at QC
Regular Saturday Event
Gates Open: 10:00am
Jr Time Trials: 10:30am
Jr Eliminations: 12:00pm
Time Trials: 12:00pm
Eliminations: 4:00pm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill they run jrs exactly how Jeff just explained. The program is alot bigger and longer they probably have 3 times as many as prp. Maybe about 25 in Mia's class. I ran qcr for many years. It is an awesome place. The thing to remember is there track gets better as the sun goes down. I don't know how it effects the mod cars, but top cars pick way up. We were coming to prp this weekend but if alot of you guys are going to qcr maybe we can go there.Bill thanks for another year as director of prp things went smoothly. Mark had a great time racing with yor dad monday. We get that car dialed a little tighter and with his lights hell be tough to beat.AJ is brianna sleeping ok with big ben being out?

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey, did you guys see this on CompPlus?:

• UPDATE: Torco's CompetitionPlus.com has confirmed through a source close to Staley that former Alcohol Funny Car racer Billy Gibson will be the driver. It is believed this program will begin in 2007. Gibson will be teammates with Jim Yates and also utilize Bill Jenkins horsepower.

The hot tip for Indy's multi Pro Stock announcements this weekend is that a NFL Super Bowl champion will announce ownership of a Pro Stock team. Immediately, that brought visions of Jim Yates and Joe Gibbs to mind. However, our source tells us that it's Pittsburgh Steelers running back Duce Staley who will make the jump from Pro Modified to Pro Stock. (8-30-2006)

It would be cool to get Duce up to the track, or some of the other Steelers that have hot rods. Deshea Townsend has exceptional taste:
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelersphoto/photos_display.asp?ID=3544

Go Steelers!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool Chuck.
That could be big.

I hate to ask a question like this, on a site such as this, but....... does anyone know if the bracket race at Sport Compact Madness race this Friday is pro tree again, or full tree?

I'd like to test Wink my work beater a little, for my daughters TCR race.

this is how desperate I’ve become for a little seat time…….

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
"Ray, I am sleeping ok with Ben being out for the big season opener because I am confident that our DEFENSE will hold the Dolphins back. My question for you is are you sleeping ok knowing that the Cowboys are going to have a losing season?" Brianna

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Coolwhats up with the roll of the eyes chuckt? Big Grin

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, I am pretty certain it is a pro tree for the sport compact race. And I know you're just gathering data to come out and play again, like last GGG. Big Grin

Ray, say it ain't so.... a COWBOY fan?!?!

Brianna nailed it, the defense really stepped up with the INT's in the 4th quarter.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Well the way I understand it, it was a pro tree until eliminations and then went to full tree. Not sure how they are planning on doing it this evening. Thinking about possibly running the Cavalier, maybe. Chuck, what does she run?